Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

To Those That Say A Running Game Doesn't Matter In The NFL Anymore....

presto123

It flat out won the game for us. Chewed up the clock and kept Kaep on the bench. Maybe we should be more than a passing team. I think I could live with Luck having less spectacular stats if it leads to more W's. This is fun isn't it!!! :D  :applause:  :clap:  :rock:  :disco:  :number1:  :td:

Some people just don't get that we'll always be a passing team.  Passing teams win in the NFL.  Not defense, not power running.  Passing the ball.

But to be an effective passing team you really need a running game that the D's will respect.  As soon as Luck sees 8 in the box (or more), it's a gift.  

The more we run the ball, the better we'll be at passing it.  Pretty simple formula.  You only need a superstar QB, a couple great RBs, three or four great receivers, and an adequate line.  I don't know why every team doesn't do it?

It flat out won the game for us. Chewed up the clock and kept Kaep on the bench. Maybe we should be more than a passing team. I think I could live with Luck having less spectacular stats if it leads to more W's. This is fun isn't it!!! :D  :applause:  :clap:  :rock:  :disco:  :number1:  :td:

It was fun to watch & it only points out Ryan Grigson is building a Colts team that is full of winners on both sides of the ball . The D looked pretty good today as well ..

I'm loving the team they're building.  Put that type of effective power running with a QB like Luck and all the weapons we have and this offense could be something really special.  We already know they can win shootouts, but they also just proved they can smack one of the best defenses in the league right in the mouth and run the ball right down their throats, and that was with Richardson barely knowing the offense.  How are teams going to gameplan against that? lol

The only aspect of our team that i wasn't impressed with was our run defense. But luckily, their O-coordinator is a dumb ***.

The 49ers had @116 yards rushing this game, and over half came on one series.  Yes, would like to see less than 100, but can't complain.