Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can we catch a ball?

trueblueblood

worst offence game so far nfl about passing then setup the run win you have leads . colts trying run first and nfl teams are seeing that so their rdy for it. in this game no passing  so you lose the game. this is not college pep Hamilton.

lol...the colts came out throwing the ball.  the power running game was still working, if anything I don't think they ran the ball enough.   And it's also not Pep's fault that nearly every receiver on the field dropped a pass in a crucial situation.  Hilton, Wayne, DHB and Richardson I believe all dropped passes on 3rd down that would have been conversions, or at least they'd have had a very good chance to make the conversion.  

How many of those drops came on third down?

2. Those killed us, just killed us. Fleener and DHB have me just sick. The loss of Allen has left a vacuum. 

Trent, huge fan of the acquisition. A great player that will grow with this franchise. But he made a few goofs too. The drop on what was a very good looking screen play late in the 4th and he missed a block (badly) that caused an incompletion on 3rd down as well. 

Oh ya...  DHB ..  how could I forget about him?

oh..  he rarely does anything..     ;)

At first, I and pretty much most people thought on the forum "Wow, he's like a better Donnie Avery."

Had a bad start, then had a good week in SF. Has pretty much proven now that he's useless, and that his most recents targets have ended up in drops. That drop today was his fault. Luck led him a bit too much, but that was definitely catchable. When I played in the CIS, if I dropped something like they would kill me. I hope they're doing the same for him on that.

My point, if he doesn't turn it around quickly, I would start considering putting Brazill over him. 

really no talk of how god awful Harvey is and how out of shape he looks to be playing LB? dude looks so lost out there. he couldnt stop the run or cover. why is he on this team ??? We're hurting if Freeman doesnt heal fast, Peyton will make Harvey look like more of a fool then he already is out there

I totally agree...   EVERYONE on the Cots on MNF were dropping balls and DHB gets his first BIG chance to make something happen and ...     Like Gruden said.. "woulda been nice to see DHB lay out for that ball" ...

DHB is a dud.      plain and simple..      Time to get Brazil in the game.    And START TY.

In what 6 games this season..  DHB has shown me NOTHING.     NOTHING>

L's tend to make things start happening...   Denver will be a very interesting game.

At first, I and pretty much most people thought on the forum "Wow, he's like a better Donnie Avery."

Had a bad start, then had a good week in SF. Has pretty much proven now that he's useless, and that his most recents targets have ended up in drops. That drop today was his fault. Luck led him a bit too much, but that was definitely catchable. When I played in the CIS, if I dropped something like they would kill me. I hope they're doing the same for him on that.

My point, if he doesn't turn it around quickly, I would start considering putting Brazill over him. 

Fleener is a average run of the mill TE which does not fit any team with a pro bowl QB. Fredrickson is yet to impress me but I'll hold off on judging. After Denver our schedule is fairly light provided the Texans continue to stumble. We have one with KC if they are for real and one with Cinncy.

really no talk of how god awful Harvey is and how out of shape he looks to be playing LB? dude looks so lost out there. he couldnt stop the run or cover. why is he on this team ??? We're hurting if Freeman doesnt heal fast, Peyton will make Harvey look like more of a fool then he already is out there

lol, I was wondering why we had a guard in at linebacker.

Fleener really has disappointed me. I've always defended him, but no more. It's put up or shut up.

Richardson, please catch the ball. Yes, even the nice soft floaters.

DHB... Why is he out there again?

It wasn't just Fleener or DHB..... Wayne and Hilton had drops too......

Fleener is a average run of the mill TE which does not fit any team with a pro bowl QB. Fredrickson is yet to impress me but I'll hold off on judging. After Denver our schedule is fairly light provided the Texans continue to stumble. We have one with KC if they are for real and one with Cinncy.

Let's not forget Tennessee, they are right behind us and ahead of the Texans. If they play like they did tonight (Colts) the Jags could even be a threat last game of the season.

We need to get a WR known for having good hands.  Someone who you can throw the ball to 100 times on 3rd down and he will maybe drop one of those catches.  

Reggie is usually pretty reliable with this but even he had a drop.  Fleener is just looking bad, he's got the athletic ability to play at this level but he seems to lack the concentration to haul it in at times.

Hilton is a burner and we need him to stretch the field.  But he's not a possession receiver.

I am right there with you on this..

I DO NOT GET WHAT THEY SEE IN THIS GUY?    Starting over TY is comical.

I don't know..  when the team wins..       the coach's do EVERYTHING right..    I bet a loss next week will get TY's boo boo on the field in front of Darius Dead Hands..

IMO  TY  should start Brazil backup time to develop him.D done solid job.Ol sucks,Satele on bench McGlynn at Center is much better ,for run as well as pass,and I cringe watching my QB getting the snot pounded outta him.The stubborn mentality of the staff has to go or this team will succumb to injury and mediocrity .Just saying :thmup: D.H.B is a bust and so is Satele

It wasn't just Fleener or DHB..... Wayne and Hilton had drops too......

You're right, it wasn't just Fleener or DHB that had drops. Wayne and Hilton had drops too. The difference is that they are not known for their drops, while Fleener is on his way to becoming known as butter fingers. DHB currently holds that title.

Wayne and Hilton played their way out of it and made plays last night. Fleener and DHB did not--they shrank when the stage got bigger.

You're right, it wasn't just Fleener or DHB that had drops. Wayne and Hilton had drops too. The difference is that they are not known for their drops, while Fleener is on his way to becoming known as butter fingers. DHB currently holds that title.

Wayne and Hilton played their way out of it and made plays last night. Fleener and DHB did not--they shrank when the stage got bigger.

How many drops has Fleener had in this regular season?

How many drops has Fleener had in this regular season?

I like Fleener. I'd like nothing more for him to become a stud, but he's gotta show more than he has.

I don't want to narrow his drops down to just this regular season. He's played in preseason games last year, a regular season last year, preseason this year, and the regular season this year. We've seen enough of him to have our doubts. In fact, he hasn't done enough to erase any doubt, but he certainly has done enough to cause more concern.

I worked at Stanford andwatched all of their games when Luck and Fleener played their. Trust me, there is not someone who wants Fleener to have more success than me, (possibly Luck and Fleener himself). But he has to show up when it counts.

Guest Jeremiah

6 drops tonight in crucial situations. Tired of luck doing it by himself. It's disgusting, really.

It's 1 game that our Colts had an issue with this, why are people acting like its been a problem?

Last nights game was aggravating and boring as sin but lets not overstate the drops.

Guest Jeremiah

DHB had 1 or 2 drops all season before last night, Fleener had some drops this season but also was money for 2 games as well. I wouldn't say either has butter fingers, Fleener is kind of a mixed bag but is greatly improved from last year.

DHB had 1 or 2 drops all season before last night, Fleener had some drops this season but also was money for 2 games as well. I wouldn't say either has butter fingers, Fleener is kind of a mixed bag but is greatly improved from last year.

I recognize that I'm being too harsh on DHB and Fleener. DHB had a drop, but it wasn't a perfect pass (last nights deep pass along the sideline). It was just out of reach so I understand that I may be too harsh here.

Fleener's drop was a tough one to get over. ESPN showed it over and over again as an explanation as to why the Colts lost. Of course, it was more than just Fleener's dropped pass as to why we lost.

Now, I do have to say that DHB had a horrible drop the previous game. Pep probably recognized that DHB hadn't been involved in the game plan and in order to get him going, decided to give him an easy catch on a WR screen. On that play, the ball hit him in the numbers and fell to the ground. If we can't get him going on a simple WR screen, then you can understand why as fans, we have concerns about DHB.

I like Fleener. I'd like nothing more for him to become a stud, but he's gotta show more than he has.

I don't want to narrow his drops down to just this regular season. He's played in preseason games last year, a regular season last year, preseason this year, and the regular season this year. We've seen enough of him to have our doubts. In fact, he hasn't done enough to erase any doubt, but he certainly has done enough to cause more concern.

I worked at Stanford andwatched all of their games when Luck and Fleener played their. Trust me, there is not someone who wants Fleener to have more success than me, (possibly Luck and Fleener himself). But he has to show up when it counts.

I realize that Fleener has played in 2 preseasons, one full regular season and 6 games so far this season.  However, a lot of players have issues their rookie years that they are quickly able to fix.  Rookie RB's tend to have issues with fumbles.  Rookie WRs and TEs can have issues with drops or getting both feet inbounds on the sideline.  The reason I asked how many he's had this season so far is because that would give an idea of how he's improved since last year.  I honestly cannot remember another flat out drop that Fleener has had in this regular season other than yesterday's game.  Can't remember if he had any drops in the Raiders game or not.

I also think his "drops" were blown out of proportion last year because Allen did not have the same issues.  Since Allen was able to go above and beyond expectations and not have typical rookie issues then he became the new standard that people felt that Fleener had to live up to, even though Fleener had a rookie year very similar to other all time greats.