Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Solutions In Progress But Complex In Nature

grmasterb

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like he's seen the light.. every part of the team is a liability and a huge problem. none mentioned none forgotten. complex solutions in progress - as in fire caldwell and hire someone with actual football knowledge instead? it cant be that big of a problem.

I really hope Irsay was embarrassed by the product on the field last night. He should be. He stands to lose a lot of money if the changes that need to be made are not done soon. Personally, I think (no suprise here) that the entire coaching staff needs to be removed posthaste, and certain players need to be cut. Perhaps not now, since we will undoubtedly get a decent draft pick with our current group, but certainly after the last game, the proverbial axe needs to come down.

They are not going to fire Jim in the middle of the season. Nobody on staff is capable of stepping up and doing anything with this team.

Also, not everything is Caldwell's fault this season. The front office for years neglected the defense and offensive line and built this team around one person. They built a defense that is predicated on having the lead to produce. Our offensive line has usually been cast offs or UDFA because of how well Manning can diagnose a defense and get the right pass protection. To me as much as everyone wants to blame Caldwell and wants his head on a platter most of the blame should be at the feet of the Polian's. With that said given the past success of Polian we all know who will fall on the sword first.

Nothing is Caldwell's fault?? Are you kidding, with the amount of former Pro-Bowlers we have on this team, he should have had at least 1 win before now. I said it before, Caldwell is a nice guy, but this team is showing an unwillingness to play for him. So we fire him and we pull in an assistant, what is the worst case scenario?? We can't do worse than lose more. We need a change in philosophy. The Polian's aren't off the list either...they have crapped on their plate for two or three years. I give them a pass this year because I truly believe that Castanzo, Nevis, and Iljiana will become big factors. They did well this year, they just need to humble themselves and drop the dead weight...Hughes, Addai, Brown, etc.

Irsay, God love him, needs to cut out the crap on Twitter and focus on the reality of his franchise. If he doesn't we could be heading back to the not so distant past of sub-par to mediocre teams.

Irsay, God love him, needs to cut out the crap on Twitter and focus on the reality of his franchise. If he doesn't we could be heading back to the not so distant past of sub-par to mediocre teams.

Exactly!!!! Your team is awful and your holding contest and putting song lyrics on twitter. Focus more on the team and not twitter. Plus the last 3 ticket giveaways he did the answer he said were right were wrong!! He thought we played the saints in super bowl 45. I mean seriously Irsay lay off the twitter fix your team.

Exactly!!!! Your team is awful and your holding contest and putting song lyrics on twitter. Focus more on the team and not twitter. Plus the last 3 ticket giveaways he did the answer he said were right were wrong!! He thought we played the saints in super bowl 45. I mean seriously Irsay lay off the twitter fix your team.

Thank you. I have been saying that for weeks.

They are not going to fire Jim in the middle of the season. Nobody on staff is capable of stepping up and doing anything with this team.

I'm really not joking when I say that IMO Manning is the best option for interim head coach if we're looking internally.

You guys don't think Tressel wasn't breaking down film for the first 6 games.I bet he has a working knowledge of the whole roster and what he would or would not do.Fire Caldwell now and let's see what Tress can do the rest the season.Then he can hire his own coaches after the season.

I want to talk a little about expectations. I expect this team to compete every week! No, I don't expect us to be the same team as if 18 was under center, but I do expect us to compete! We arguably have our best d-line rotation and linebacker core in recent years. Our secondary is questionable to say the least, but full of young guys who I think will develop into quality players. We aren't lacking talent on this team, we are lacking coaching!

We have talent on both sides of the ball and are without leadership. We don't have a coaching staff. I expect more from this team! Plain and simple!! I don't blame the guys for giving up. Until coaching changes are made, things will remain the same. "Nothing changes if nothing changes" I hope Irsay is embarrassed..He ought to be. Now he has to step up and make those changes!!

Hello, Tressel,have you forgot

No, not really. Just don't have all that high an opinion of him.

Besides, he's been here all of one week? I'd rather go with the guy who knows the team in an interim role. Perhaps long term Tressel makes sense.

Sure, we need help on the defensive line, sweeping changes at DB, and continued progress in offensive line transition, but more than anything, we have to fire Caldwell and Coyer.

problems are coach that never should have been hired,nepotism and bad drafting in the front office,complete lackof talent on defense,letting all of our good defensive players walk to other teams,solutions are hiring a new coach,getting rid of the quitters on the team,and becoming active in free agency before our hallof fame QB calls it quits.

No, not really. Just don't have all that high an opinion of him.

Besides, he's been here all of one week? I'd rather go with the guy who knows the team in an interim role. Perhaps long term Tressel makes sense.

what is there not to like,google his record,he has been a big winner wherever he has ever been,who cares about the NCAA and their stupid rules.

what is there not to like,google his record,he has been a big winner wherever he has ever been,who cares about the NCAA and their stupid rules.

Heh, I assure you, the NCAA stuff doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'd have no qualms about outright paying players, but that's another discussion.

Admittidly, I don't know all that much about Tressell so I could completely be speaking out of ignorance on the subject. Take my opinion on that for what it's worth.

I will say, after Dungy left, there has been a very significant void in the area of sweater vests, which Tressell should be able to fill quite nicely.

:)

I would be curious to hear Peyton's view of the coaching staff, and the decisions they make. He has a front row seat to the games. I wonder if he is sitting there thinking "That was a good call." or if he is sitting there thinking "What are you doing calling that play?" I am just curious if he feels the same way about the coaches as we all do.

I would be curious to hear Peyton's view of the coaching staff, and the decisions they make. He has a front row seat to the games. I wonder if he is sitting there thinking "That was a good call." or if he is sitting there thinking "What are you doing calling that play?" I am just curious if he feels the same way about the coaches as we all do.

Did you see the look on his face after the game last night?I think that about said it all.

Also, not everything is Caldwell's fault this season. The front office for years neglected the defense and offensive line and built this team around one person. They built a defense that is predicated on having the lead to produce. Our offensive line has usually been cast offs or UDFA because of how well Manning can diagnose a defense and get the right pass protection. To me as much as everyone wants to blame Caldwell and wants his head on a platter most of the blame should be at the feet of the Polian's. With that said given the past success of Polian we all know who will fall on the sword first.

I don't think this defense can stop anyone with a lead or without. We have had the lead in several games this season and still blew it.

Just because he was a winner in college doesn't mean he is going to do well in the NFL. He is not the HC this team needs. Maybe a diff role but not head coach. He won 1 championship while there i believe. With Ohio state who gets a very good recruiting class every year.

Edited by GoldenDomer87

you know all this already

Why exactly do you think he should be our head coach? Because he won one national title 9 years ago? Ohio state gets great players in every year and he got one title? Then fired from Ohio state.

Why exactly do you think he should be our head coach? Because he won one national title 9 years ago? Ohio state gets great players in every year and he got one title? Then fired from Ohio state.

Who cares if he's any good? We just need him to occupy the sidelines till after the season and then they can get a real coach. The sooner they separate themselves from Caldwell, the better off this team is.

Who cares if he's any good? We just need him to occupy the sidelines till after the season and then they can get a real coach. The sooner they separate themselves from Caldwell, the better off this team is.

I agree 100% get rid of Caldwell ASAP. But tressel has been here like what a week? He doesn't know this team well enough to be interim hc.

I feel so bad for manning. Imagine what manning's career could of been if he had been in an organization like Pittsburgh or new England. He could of had many super bowls. We really let him down.

I dont feel sorry for manning but the way he was looking on the sideline he had to be thinking "man how can this team be so bad" the colts basically looked like a college team playing against a real nfl team.