Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Power run

jbaron04

Except Bradshaw was the effective Back tonight... next week it might be Trent, who knows?

Right.  Got to give Trent a little time to learn the O, learn the line tendencies, etc.  Plus, he hasn't had much sleep in the last few days.

Bradshaw was awesome today.  Trent has his work cut out to match that performance.

If this is what the power run is I think I like it pound the rock and pass in short situations etc....play def I have to admit when the power run game works it looks nice ...

Oh yeah, it's gonna work now, the pieces are coming together. That "physical" 49er D was worn down in the 4th quarter. They were grabbing and just trying to hang on. Most confident I've a Colts team in a long time.

This offense is pretty dynamic, on the first drive we saw them just march down the field primarily with passes, then we see the smash mouth running game that they want to utilize.  They can do everything, they can smash mouth run, run with fineness on the outsides with Brown, scramble with Luck, and unleash an aerial attack at any time. 

First of all....I can't overlook the defense's tough hard hitting performance and how they tightened up after the 49er TD.

But if today's example of physically punishing the 49ers with the run game carries forward to the rest of our schedule....its only reasonable to expect the passing game to benefit. And probably in a huge way.

I'm just glad that it appears the phrase "Colts rushing attack" will no longer result in gut-splitting laughter from opposing defenses.

I am loving how that One-Two Punch of Bradshaw and TRich looks in action. 

Plus we can finally use Donald Brown in a way that compliments his skillset (a fast/change of pace guy, not an every down back).

If we can keep this going we can take it to any team in the league. 

"What's that Richard Sherman?  Gonna blanket Reggie all game?  That's cool, we'll just bust 200 rushing yards up in ya."

The beauty is, this offense travels well. It's much easier to win on the road and in the playoffs if you can power run and play ball control like we did today. I hated facing that formula when the Pats ran it early on against Manning because of how frustrating it was to see our offense stuck on the sidelines, but it's mighty fine to be on the other side of that equation. Especially when you can still pass to win if necessary.

I've always liked Bradshaw. He just knows how to pound it through the defenders and get extra yardage. Hell, even Donald Brown had a monster couple plays. Richardson should be decent but I don't think he will be on Bradshaw's level. The only thing going for him is that Bradshaw is injury prone.

What's really scary.  Bradshaw was out the entire preseason, he's just now getting his legs under him.  Trent can and will only get better.  Brown will excel in a change of pace back.  You put that together and stir it all up.  This might be very interesting.

If this is what the power run is I think I like it pound the rock and pass in short situations etc....play def I have to admit when the power run game works it looks nice ...

It seemed like the pass opened opened up the run through out the game. Many of Bradshaw's long runs were draws or formations with a pass threat. We even saw some some spread offense that was successful. This is the way I'd like to see the Power Run offense to be implemented from now on. It won't work every single time but I think it gives the Colts the best chance.