Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Jaguars Game Day Thread

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Thank you for the Polian reference in the CFL, no one else has said that yet. Gives the CFL more credibility to me.
    • In summation:   So you were gone for 2 weeks, decided it was best to come back like the sky if falling because the Colts have coaches that are well sought after. Then want to play the victim and blame Luck because you were robbed by having most of your adult football life rooting for a team with great QB play.    Then tell all the Colts fans you are the only one with any passion and smarter than the rest of us, which we will see in about 6 months....     Well, those 2 weeks went by to fast. 
    • First off, I love you as a poster. You are probably top 3 on the forum.   Having said that. I see the writing on the wall. Just to get back to last years level at QB, it'll cost us a 1st round pick (minimum). I heard the Broncos have made two offers to the Lions, two 2nd round picks, and a 2nd this year and Drew Lock for Stafford. To beat that, it'll cost our 1st round pick minimum. After we do that, we have to sign FA's, re-sign our own, and do contract extensions. If you include the cap going down because of COVID, we won't have much money left. We have to fill LT. Coaches are gone. Don't forget we probably have one more draft with Dodds and Brown before they get GM jobs next year, and we may not have a 1st round pick to take advantage of that. Our drafting will be much worse without them. Once we have to pay the 2018 class, this team will have no cap space either. I don't see the 2021 season being a good one for the Colts unless we get Watson, and that isn't happening IMO. Stafford would have to be really good to get us beyond a one and done playoff appearance like this year.   I'm just looking long-term and don't see the positives. Best case scenario is we have a 5 year run with Stafford to try and win a SB, and unfortunately I don't know if that will get it done.
    • Er, what’s the problem with that?   I mean, I know very little about Milanovich.  So I won’t comment about him specifically.   But I wonder what Bills fans thought back in the early-80s when they hired a Director of Pro Personnel from the CFL and then elevated him to GM just a couple years later.  Of course, that guy’s now enshrined in Canton...his name is Bill Polian.   And I wonder what Oilers fans thought when they signed a QB who had spent 5 years playing in the CFL after being undrafted.  His name was Warren Moon and he also now sports a gold jacket.   Milanovich may or may not turn out to be a good hire.  But the fact that he comes from the CFL is no reason to think he won’t.
    • @Jared Cisneros, if we get Stafford we will be fine, probably as good as this past season at the QB position. Rivers played good at 39 but I think Stafford can match it at 33. We need to draft a LT and Edge Rusher and re-sign TY and Houston to 1 year deals roughly for 10 mill. We will be good. JT is a beast and our O.Line with Nelson, Kelly, and Smith is already great.
  • Members

• NFLfan

NFLfan 7,994

Moderators
    • Fluke_33

Fluke_33 2,387

• colts8718

colts8718 129

• w87r

w87r 4,117

Moderators
    • UKColt13