Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BIG shout out to the COACHING STAFF across the board!

bluephantom87

Let me start off by saying I was a little suspect on the schemes and lack of aggression ESPECIALLY on defense but I must say JOB WELL DONE for the Niners game. The team was definitely motivated and well prepared on ALL levels. The defense looked aggressive stopping drives and forcing PUNTS. Excellent call to start Howell over Lefeged or Brown. (almost forgot Landry was out) Even though it was due to injury the shuffling of the o-line (personnel to position) paid dividends because that's the best they've looked as a UNIT in a few seasons. The GROUND and POUND will take some time for me to get used to but I must say it brought a SMILE to my face to see the Colts dominate that Niner defense with punishing runs. (on the road at that) The bootleg by Luck for the td was genius because NO ONE was expecting it. Pep must feel like a mad scientist having the option to be able to spread defenses out with the passing game (Luck, Reggie, TY, DHB, Fleener, Whalen and a returning Brazill) or punish with the duel threat running game featuring Bradshaw and Richardson. Even Brown had a couple of nice runs. All this WITHOUT Allen, Ballard or Thomas.... SCARY!! Yes Colt fans the MONSTER is being built right before our eyes!  :clap:   P.S  Pat Mac is a secret weapon.

Let me start off by saying I was a little suspect on the schemes and lack of aggression ESPECIALLY on defense but I must say JOB WELL DONE for the Niners game. The team was definitely motivated and well prepared on ALL levels. The defense looked aggressive stopping drives and forcing PUNTS. Excellent call to start Howell over Lefeged or Brown. (almost forgot Landry was out) Even though it was due to injury the shuffling of the o-line (personnel to position) paid dividends because that's the best they've looked as a UNIT in a few seasons. The GROUND and POUND will take some time for me to get used to but I must say it brought a SMILE to my face to see the Colts dominate that Niner defense with punishing runs. (on the road at that) The bootleg by Luck for the td was genius because NO ONE was expecting it. Pep must feel like a mad scientist having the option to be able to spread defenses out with the passing game (Luck, Reggie, TY, DHB, Fleener, Whalen and a returning Brazill) or punish with the duel threat running game featuring Bradshaw and Richardson. Even Brown had a couple of nice runs. All this WITHOUT Allen, Ballard or Thomas.... SCARY!! Yes Colt fans the MONSTER is being built right before our eyes!  :clap:   P.S  Pat Mac is a secret weapon.

That was great football. It reminded me of the Jets a few seasons ago. Pound the ball, it works. We proved yesterday that we can win without throwing 45 times and praying for a miracle. I loved it

I was going to start a similar thread. What impressed me was the discipline and the no panic execution all day. They looked like they have been together much longer than they have and that goes to the coaching staff. Here in Houston the fans are again looking at their team that cannot seem to maintain a scheme win or lose. It was excellent how the secondary stuck like glue to the SF receivers. The pace was steady and confidant for four quarters and when a team can accomplish that, that fills the gap for what may be missing talent wise. From the Miami game to this game is the accomplishment any organization hopes for. There are sixteen steps on this staircase with thirteen remaining before the playoffs. The 49ers game was encouraging and increase confidence in many of us in this very young "TEAM".

Loved the aggressive defense.  I'm sure it was because the 49ers receiving core is decimated by injuries, but I hope Manusky sees how successful being aggressive was and sticks with it.  That's the type of defense I expected to see and I want to see continue.  It will mean more big plays given up but I don't care when it also means more 3 and outs and more turnovers.

Have to give it to the coaching staff. the team showed great discipline, great game plan and execution of that gameplan, the team was fired up and came ready to play. Choose the right players to play due to injuries (Mcglynn,Link and Howell) and most of all made the right adjustments as the game progressed. In the past two weeks I had started to question our coaching staff, especially making in game adjustments, I had no doubt that Pagono was good at motivating the team, but I had my doubts about in game adjustments. Sundays game was one of the most prepared, motivated and executed gameplans I have seen from a Colts team. Great jod coaching staff.

And let's not forget....

That we had two weird threads last week....

One that said we should fire Pep right now!

And the other that said we got rid of the wrong coach.   We should've fired Pagano and kept Arians.

I know it's supposed to be fun being a fan.....   but it's not supposed to be insane!!

Hey,   just sayin.....

Around the football world analysts are starting to take notice also. Even Rodney Harrison said he never thought he would see a Colt defense be PHYSICAL and aggressive against a dominate team. He said that came directly from coaching because the Colts now have that punch you in the mouth mentality on BOTH sides of the ball and he loves it. :heh:

And let's not forget....

That we had two weird threads last week....

One that said we should fire Pep right now!

And the other that said we got rid of the wrong coach.   We should've fired Pagano and kept Arians.

I know it's supposed to be fun being a fan.....   but it's not supposed to be insane!!

Hey,   just sayin.....

And we'll have more of those as the season goes on. Just try to grin and bear it. I'm still laughing about the guy who started a thread after one quarter of our first preseason game. It was something like Can't run the ball or stop the run! Some posters are impatient, some are clueless.

But it does make it fun!