Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

COLTS TALENT LEVEL

OLD FAN MAN

as a team are the colts playing under, over, or at their talent level? break it down by groups if you want to, example, rbs, lbs and etc.

rbs-under  -lbs-at   o-line-at          def line-under    cbs-under   receivers-under     tight ends- at   coaches- under      

QB-Luck-Under

LT-Castonzo-At

LG-Reitz-At

C-Satele-At

RG-Mcglynn-At

RT-Cherilus-At

WR Corp-Under

RB Corp-Under

DE-Redding-Under

NT-Franklin-At

DE-Francois -Under

OLB-Mathis-Under (He should be better against the run then he is, he is athletic enough, its a matter of play recognition and discipline)

ILB-Freeman-Under-I expect him to get better in coverage

ILB-Angerer-Under-Same as Freeman

OLB-Werner-Under

CB-Davis-Under

CB-Butler-Under

FS-Landry-Under

SS-Bethea-Way Under

At least three players not being good enough on Offense make the Unit underperform.

Considering depth in the rotation on D too, that number is maybe 5 or more who are hurting that Unit.

A Great reason to work in the recent add ons.

We are what we are. Holey & building.

5 or more new starters next year and several better backups Needed so everyone can execute the schemes better.

as a team are the colts playing under, over, or at their talent level? break it down by groups if you want to, example, rbs, lbs and etc.

How about looking at it this way and I am sorry I am using Denver as an example, I just know them better all around than any other team in the NFL not names Colts. Take Denver's entire offense man for man and compare it to Indy's offense. Do the Colts have one player that could crack that starting lineup at any position? I don't think they do and that should tell you all you need to know. Now, compare the coaching staffs. Would Denver trade any member of their coaching staff for a member of the Colt's staff? I don't think so. I am sure this same comparison can be made with other good teams too but this is the comparison I know pretty well.  :D

I can name several starters on Denver's defense that I wouldn't trade for. For all of their offensive prowess, their D has been mediocre at times...and might be their undoing in the playoffs, again.

That is why I only mentioned the offense. However, you could pick other good teams and compare the defenses. How well do the Colts defenders match up with Houston's defenders for instance? I guess Mathis might make any team but beyond that?  :D

Right now very little talent compared to any other team with a similar record but we play as a team and football is truly a team sport . We have that winners mentality though so we find ways to still win with Luck being that X factor IMO .  Also I credit coaching we play hard and seem to find ways late in games to pull it out sometimes against all odds .