Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Much Money Does A Guy Need?

OldManP

Omaha Steak is donating $500 every time Manning calls Omaha...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10303147/peyton-manning-foundation-earn-500-every-omaha?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Still for the advertising it is a very good rate, but it is nice for them to do this.

Great move..

.....If they can get millions or people watching to connect Peyton's Omaha  calls with Omaha Steaks..

that's  millions of dollars of free advertising for what?    44 by 500...$22,000 ?

....the only problem is: What if Peyton starts shouting 'Papa Johns"  'Papa Johns' !!!! :D

Great move..

.....If they can get millions or people watching to connect Peyton's Omaha  calls with Omaha Steaks..

that's  millions of dollars of free advertising for what?    44 by 500...$22,000 ?

....the only problem is: What if Peyton starts shouting 'Papa Johns"  'Papa Johns' !!!! :D

Eagles defense did shout "Papa Johns" to "disrupt" Manning in their game at Denver, but they still got blown out and Manning did not even play the 4th qtr.

I think this is a fantastic revenue-generating idea. Why limit it also?

Can you picture Manning or Brady under center, yelling something like...

"Twinkies! Geico-AllState-Progressive, McDonald's Whopper Junior Baconator, Depends Undergarments ALPHA GO!!!!"

I read that yesterday and had to laugh out loud.... :lol:

If the guys at Omaha Steaks had only heard :Omaha Omaha!!!!  They would have sold a million rib eyes by now....or T-Bones!  They do have a lot a "steak" here!!!  I will take mine medium rare please!!!   :)

rare-steak.jpg

Omaha Steaks needs to get a truck full of these down to the tailgate party in Denver Sunday..

(I'm sure the 'Skittles' people are all over Seattle)

I think this is a fantastic revenue-generating idea. Why limit it also?

Don't they need permission from any QB before using his audibles to generate $$$$$?

At least Omaha Steaks shows up on my caller ID, that I can conveniently ignore. I have bought from them before to invite their marketing (my fault) but I buy maybe once a year and that is it, while they call me every week :).

If Peyton was interested in this at all, there wouldn't be any way that he'd do it if Omaha Steaks dictated Manning on how many times he must call out "Omaha."  So if he did it at all, it would be an endorsement of sorts where he would do commercials (which may not be permitted, depending on his endorsement deal with Papa Johns), and donations were made similar to the one that the 5 companies of Omaha are doing now - donate a certain amount to chairty for every time Peyton says "Omaha." 

Don't they need permission from any QB before using his audibles to generate $$$$$?

At least Omaha Steaks shows up on my caller ID, that I can conveniently ignore. I have bought from them before to invite their marketing (my fault) but I buy maybe once a year and that is it, while they call me every week :).

You only need permission if Manning got the word Omaha copyrighted.  I'm pretty sure that word falls under the category of "prior art".

You only need permission if Manning got the word Omaha copyrighted.  I'm pretty sure that word falls under the category of "prior art".

If they do something promotional or revenue generation based on something that happens on the field explicitly, then they will have to deal with the NFL at least, IMO.

It would be different if they were a non-profit and were doing something for charity, I would think.

Omaha Steak is donating $500 every time Manning calls Omaha...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10303147/peyton-manning-foundation-earn-500-every-omaha?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Still for the advertising it is a very good rate, but it is nice for them to do this.

All they need to do now is to make sure that the commentators bring up their charity donation during the game.  

Of course most likely the Broncos have changed their codes already and he may not say Omaha at all.  

Although I think I would get them by just repeating Omaha over and over and over again any time I'm not calling an audible or calling for the snap or really saying anything important.  

All they need to do now is to make sure that the commentators bring up their charity donation during the game.  

Of course most likely the Broncos have changed their codes already and he may not say Omaha at all.  

Although I think I would get them by just repeating Omaha over and over and over again any time I'm not calling an audible or calling for the snap or really saying anything important.  

I think he always says Omaha.....

....the Omaha Steaks people simply need to buy one ad that says...

"When you hear 'Omaha', think Omaha Steaks!!!!

The or ders will start pouring in.. :spit:

Why all the interest in Omaha all of a sudden? Guy's been saying it for years.

That's pretty much what I've been wondering.

I'm also pretty confident that the only thing this attention will accomplish is to get him to stop saying Omaha.

In answer to the OP's insinuation, Peyton has never done "anything for a buck". It sounds, however, like Omaha Steaks will. If anything I'd be irritated at the thought that anyone in the Broncos organization might have to waste a second of their busy week dealing with this nonsense.