Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indy Star's Colts coverage

azcolt

I realize Colts football isn't the only sports news in Indy and also realize the Indy Star isn't the largest newspaper on the planet, but is it unreasonable to think they'd have at least a couple Colts stories each day during the season -- especially a mere five days after the huge Broncos win. And yet I looked this morning and there was zip.

I realize Colts football isn't the only sports news in Indy and also realize the Indy Star isn't the largest newspaper on the planet, but is it unreasonable to think they'd have at least a couple Colts stories each day during the season -- especially a mere five days after the huge Broncos win. And yet I looked this morning and there was zip.

They're excuse before was that Polian did not give them access. So they couldn't really get to real stories. But now that Polian is gone, the truth comes to the foreground; the Star is filled with lazy reporters. And is run by dishonest editors. Therefore they don't operate with any real standards, reserve of commonsense or insight. Most of their Colts pieces end up being nothing more than public domain, fluff-filled, word count, non-stories.

If you're looking for Colts information/insight, you're (we're) going to get more from this web forum (after weeding through the users who qualify as above) and http://sportspyder.com/teams/indianapolis-colts/news.

Nonsense.

The Star has 17 Sports writers. By far their biggest department. The thought that 1 article a day about a franchise that has had the success the Colts have had is laughable.

They're fat, lazy and incompetent.

What I meant by demanding wasn't on the staff, I'm talking about trying to come up with new material twice a day. Let's take this week for example, outside of the first couple of days, there's little to report on as there's nothing going on. We don't want our players harassed by reporters trying to come up with the slightest tid bit to try to spin an article on.

What I meant by demanding wasn't on the staff, I'm talking about trying to come up with new material twice a day. Let's take this week for example, outside of the first couple of days, there's little to report on as there's nothing going on. We don't want our players harassed by reporters trying to come up with the slightest tid bit to try to spin an article on.

I get what you're saying but you're uninformed. The bye isn't an excuse and they can do their job without "harassing" players and staff. It's called building relationships.

Firstly, if the Boston Globe can pump out piece after piece on the Patriots* on a daily basis in a city with a population smaller than Indianapolis', then the Star can as well.

Secondly, any reporter worth his or her salt has pieces/articles/blurbs in reserve for down times, bye weeks etc, etc.

In the off-season fine. But in the thick of the NFL season, there is NO excuse for their lack of coverage....much less insightful coverage.

The Star's staff is fat, lazy and incompetent.

I get what you're saying but you're uninformed. The bye isn't an excuse and they can do their job without "harassing" players and staff. It's called building relationships.

Firstly, if the Boston Globe can pump out piece after piece on the Patriots* on a daily basis in a city with a population smaller than Indianapolis', then the Star can as well.

Secondly, any reporter worth his or her salt has pieces/articles/blurbs in reserve for down times, bye weeks etc, etc.

In the off-season fine. But in the thick of the NFL season, there is NO excuse for their lack of coverage....much less insightful coverage.

Well the fat lazy writer by the name of Kravitz ( Indy Star ) is on TV every Monday talking exclusively about the Colts and he goes to all games even the away games. I think everyone is getting a little paranoid about not getting enough press.  Chill people it's a bye week and not really much to report when all the players are off this week.  Calling the writers fat and lazy will get you no where ask Polian. :funny:

Got any story ideas?

Well the fat lazy writer by the name of Kravitz ( Indy Star )

The Opinion writer/muckracker who provides little to no insight past what we here know ourselves?

I think everyone is getting a little paranoid...

I think it isn't important enough to rate a condition like paranoia. Probably more like an obvious situation that someone created a thread about.

Chill people it's a bye week and not really much to report when all the players are off this week.

It's a bye week?

...Calling the writers fat and lazy will get you no where ask Polian.

And apparently giving them access'll get you the same.

There has to be news to report news. With the whole team off for a week and Grigson not calling pressers to update the world on his replacement for Wayne there just isn't much to report.

They could do an expose on Andrews favorite color. Or an exclusive behind the scenes piece on Sateles athletes foot...

There has to be news to report news. With the whole team off for a week and Grigson not calling pressers to update the world on his replacement for Wayne there just isn't much to report.

Glad not everyone has this inferiority complex where everyone is out to get the Colts including the local newspaper.

There is nothing to report on with the bye week. They already covered the Wayne injury to death and there is just nothing to report.

Even some of the local radio was talking about it since callers were complaining they were talking about other things like the World Series and the Pacers.

We all know we are going to win the division, Wayne is hurt, and who has to play in his stead. We are not making a trade. So again there just is no news to talk about.