Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ten things I know I think

Warhorse

1 - Somewhere in the depths of the archives is a thread where Grigson was seriously questioned for moving up to acquire TY Hilton.

2 - Did the Colts at the 4:00 (approx.) mark left in the fourth quarter choose to run the ball on 3rd and 5 with the game in the balance? Do we realize just how new, rare, and cool that is? And we freaking converted!

3 - Russell Wilson is an absolute stake in the heart of defenses when he breaks containment with the intent to run. He has serious vision when he is in the open field.

4 - Robert Mathis gets pressure no matter who he is in tandem with.

5 - Reggie can get free and make plays on any corner in this league.

6 - Howell is a nice find. Thank you Ryan.

7 - All I can do when I think of the Pep dissing is shake my head. He deserves same major credit for the two games he has called against the two preseason NFC faves. He is calling big boy football games.

8 - Seahawks got 3-4 bad calls (no, that was not a TD), and the Colts had a bad call and a couple of questionable non calls. We won the reffing mistake derby, but it was plays being made by the Colts in the second half that won the game.

9 - I love Cory Redding

10 - You should NEVER throw across your body as a QB, unless....

the game is on the line

you're in the redzone

you're facing the most dangerous D in the league

and your name is Andrew Luck

Lol.

Guest TeamLoloJones

8.  No Seahawks fan or Pete Caroll for that matter ever get to complain about the officials after the Fail Mary.  Ever. Period. 

1.  Howell is a HUGE find.  He's this year's Freeman (who needs some love too that open field tackle on Wilson that made the Seahawks punt and let us milk the clock was HUGE). He needs to have a spot on this team for years to come.  With him playing as well as he is if Landry keeps having injury issues I wonder if the Colts will try to get out of that contract after next year. 

2.  I didn't mind the throw across his body because of the situation.  It was a two point try so even if the Seahawks pick it off it's just no good and there is no point to not throwing it there because there was no "next" play.  The one thing I always get confused on is that either in the NFL or college you can return a two point or extra point for two points.  I think that's college and in the NFL it's just a dead ball.  If that's the case then there was really no reason not to try it. 

3.  The Seahawks completely miss managed their timeouts in the second half and it came back to bight them huge at the end of the game. 

4.  Today was not DHB's best day as a Colt.  First time his drops have really been an issue since he came here. 

5.  I am so glad we are DONE seeing running QBs for the near future.  Honestly I think Werner being out hurt us today because I think he was the Kaep spy in the 49er's game when we did so well shutting him down.

6.  Fleener had another solid day.  Not a great day number wise but he was still our third leading receiver and has really helped minimize the loss the Allen.

7.  Today proved once again if you let a team hang around and hang around when you should be putting them away it WILL comeback to bite you.

8.  We picked the right QB in last year's draft.  He's now 3-1 against the other QBs teams despite having the worst team when he was drafted and is one away from really getting the complete set and he'll get the shot at him next year in LOS. 

9.  Special Teams was a push even with the blocked field goal for a TD.  They gave up a blocked punt and McAfee shanked another one.   Then when you are pleading with your return man to take a knee on kickoffs or for the other teams kicker to put it out of the back of the endzone that's not a good sign.  McAfee's kick offs were good but we also had the beyond dumb flag on Brown that gave the ball to the Seahawks on the 35 because he couldn't keep his cool.  Adam was money though. 

10.  Today was the Colts coming out party to the world.  They are no longer the cute feel good story of a team that won 11 games last year playing for their Head Coach with cancer.  Today showed they are a legit contender.  With the Pats going down today and I think a lot of people flat out not buying the Chiefs even at 5-0 (I buy them as a playoff team but Denver will win that division) and the Colts Broncos match up coming up in two weeks don't be shocked to see the Colts being billed as the second best team in the AFC right now. 

I'd add - We can run the ball when we're in a spread.  Butler is getting better.  He's still getting picked on but the way he's playing, they won't always be targeting him.  Howell is a great find but I want Landry back when he's healthy.

1. I know is that when healthy we have an amazing group of corners and safeties.

2. T.Y. Hilton is Reggie Wayne's heir apparent.

3. If the o-line would open up holes Richardson can, and will run wild.

4. Satele needs to be relegated to backup.

5. Andrew Luck is the new comeback kid.

6. Reggie Wayne is a hall of famer.

7. Heyward-bey is as advertised, and has issues catching... or hanging on to the football.

8. Robert Mathis can, and will get to anybody with reckless abandon.

9. Freeman is good, eh?

10. Our Colts a very real threat this year... and on into the future.

8.  No Seahawks fan or Pete Caroll for that matter ever get to complain about the officials after the Fail Mary.  Ever. Period. 

Is it me or does it seem like everytime they showed Caroll he was chewing his gum like he was mad at it?

I may not have 10 but here are my thoughts:

1. Resolve is now spelled COLTS

2. We came, we saw and conqured the juggernauts of the NFC/NFC West

3. Irsay was right once again by keeping Mathis and not Freeney(even though I still love Freeney)

4. When we finally get healthy we will be scary good

5. We may not be the most talented group, but we have the team with the most heart hands down.

6. Our secondary even banged up is still heads and shoulders above 90% of the league.

7. It feels awesome to be a colts fan tonight.

1. Howell is a HUGE find. He's this year's Freeman (who needs some love too that open field tackle on Wilson that made the Seahawks punt and let us milk the clock was HUGE). He needs to have a spot on this team for years to come. With him playing as well as he is if Landry keeps having injury issues I wonder if the Colts will try to get out of that contract after next year.

2. I didn't mind the throw across his body because of the situation. It was a two point try so even if the Seahawks pick it off it's just no good and there is no point to not throwing it there because there was no "next" play. The one thing I always get confused on is that either in the NFL or college you can return a two point or extra point for two points. I think that's college and in the NFL it's just a dead ball. If that's the case then there was really no reason not to try it.

3. The Seahawks completely miss managed their timeouts in the second half and it came back to bight them huge at the end of the game.

4. Today was not DHB's best day as a Colt. First time his drops have really been an issue since he came here.

5. I am so glad we are DONE seeing running QBs for the near future. Honestly I think Werner being out hurt us today because I think he was the Kaep spy in the 49er's game when we did so well shutting him down.

6. Fleener had another solid day. Not a great day number wise but he was still our third leading receiver and has really helped minimize the loss the Allen.

7. Today proved once again if you let a team hang around and hang around when you should be putting them away it WILL comeback to bite you.

8. We picked the right QB in last year's draft. He's now 3-1 against the other QBs teams despite having the worst team when he was drafted and is one away from really getting the complete set and he'll get the shot at him next year in LOS.

9. Special Teams was a push even with the blocked field goal for a TD. They gave up a blocked punt and McAfee shanked another one. Then when you are pleading with your return man to take a knee on kickoffs or for the other teams kicker to put it out of the back of the endzone that's not a good sign. McAfee's kick offs were good but we also had the beyond dumb flag on Brown that gave the ball to the Seahawks on the 35 because he couldn't keep his cool. Adam was money though.

10. Today was the Colts coming out party to the world. They are no longer the cute feel good story of a team that won 11 games last year playing for their Head Coach with cancer. Today showed they are a legit contender. With the Pats going down today and I think a lot of people flat out not buying the Chiefs even at 5-0 (I buy them as a playoff team but Denver will win that division) and the Colts Broncos match up coming up in two weeks don't be shocked to see the Colts being billed as the second best team in the AFC right now.

Oh I wouldnt go.as far as saying the will be billed the 2nd best team in the AFC. Im sure the Pats will still be put above us and KC will probably still be put ahead of us too. We mighet get 4th or 5th. Remember the media and the experts dont like us and will do everything they can to not give us credit find things to pick at with us to say were not a great team yet make excuses for other teams. I would expect us to be tabed in the top 2 or 3 at all. Not by the media or so called experts at least.

Oh I wouldnt go.as far as saying the will be billed the 2nd best team in the AFC. Im sure the Pats will still be put above us and KC will probably still be put ahead of us too. We mighet get 4th or 5th. Remember the media and the experts dont like us and will do everything they can to not give us credit find things to pick at with us to say were not a great team yet make excuses for other teams. I would expect us to be tabed in the top 2 or 3 at all. Not by the media or so called experts at least.

What does the NFL love to do?  Over hype a match up.  What's the one way you can over hype Peyton vs. his old team in the house he built?  Make it a battle of the top two teams in the AFC. 

Also the Pats are coming off just a horrific game on offense and have yet to look extremely impressive this season and the Colts are coming off a huge win over a team that many thought was the best or second best team in the league and their second win in three weeks over a top team in the NFL.  People are going to be high on the Colts at least for now and rightfully so. 

What does the NFL love to do? Over hype a match up. What's the one way you can over hype Peyton vs. his old team in the house he built? Make it a battle of the top two teams in the AFC.

Also the Pats are coming off just a horrific game on offense and have yet to look extremely impressive this season and the Colts are coming off a huge win over a team that many thought was the best or second best team in the league and their second win in three weeks over a top team in the NFL. People are going to be high on the Colts at least for now and rightfully so.

I would love to think that will happen but highly doubt it. We will always fly under the radar and just be that un noticed team that continues to win. Which is fine because as long as we win thats all that matters. We are definatley not gonna be a hot topic. We may get a mention here and there but it will be minimal. The Pats, Broncos, Saints who do look very good and Seattle even though we beat them will be the hot topics.

I always like these threads.

11. We are imposing our will on teams.

Fantasy experts told me not to start Hilton because of Seattles DB play so I left him on the bench..Aaarrrggghhh......we threw the ball on a team that we weren't supposed to throw on. With San Fran, we ran on a team that we weren't supposed to run on.

12. Luck likes 2 minute drills like I like cookies. He must dream about it....like I do cookies.

13. "We shall overcome" should be our 2nd motto after "build the monster". After losing our starting LG, RB and TE, we beat 2 Super Bowl contenders.

What's dominating my thoughts this hour?

1) How much better would we be if we had Dwayne Allen back?

1b) How much better would we be if we had Ahmad Bradshaw and Vick Ballard back?

1c) How much better would we be if we had Laron Landry back? 

Allen and Ballard won't be back this year, so sad  :censored2:

However, Landry and (hopefully) Bradshaw will be back. Landry is absolutely key. His presence would certainly have a Bob Sanders affect on the run defense.