Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Randy Starks?

Dark Superman

I think if the Colts can get this guy he would be an upgrade on the defensive front..

He doesn't miss a lot of games, he only missed one game in the past 5 years.

He's disruptive and has the ability to get to the ball carrier or quarterback.

Only negative thing about him is that he's 30.

Would probably thrive playing alongside guys like Mathis or Chapman,

I agree. I think he will bring a toughness that the middle of this line needs. And like I mentioned earlier playing alongside guys like Mathis,Redding and Chapman will only help.

I am not a big 'salary' expert...more X's and O's...:)  How much are the good players gonna go for this year?  Other than QB of course....

30 isn't too old for a 3-4 year deal if you have the right guy with the right motivation at the right price.

Cory Redding turned 32 during his first season with us, was signed on a 3 year deal, and has been very effective on field and in the locker room.

If Orakpo can be 'had....'  Love him....does he want to win, and establish himself again?  Werner and Walden will stay IMO however.

Oh, no doubt but having that 4th OLB that can be a difference maker will give more options for our pass rush. Your coverage can only hold up so much vs elite QBs. If our DE play more containment roles, pass rush comes primarily from our OLBs and outside Mathis, everyone else can be handled 1-on-1.

Oh, no doubt but having that 4th OLB that can be a difference maker will give more options for our pass rush. Your coverage can only hold up so much vs elite QBs. If our DE play more containment roles, pass rush comes primarily from our OLBs and outside Mathis, everyone else can be handled 1-on-1.

I agree and I love Orakpo...especially in the Geico commercials.  :)  So easy a Linebacker can do it.

geico-cheerleader-caveman-featuring-bria