Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Re Superbowl or Bust Teams & Colts and Andrew Luck, a budding juggernaut

bayone

Second-half Storylines:

Super Bowl or bust; they're busting

The Texans and Falcons never tried to hide that they were aiming for a Lombardi and nothing short of it. That was the expectation and they are falling way short. They each have only two wins, and in a funk, and there are no easy fixes. It's not only about injuries, either. Both coaches are suddenly deep on the hot seat and major changes could be afoot. The Texans could be in the market for a quarterback as well, and all of a sudden a Falcons team long believing it was one player away look at 2014 and has needs at both tackle spots, running back, outside linebacker, defensive tackle, and possibly corner and tight end as well. Hmmm. And with the Colts and Andrew Luck perhaps a budding juggernaut, the Texans could be in a bind beyond just this season.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24156441/secondhalf-storylines-where-kcs-80-and-brady-struggles-what-gives

Guest TeamLoloJones

A budding jaugernaut is a good way to put it.

With Reggie down, I would hazard a guess that we are the youngest team in the league, relative to snaps played. And if not, we must be pretty close.

I don't know the numbers for sure.  I think the Rams are the youngest.  The biggest difference between our teams would be kickers. Their kicker is a young one, and ours is 57.

I don't know the numbers for sure.  I think the Rams are the youngest.  The biggest difference between our teams would be kickers. Their kicker is a young one, and ours is 57.

Yeah which is why I meant relative to snaps. Obviously Hasslebeck and Vinateri raise the average age significantly, but how many snaps do they play?

Take away Mathis and Redding and you have no one in their 30's who is a regular contributor. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

Yeah which is why I meant relative to snaps. Obviously Hasslebeck and Vinateri raise the average age significantly, but how many snaps do they play?

Take away Mathis and Redding and you have no one in their 30's who is a regular contributor. 

Yeah you are probably right...if there was some way to evaluate age vs. how much talent is actually on the field, I bet the Colts would have one of the best age/talent ratios in NFL history.  Seahawks would be up there too.

Just imagine next year! Get Allen ,Thomas and Ballard back. Sign either Brown or Bradshaw back. Maybe another key Olinemen or IlB. We are going to be a force for a few years to come. I think we can give them hell this year. But next year? SB baby!!

I think the Rams are youngest, Browns next, and it's totally a meaningless stat. Only the core players really count, especially your QB.

Youngest also means you'll have a bunch of players going for their second contract. And you can't keep all the good ones.

Grigs will have to make some serious decisions in the next couple years.