Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mario Williams Could Be Lost For The Year

GoColts8818

Usually this would be great for us, but now i could care less unless Painter and co. get it together and start getting on a hot streak and finish 11-5 with Painter playing almost Manning-esque.

he actually resembled Peyton in certain spots today. I can see Painter helping us win a game or two because he is still in learning stages.

But, are you talking playoffs? playoffs? lol Don't talk about playoffs.

The Houston Texans suffered two serious losses in their 25-20 loss to Oakland, including the possible season-ending loss of star outside linebacker Mario Williams because of a torn pectoral muscle.

Like Williams, fullback James Casey left the game with a torn pectoral. The Texans hope MRIs won't show they need surgery, which would cost both the rest of the season.

Williams' injury is believed to be the most serious. He was hurt when he reached out to sack quarterback Jason Campbell. Williams left the field after his fifth sack in five games and didn’t return. His loss would be a major blow to Wade Phillips' 3-4 defense, which has been built on Williams' ability to rush the passer.

Brooks Reed, a second-round pick who played well in preseason, will replace Williams. Against the Raiders, Reed had four tackles and two hits on the quarterback.

Casey, who was the third-team tight end during his first two seasons, had been excellent as the replacement for departed fullback Vonta Leach.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-10-09/houston-texans-team-report-mario-williams-could-be-lost-for-season?utm_source=bleacherreport.com&utm_medium=referral

An injured Andre and no Mario? Thank you and good night.

The rest of the AFC South is terrible enough that they can still win it, but they'll be one and done in the playoffs. I was actually hoping to see the Texans play the Patriots since I think with that passing O and pass rush they'd decimate them. Not so much anymore. :(

Oh well, here's hoping they play the Ravens. xD

Edited by Moose Of Woe

The Titans

quoted for truth.

titans might be in it down the stretch, although they didn't look so hot against pitt.

The Titans are, realistically, the only team that might eek them out. We'll be lucky to win two games this season - and the Jags are so bad that both wins might be against them! :yuk: KC and the Bengals were the only other teams I predicted (and still do) the Colts have an ok shot at.

KC didn't happen, and the Bengals have a... ... ... defense? WHAT? So that's looking less likely.

Edited by Moose Of Woe

The Titans

The Titans are, realistically, the only team that might eek them out. We'll be lucky to win two games this season - and the Jags are so bad that both wins might be against them! :yuk: KC and the Bengals were the only other teams I predicted (and still do) the Colts have an ok shot at.

KC didn't happen, and the Bengals have a... ... ... defense? WHAT? So that's looking less likely.

how many yards for a.j. green?

he's looking like the real deal so far.

Don't like to see guys get hurt unless it's Vick or Asante Samuel. Enormous loss for Houston.

I'd add Cortland Finnegan to that short list.

Perhaps, are there any FAs that are available they could pick up to replace Williams? I ask because, perhaps we make a phone call to them and see what kind of pick they'd be willing to give us for Hughes (or *gasp* Mathis) who, while never actually having played a 3-4 OLB, this was considered his best projected position coming out of college due to the lack of size to play DE. Don't get me wrong, I'm not on the "hughes sucks" bandwagon (and I love Mathis), but the fact remains that with the Brayton and Anderson playing on run downs we don't really need both. Long shot, I know and with Mathis it would have to be a really good offer but losing Williams was a huge blow and this was the first year where they may have legitimately had a shot (since the Colts aren't relevant this year) so they may give up more than they otherwise would out of desperation. Just a thought. I'd be willing to at least entertain the offer if they were to make one.

Edited by Jason