Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cincinnatti wasn't really good either

oldunclemark

The most discouraging thing about Sunday's loss is that Cincy won easily and didn't play that well.

They scored one time on a phantom ref call and the Bengal offense was little better than average...

On 'D'? The coverage was soft at best and the Cincinnatti tackling was as bad as I've seen this year.

It reminded me of college football.

...and they won easily

I tend to agree, after watching Cincy complete passes for first downs on uncontested on third and long. Zero pressure on the QB and no coverage = first down every time, even when you aren't particularly playing good football.

I haven't looked, but the average QB rating against our defense has to be around 120 or better. We make even the most average offense look awesome.

I thought the same. They could have easily been beat. But here we are with the loss. Without Tripplet's horrible call, we would have only lost by 1 TD. Which would sit a little better with me, although it doesn't matter. We just need to put together points before the first half, badly.

You guys crack me up. Cincy is a young team full  of mistakes too. If we play 4 quarters, they cant hold our jockstrap.

I would love another shot at them in a few weeks. These wrs are gonna get a lot better in 4 to 5 weeks. Toler back in the secondary. Yeah. We never used the running game. Cincy will be 1 and done again this year.

You guys crack me up. Cincy is a young team full  of mistakes too. If we play 4 quarters, they cant hold our jockstrap.

I would love another shot at them in a few weeks. These wrs are gonna get a lot better in 4 to 5 weeks. Toler back in the secondary. Yeah. We never used the running game. Cincy will be 1 and done again this year.

You forgot to add: With a ref crew that doesn't include Jeff Triplette. He didn't cost us the game but he darn sure had a hand in it...I see us beating them IF Rogers can continue to develop, Toler comes back to lock down the other side, and the line plays like it did yesterday. (yes I said it, Luck had a lot more time to throw most of the day)

Why do you think our WRs will be a lot better in 5 weeks?

Just asking.

Why do you think our WRs will be a lot better in 5 weeks?

Just asking.

Rogers just got called up from PS so chemistry with Luck will improve.  He has been catching passes for 3 weeks with him now. LaVon is getting to play more now too. I expect DHB to get less reps with Rogers and LaVon showing they can CATCH a ball and have good yac #'s. Why wouldn't they get better with more playing time?    

You know, for all the negatives with coaches hanging on to a guy and giving him a full chance to improve himself, there are positives. When bring in FA, especially the high end ones, having a track record for giving a guy a full shot before pulling the plug has its merits. It also fosters the "we have your back once we have selected you" atmosphere. That can pay huge dividends as well.

The WR's will get better this season as it wears on. The line played batter. I thought the playcalling was better.

Rogers just got called up from PS so chemistry with Luck will improve.  He has been catching passes for 3 weeks with him now. LaVon is getting to play more now too. I expect DHB to get less reps with Rogers and LaVon showing they can CATCH a ball and have good yac #'s. Why wouldn't they get better with more playing time?    

Not everybody does...plus..we establish the run....FC.......That's what we do :thmup:

Sorry, but when a D gives up 0 fist half points, and their O puts up 42, it's really difficult to sell "Cincy wasn't really good".

YEa but without the refs gifting 7 points and av missing a field goal he usually makes it would have been a 34 to 31 game even though they out played us in every way. That proves if the colts can come to play they can beat the bengals.

Seriously...Fish..did you see what they called 'tackling'?

On Rogers 1st TD they hit him but he is BIG and was moving fast. I don`t downgrade the tackling for that play.

On Brazills 1st TD he made a GREAT cut, the 1st guy with a real shot at him hit him with his shoulder and on replay you could see his arm Went Dead, the next guy went for a strip, not the best play, but they were KILLING US.

The final score did not reflect the Beatdown we took.