Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Hope AFC Champ game Colts Vs Bronco's, yet Mile High report appears to show its negative side - Thoughts ?

bayone

sorry will read when can but have  issues that may keep me away,

Man was I proud of our Colts

Historically, Peyton Manning's teams have struggled against the Chargers in the playoffs  

Since Manning joined the AFC West, the Chargers have given the Broncos the best competition out of any AFC West foe.

Despite a 3-1 record, each game has been a grind. Lifetime Phillip Rivers is 7-2 playing Denver in the Mile High City.

It is a rarity for teams to face each other three times in a season.  The Chargers played   have ran hot and cold all year.  They are a hard team to peg and you truly never know what you are going to face on any given Sunday

the Broncos will have to be on top of their game to come away with a victory.

I'll say this, the AFC remaining 4 seeds have major major QB talent and power. I can see any of the 4 QBs remaining taking over a game and winning it. (ya hear that Bill Polian)

But, with all this talk of Peyton going one and done maybe people are jinxing it all and he won't go one and done and is due for a postseason win again. And Brady is due for a one and done again. In a way it's funny since the two teams who have given Brady his one and dones in the playoffs were Baltimore and Rex Ryan from Baltimore. And Pagano is from Baltimore too who btw was not there when we played in NE last season.

I'll say this, the AFC remaining 4 seeds have major major QB talent and power. I can see any of the 4 QBs remaining taking over a game and winning it. (ya hear that Bill Polian)

But, with all this talk of Peyton going one and done maybe people are jinxing it all and he won't go one and done and is due for a postseason win again. And Brady is due for a one and done again. In a way it's funny since the two teams who have given Brady his one and dones in the playoffs were Baltimore and Rex Ryan from Baltimore. And Pagano is from Baltimore too who btw was not there when we played in NE last season.

Jules, you don't have anywhere close to the defensive personnel of those Ravens playoff teams. And neither did the Ravens this season and Brady put 41 on them.

Hey, 3-1 as a Bronco vs the Chargers is still better than the 1-5 Peyton was as a Colt from 2005-2010 vs Chargers.

A win will be a win, grind it out or not, same thing for the Colts. No style points in the NFL.

If Broncos win 31-27 or the Colts win 24-20, is either team going to cry about it?

The guard is surely up for the Broncos because all 3 AFC teams remaining are the ones that have beaten them.

We will see how things unfold.

Hey, 3-1 as a Bronco vs the Chargers is still better than the 1-5 Peyton was as a Colt from 2005-2010 vs Chargers.

A win will be a win, grind it out or not, same thing for the Colts. No style points in the NFL.

If Broncos win 31-27 or the Colts win 24-20, is either team going to cry about it?

The guard is surely up for the Broncos because all 3 AFC teams remaining are the ones that have beaten them.

Peyton was 1-5 vs Chargers as a Colt? Really? Didn't even realize he played them that much or would have lost that many.

Jules, you don't have anywhere close to the defensive personnel of those Ravens playoff teams. And neither did the Ravens this season and Brady put 41 on them.

Ravens sucked this year.

And we may not have the defensive personnel of those teams to a T but the Patriots don't have the offensive personnel of recent seasons either.

Ravens sucked this year.

And we may not have the defensive personnel of those teams to a T but the Patriots don't have the offensive personnel of recent seasons either.

Ravens were one win from the playoffs. But their defense was not the same and the Pats dominated them. I don't expect the Pats to blow out the Colts but they will also not be stymied either like the Ravens teams did to them the past couple of post-seasons.

Peyton was 1-5 vs Chargers as a Colt? Really? Didn't even realize he played them that much or would have lost that many.

Yep, as a percentage, his W-L record is worse vs the Chargers than vs the Pats as a Colt since 2005.

1-5 vs Chargers as a Colt from 2005-2010, 5-2 vs Pats as a Colts from 2005-2010.

Yep, as a percentage, his W-L record is worse vs the Chargers than vs the Pats as a Colt since 2005.

1-5 vs Chargers as a Colt from 2005-2010, 5-2 vs Pats as a Colts from 2005-2010.

That is stunning. Suppose Rivers must feel good about his team's chances based on that.

That is stunning. Suppose Rivers must feel good about his team's chances based on that.

Yep. That is why when someone says he is JUST 3-1 vs the Chargers as a Bronco with the only loss coming on a short week, I keep that in perspective. :)

Ravens were one win from the playoffs. But their defense was not the same and the Pats dominated them. I don't expect the Pats to blow out the Colts but they will also not be stymied either like the Ravens teams did to them the past couple of post-seasons.

I don't think we will shut the Pats out by any means since Brady will always put up points. At the same time I think we can put up a lot of points too if we get rolling. Since Wilfork/Mayo have left I have been largely unimpressed with the NE defense.

With the Colts D it depends on which brand shows up. After the KC game they will be on edge to make up for giving up so many points IMO. We tend to be up and down.

I don't think we will shut the Pats out by any means since Brady will always put up points. At the same time I think we can put up a lot of points too if we get rolling. Since Wilfork/Mayo have left I have been largely unimpressed with the NE defense.

With the Colts D it depends on which brand shows up. After the KC game they will be on edge to make up for giving up so many points IMO. We tend to be up and down.

NEs D has gotten a lot better the past month in particular the past two games. Much better against the run and have all pros in Talib and McCourtney in the secondary. It won't be easy but Luck is also going to put up points. It will come down to who makes less mistakes and possibly who has the ball last.

sorry will read when can but have  issues that may keep me away,

Man was I proud of our Colts

Historically, Peyton Manning's teams have struggled against the Chargers in the playoffs  

Since Manning joined the AFC West, the Chargers have given the Broncos the best competition out of any AFC West foe.

Despite a 3-1 record, each game has been a grind. Lifetime Phillip Rivers is 7-2 playing Denver in the Mile High City.

It is a rarity for teams to face each other three times in a season.  The Chargers played   have ran hot and cold all year.  They are a hard team to peg and you truly never know what you are going to face on any given Sunday

the Broncos will have to be on top of their game to come away with a victory.

Nothing that didn't happen this year matters..

Not the same teams...

This year,.,. they are 1-1

Nothing that didn't happen this year matters..

Not the same teams...

This year,.,. they are 1-1

true

need to stop the run this time, no stupid penalties, for example  when chargers are   about to punt to give them an extra drive & eat clock, - injured Defense needs to step up

O -line must protect peyton esp up the middle pressure & run blockk as well as 

Must run for more than 18 yards like in last game

having welker back will help move chains, think had 3 straight 3 & outs last game , however hope welker stays healthy for his own sake

point as u say though this year is what matters and this year both games been close is what Mile High was really saaying

Its interesting that McCoy has shown aggressive tendencies with fake punts and other , so guess its fox making those conservative calls last year in playoffs , though this year Peyton has talked him or at least he agreed to go on 4th and short  more than once even on same drive

have a good one

You mean the Pats put on 41?.

Brady was 14-26 with 176 yards and 1 TD.

Every time you give the glory and undeserving praise to Brady in games like this, you are insulting and belittling other members and coaches of your own team.

Every time you give the glory and undeserving praise to Brady in games like this, you are insulting and belittling other members and coaches of your own team.

TEAM WIN OR TEAM LOSS --  a concept often forgotten not just by some forum members but many, not all  so called media analysts as well

^^^ This ^^^

I do want Denver to win because I'd rather play them than the Chargers in the AFC Title game IF we beat NE. Plus I want that silly "Eagles home opener opponent wins SB" nonsense to be put to rest.

i never heard of this law till e-mailed to me and just posted it as a new topic