Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can't over look the Jaguars

Jules

We can be drunk on the Colts big win in KC for a few days but we cannot over look the Jags at home either next weekend for everyone who wants to move up in seedings.

1) They have been known to sneak by us at home before.

2) They are sneaky even if they are not very good.

3) The Colts have been known this year to beat teams nobody thinks they beat then lay an egg.

4) It's tough to sweep your division

5) Various things; injuries etc......

True, but if Balt. loses today(and it looks like thats probably going to happen) it don't really matter. I'm not positive, but if Balt. don't win out, we have no shot at the #2 seed.

Didn't think of that. So if Baltimore loses is there a shot the Jags game is pretty much irrelevant if Baltimore does lose to NE?

True, but if Balt. loses today(and it looks like thats probably going to happen) it don't really matter. I'm not positive, but if Balt. don't win out, we have no shot at the #2 seed.

not true. we win next week and the bengals and patriots lose. we get the second seed

Didn't think of that. So if Baltimore loses is there a shot the Jags game is pretty much irrelevant if Baltimore does lose to NE?

The jags game won't be irrelevant. It'll be momentum into the playoffs. Sweeping your division is a good feeling. Need all the momentum we can get if we wanna stay undefeated against the top teams. We're 4-0 (4-1 if you count Cincy as a top team).

not true. we win next week and the bengals and patriots lose. we get the second seed

Well, I did say I wasn't sure. I had heard that Balt. needs to win out for to have any shot at the #2 seed. If thats not true, then I guess we still have something to play for next week.

No,i don't think it does,it would be nice to the momentum going into the platoffs though

I agree. Momentum would be nice to have rolling into the playoffs.

Well, I did say I wasn't sure. I had heard that Balt. needs to win out for to have any shot at the #2 seed. If thats not true, then I guess we still have something to play for next week.

this is how it is right now the colts and bengals are 10-5. their ahead because they beat us. patriots if they win are 11-4. we win and bengals lose. we get the 3rd seed. add in a pats loss and we get the second because we have a better conferance record

I have said all year and I will say it until the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!  One game at a time.

TK mentioned the M word I always talk about...Momentum!  I mentioned all year THE DIVISION is NUMBER ONE!  Beat the Jaguars is number one right now.

I am with Jules......never overlook them and MJD...they have been a Colts NEMESIS for years and they gave Tennessee a battle....lets make a statement and beat them badly!!! :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltshorse:  :coltshorse:  :coltsfb:  :coltsfb:  :colts:  :colts: !!!!!!!

I agree. Momentum would be nice to have rolling into the playoffs.

NE and Cincinatti just needed to lose 1 game each and they both play the Ravens in the last 2 games. The other 2 teams they play were/are Minnesota and Buffalo. its not impossible to get the #2 with Baltimore dropping this game, just very unlikely Buffalo beats them.

Indy still needs to beat Jacksonville to have a chance at moving in to the 3 seed if Cincy loses to Balt next week though.

The Jags will always be bad until they get a QB. We still wanna win regardless if NE beats the Ravens, division games are always important. Momentum is huge in football it's one of the reasons Peyton loss so many one and dones because Polian always rested the players the last game. This regime is diffrent Grigson and Pagano won't let that happen the players will play well into the 4th.

Its a huge momentum game. Even with all the talk of the Colts not being very good the last half of the year, we still have a chance to finish the season 6-3 after our "peak" Denver game. It would be important for this team to win 3 in a row to end the year going into the postseason after encountering a major rough patch the last half of the season. Momentum is everything and if you look at all the playoff teams, we have a chance to be playing well going into the playoffs with a win next week, while everyone else is sputtering a bit. Not to mention we will get some guys healthy, although they probably shouldn't mess with the O-Line lineup from today. Looked pretty solid.