Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts (+3) @ Arizona

AllYouNeedIsLuck

Perfect line imo. Patrick Peterson is the worst possible matchup for TY Hilton. 2nd ranked run defense vs a Colts run game that can struggle. Likes to blitz at the interior linemen, where Indy's O line is weakest. Daryl Washington on Fleener is a hard matchup for Fleener.

Colts run defense hasnt been great, and Andre Ellington has been very good at running. Palmer has struggled through most of the season, but just had a career day and his first game without an INT against Jacksonville.

Also its in AZ, where the defense plays its best.

The only reason I can think of that the line isnt higher is that the Colts find ways to win close games and respect for Andrew Luck.

Do you agree with this line? Do you think the Cardinals should be favored? 

Yes, the Cards should be favored...I am surprised the spread is so low...one site has the expected score as 27-16 for the Cards.

I guess the pundits are expecting our 'new standard' Colts game...Pep tinkers with the run game, lots of 3-and-outs, Colts fall behind by 14 to 21, Colts scramble to get back in the game, Luck gets pummeled, Colts fall short.

Yes, the Cards should be favored...I am surprised the spread is so low...one site has the expected score as 27-16 for the Cards.

I guess the pundits are expecting our 'new standard' Colts game...Pep tinkers with the run game, lots of 3-and-outs, Colts fall behind by 14 to 21, Colts scramble to get back in the game, Luck gets pummeled, Colts fall short.

That's how we've played in every game besides the Broncos, Niners, and Seahawks games tbh. 

Perfect line imo. Patrick Peterson is the worst possible matchup for TY Hilton. 2nd ranked run defense vs a Colts run game that can struggle. Likes to blitz at the interior linemen, where Indy's O line is weakest. Daryl Washington on Fleener is a hard matchup for Fleener.

Colts run defense hasnt been great, and Andre Ellington has been very good at running. Palmer has struggled through most of the season, but just had a career day and his first game without an INT against Jacksonville.

Also its in AZ, where the defense plays its best.

The only reason I can think of that the line isnt higher is that the Colts find ways to win close games and respect for Andrew Luck.

trent gonna run for 100 tomorrow lol

Do you agree with this line? Do you think the Cardinals should be favored? 

I'm just amazed the odds makers are favoring INDY this week at all. At this point, I'm learning to thrive on the prospect of being under estimated. No squad ever wins a game on paper. 

To quote the author of my signature, "Every Battle Is Won Before It Is Ever Fought." –Sun Tzu  It's all about preparation & execution not what some 3 piece suit NFL pundit in a cushy studio thinks. 

I'm just amazed the odds makers are favoring INDY this week at all. At this point, I'm learning to thrive on the prospect of being under estimated. No squad ever wins a game on paper.

To quote the author of my signature, "Every Battle Is Won Before It Is Ever Fought." –Sun Tzu It's all about preparation & execution not what some 3 piece suit NFL pundit in a cushy studio thinks.

Indy (+3) @ AZ means the oddsmakers favor the Cardinals by 3 points. If it were -3 that would be favoring Indy. Homefield is also considered worth 3 points, so on a neutral field it would be a push.

Indy (+3) @ AZ means the oddsmakers favor the Cardinals by 3 points. If it were -3 that would be favoring Indy. Homefield is also considered worth 3 points, so on a neutral field it would be a push.

Okay, clearly I misread what Vegas believes. I guess I am no high roller either. Can you tell? haha  SW1 rolls "snake eyes." LOL! Thanks for the correction/clarification. 

stock-footage-dice-roll-x-snake-eyes.jpg

I still believe however that beating the Niners & Seahawks this year as favorites to play in the NFC Championship Game should count for something in INDY's favor personally. I capitulate nothing to AZ. 

"Hello, you play to win the game!" --Herm Edwards.

If a person believes that all hope is lost, then why the hades should we even play? I expect a good dogfight & we shall see what happens when the dust settles in the final 2 minutes. 

How bout some serious "pummeling" of Carson Palmer? Why are so many people convinced that our D & secondary can't tighten the screws on Palmer & make his life miserable tomorrow too? I am just dumbfounded with the notion that INDY can't get in Palmer's face & disrupt his throwing lanes. Carson runs like a turtle on crutches....

Carson can still chuck the ball yes, but if you hit a QB enough, their accuracy plummets eventually circa Tom Brady vs the NY Giants in the 2007 SB. 

"If it bleeds, we can kill it. --Arnold Schwarzenegger "The Predator" 

We've won the games as a dog, so I'm not complaining. But to answer the question, no it doesn't make sense.

The Cards have won three in a row against teams with a combined 5 wins. Those games pumped up their D stats.

Before that, they lost by more than ten points to two teams we beat.

Our slow starts and the Rams game scares Vegas, and I'm fine with it.