Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So With Joseph Addai A "long Shot" Against #1 Ranked Bengals Def...

ReMeDy

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

That means we have no run game (Carter is decent; Donald Brown does not count), a QB who needs a run game to get comfortable (no way can Painter survive throwing it every single play), a coach who lacks halftime adjustments, and we're going up against the 1st ranked YPG defense in the league.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

Andy Dalton may be a rookie, but he's shown competence. Let's remember the once presumed incompetent Matt Cassel went 21/29, 72.4%comp, 257yds, and a 138.9 QB rating against us. Dalton is also no stranger to tucking the ball and running with it himself - mobile QB's are the Colts Achilles Heel.

http://www.nfl.com/p...2506562/profile

Furthermore, the Colts are playing @ Cincinnati. If the Colts couldn't beat what was one of the worst teams in the league on their own turf (Kansas City) then I don't see how they're going to pull it out against Cincinnati, considering Painter's nerves, and all. Painter may have shown glimmers of talent his last game, but it doesn't change the fact he's inexperienced and lacks some semblance of confidence.

So yea, I don't see anyway we're going to win this, unless they get the ball to Garcon a lot and hope for more big plays. The good news is, as the devil's advocate, you can vent your frustrations on me for being pessimistic, so at least Colts fans can win on something :).

Edited by ReMeDy

a) Donald Brown does count. I'm hoping that the Colts give him a lot of screen passes to offset the pass rush. He could have a big day.

b)The Colts still have about the best pair of rushing DEs in the league, and Dalton has even less experience than Painter. You're comments go both ways, and I think it's more likely that Dalton throws multiple picks and looks like a rookie than it is that he methodically picks the Colts apart.

c)Cassell has been to the pro bowl. He is far from incompetent, and Painter played just as well - if not better - than HE did last week.

d)Painter - by all accounts - has tons of confidence. Even if he makes a bad play he comes right back with no after affects. Even getting sacked doesn't appear to weigh on him at all. If you are talking about him making stupid decisions when facing a serious pass rush, yes that has been a problem in the past. It appears that he is learning when to get rid of the ball and not force it into coverage. This will be an interesting test for sure.

All in all, while the prospect of the Colts oline facing a good defense isn't pleasant, I don't think that the Bengals are anything special. I'm optimistic that the Colts can win this (and other games going forward).

a) Donald Brown does count. I'm hoping that the Colts give him a lot of screen passes to offset the pass rush. He could have a big day.

Please tell me you did not just say Donald Brown will have a big game against a pass rush...If there is a pass rush with "I make Brown" in there, Painter will get destroyed and our offense won't have much time on the field.

Donald Brown does count. I'm hoping that the Colts give him a lot of screen passes to offset the pass rush. He could have a big day.

Please tell me you did not just say Donald Brown will have a big game against a pass rush...If there is a pass rush with "I make Brown" in there, Painter will get destroyed and our offense won't have much time on the field.

He did not say that, not even close. Did you forget your glasses?

Edited by ColtsLegacy

Are you not familiar with the concept of a running back slowing down a rusher, letting him slip past, and then getting a short pass flipped to him in prime position to run through the space vacated by the rusher? People do it against the Colts pretty regularly.

It doesn't require a running back who is terrific at blocking, nor does it require a running back skilled at running into the line. In fact, it requires a running back with precisely the skill set that Brown possesses. You're attempts at humor aside, my comment makes perfect sense.

b)The Colts still have about the best pair of rushing DEs in the league, and Dalton has even less experience than Painter. You're comments go both ways, and I think it's more likely that Dalton throws multiple picks and looks like a rookie than it is that he methodically picks the Colts apart.

c)Cassell has been to the pro bowl. He is far from incompetent, and Painter played just as well - if not better - than HE did last week.

d)Painter - by all accounts - has tons of confidence. Even if he makes a bad play he comes right back with no after affects. Even getting sacked doesn't appear to weigh on him at all. If you are talking about him making stupid decisions when facing a serious pass rush, yes that has been a problem in the past. It appears that he is learning when to get rid of the ball and not force it into coverage. This will be an interesting test for sure.

All in all, while the prospect of the Colts oline facing a good defense isn't pleasant, I don't think that the Bengals are anything special. I'm optimistic that the Colts can win this (and other games going forward).

Thats exactly what freeney said, the bengals defense dont do anything new their scheme and some of their players are the same team thats been 0-7 against the colts and manning.... if painter can get a groove going they can win the game... i mean come one.. their top receiver is a rookie and so is their QB lol... dalton hasnt seen any pass rush like the colts.

+1

Plus, we have DARREN EVANS!!!!!!