Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rest?

Rebelknight

Do we rest players that need it and treat these next 3 games as preseason games? Let Luck and the starters play the first half to correct our first half woes and then 2nd half our 2nd stringers..

We wouldn't gain anything by being the 3rd seed..2nd seed we would but in the past that's not helped..Throw Nixon in there and perhaps we have a better Guard on our roster..

I don't think we should rest.  Our team is full of young guys, so I think we should get them as much playing experience as possible.  The last time I recall us resting was during our bye week this year when Pagano gave the team the week off.  The following week, the team came back and had a dud game where we barely won against the Texans.  I say play them

I'm never for resting guys who aren't injured.

But here's something I would be on board with:  Let's say we're getting blown out in KC, and there's bad weather.  How about putting MH in at QB and Holmes in at C?  At some point we need to see if the kid can play or if we need to go elsewhere.

Definitely keep working on the chemistry between Luck, Hilton, Brazill, Fleener, and Rogers. Obviously Hilton and Fleener are ahead of the other two WRs, but the whole group needs to be out there working. If Hilton is hurt, maybe consider resting him a bit though. 

After the way we played this weekends game in the second half it would certainly be nice to build off that offensive momentum.

If we can start the last games with that kind of offensive intensity and consistency and get out to a good lead, it may be worth resting a bit against the Jags - but it looks like we ill be playing KC in the playoffs. No sense in resting the starters when we could be getting a good feel for the KC offense and defense for future reference.

At this point - resting players would stifle our possibility of getting hot at the right time. All we need to do is build off of last game's sencond half performance. Carry that over and we are looking like Colts football offensively.