Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (- 5 1/2) @ NYG (9-15-13) Game Thread

oldunclemark

over-under  - 55

Basically, Denver by a TD..tough to call

Not exactly a musty-win for the Giants because its not an NFC game but they could fall 2 games behind Dallas

Its hard to see either side stopping the other for very long...Giants aren't 100% and Von Miller still out for Denver

Big Brandon Jacobs will add some sort yardage juice for the NYGs..

Eli and Peyton both 27 of 42 last week.

Big showcase game...Would it surprise anyone if both sides scored 4 TDs..?

The 'over' seems obvious here..

I like Denver to cover. Giants offense looked very out of sync and without a running game that team can't be one dimensional and beat top tier teams. I would worry if I was Peyton about their pass rush. We've seen what it can do to Brady and we saw that the Ravens were able to get some pops on him last week...but I think they just have too much O to stop. Turnovers are so crucial. NY won't play like they did against Dallas and yet I just don't think they will put it in the end zone enough. Field goals to TDs...Manning wins.  ; )

Still cant Practice

• not participating were corner back Champ Bailey and  MIKE linebacker & Captain  Wesley Woodyard.  
  •  
  • (( and Woodward needed to cover receivers and tackle both, but his coverage skills are excellent and he was hurt on that stupid play when Danny T dropped ball before end zone and STockley rolled him up as both went for the ball in end zone before it went thee it 

Back up  Paris Lenon  was so bad they and Raven's threw on him so easily & scored Broncos had Woodward return and switch to zone coverage for games end

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24070670/champ-bailey-wesley-woodyard-remain-out-action-at

If Champ cant go by Thursday, he cant play against those Giants' receivers

..and I'm doubting Woodward too after seeing what happened to him..

This game will be a track meet......Giants have defensive injuries, too..

The only bet I'm sure of is that, in good weather,  both teams will score 30 or more

...at 55..(maybe 28-27) the over-under seems low

Final Broncos-Giants Injury Report

No Champ out ,

backup Bolden Questionable

Wooiidood , welker , holiday,   all somewhat hurt but probable with 1 day of full practice

Decker Probable with 2 days full practice

A look at the game statuses for the Broncos and Giants. SEE LINK for good chart 

DENVER BRONCOS

PLAYER
CB Champ Bailey                           
LB Wesley Woodyard                  
RB C.J. Anderson                   
Omar Bolden                                 
WR Eric Decker
WR Trindon Holliday
Chris Kuper
WR Wes Welker
DE Robert Ayers 
Ryan Clady
Duke Ihenach

NEW YORK GIANTS

PLAYER
CB Prince Amukamara   questionable
T David Diehl                        out
TE Adrien Robinson              out
C David Baas                  probable
DE Damontre Moore     questionable
RB Da'Rel Scott                  probable
S Antrel Rolle                      questionable

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Final-Broncos-Giants-Injury-Report/4b1c9b3d-7486-4fca-85da-4862c103400a

I really think Denver blows them out. Eli can't throw three picks and I don't trust that he won't. Don't trust the Giants D either. Denver's D will have issues with Cruz but in the end they won't stay with the Denver O.

If Champ cant go by Thursday, he cant play against those Giants' receivers

..and I'm doubting Woodward too after seeing what happened to him..

This game will be a track meet......Giants have defensive injuries, too..

The only bet I'm sure of is that, in good weather,  both teams will score 30 or more

...at 55..(maybe 28-27) the over-under seems low

Oh yeah, I am thinking Broncos 41 Giants 31, Broncos should cover

Lots of injuries on defense for both sides.

If it doenst rain like it did Thursday in Boston......there no way to stop the TDs from raining down

Playing Devils advocate

Giants have possibly best receivers behind broncos, 3 had over 100 yards Vs Dallas and in targeting those 3 Eli went QB rating 150

sorry i no longer have that articles link

and their D which seemed to be without prince and Role earlier now looks like both could play

& what are the odds of  6 turnovers again

will be some game for sure,  a must watch after collts

=========

Alot of experts picks are mixed pending where u look, m,any have be  Giants winning ouright and list game at broncos - 4.5 not 5.5

think ESPN & CBS have most broncos favorites, other sites way more even

Playing Devils advocate

Giants have possibly best receivers behind broncos, 3 had over 100 yards Vs Dallas and in targeting those 3 Eli went QB rating 150

sorry i no longer have that articles link

and their D which seemed to be without prince and Role earlier now looks like both could play

& what are the odds of  6 turnovers again

will be some game for sure,  a must watch after collts

=========

Alot of experts picks are mixed pending where u look, m,any have be  Giants winning ouright and list game at broncos - 4.5 not 5.5

think ESPN & CBS have most broncos favorites, other sites way more even

I suppose the Giants always surprise when you think they have no chance. Eli can't start slow with three picks again. Not sure if he will be able to do that but the Denver D is hurting and the Gints are at home. Still, don't think Eli will stay with Peyton.

I suppose the Giants always surprise when you think they have no chance. Eli can't start slow with three picks again. Not sure if he will be able to do that but the Denver D is hurting and the Gints are at home. Still, don't think Eli will stay with Peyton.

'if at Denver would feel better , esp same with Welkers ankle and Deckers shoulder still bothering them 

If Denver O line holds Peyton will score

Big ? is Denver DBs 

as noted elswhere

am way behind , had no power till this am , Been at hotel with limited use of their computer for non football priorities  last few days  , i only have a desktop at home  , 

but due to blackout catching up on quoted stuff and likes etc but only have limited time' ,

all food spoiled in refrigerate & freezer & need replacing etc  

must catch up fast  today is holiest day in Jewish year, must finish , go pray and then  break todays fast that started last night sundown at sundown tob night at friends  

Good thing about blackout, hotel near mom so spent alot of time with her ,

sorry if I am off topic here with non football stuff, going a bit fast and bit nuts

Leaving Now for Religious stuff,

--------------------------

Your Pats pulled it out, Couldnt watch , blackout but heard, seems they better work   out issues before they meet a non Rookie QB and a decent team, they have been fortunate with whom they started with

Bucs may or may not be issue but then Falcons , Bengals & Saints before back playing jets can be a troublesome 3

at least 10 day rest but thats what they said about Bailey and he still cant practice let alone play

Glad plat Broncos later , want a real game with Pats in stride

Have a good weekend, signing off

'if at Denver would feel better , esp same with Welkers ankle and Deckers shoulder still bothering them 

If Denver O line holds Peyton will score

Big ? is Denver DBs 

as noted elswhere

am way behind , had no power till this am , Been at hotel with limited use of their computer for non football priorities  last few days  , i only have a desktop at home  , 

but due to blackout catching up on quoted stuff and likes etc but only have limited time' ,

all food spoiled in refrigerate & freezer & need replacing etc  

must catch up fast  today is holiest day in Jewish year, must finish , go pray and then  break todays fast that started last night sundown at sundown tob night at friends  

Good thing about blackout, hotel near mom so spent alot of time with her ,

sorry if I am off topic here with non football stuff, going a bit fast and bit nuts

Leaving Now for Religious stuff,

--------------------------

Your Pats pulled it out, Couldnt watch , blackout but heard, seems they better work   out issues before they meet a non Rookie QB and a decent team, they have been fortunate with whom they started with

Bucs may or may not be issue but then Falcons , Bengals & Saints before back playing jets can be a troublesome 3

at least 10 day rest but thats what they said about Bailey and he still cant practice let alone play

Glad plat Broncos later , want a real game with Pats in stride

Have a good weekend, signing off

Welker is still hurt with the ankle?

Yes, Pats game was brutal. Glad to get the W. Defense looked really good so it gives me hope that we can hang with the better teams but O has to score more. I expect the Pats to work out kinks these 10 days off and be ready for Bucs. Gronk should be back too which will help the most in terms of red zone scores.

Sorry to hear about the black out.

Yes, Pats game was brutal. Glad to get the W. Defense looked really good so it gives me hope that we can hang with the better teams but O has to score more. I expect the Pats to work out kinks these 10 days off and be ready for Bucs. Gronk should be back too which will help the most in terms of red zone scores.

Leaving , last note 

see in jury report, link 

WELKER LTD< LTD< FULL PROBABLE , so will play 

Woodward DNP LTD FULL PROBABLE

Bolden LTS all 3 days qywestioble so thin o=at DBs wwith CXhamp out'

Decxker LTD< LTD FULL PROBABLE

Holiday LTD< LTD FULL PROBABLE

http://www.denverbro...da-4862c103400a

Leaving , last note 

see in jury report, link 

WELKER LTD< LTD< FULL PROBABLE , so will play 

Woodward DNP LTD FULL PROBABLE

Bolden LTS all 3 days qywestioble so thin o=at DBs wwith CXhamp out'

Decxker LTD< LTD FULL PROBABLE

Holiday LTD< LTD FULL PROBABLE

http://www.denverbro...da-4862c103400a

Woodyard had me worried. Losing him, next to Von Miller which they already did, would be the largest possible blow to the Denver defense. Glad to see he's relatively healthy after getting rolled up by Stokely due to Travathan's ineptitude.

Suffice to say, also better to leave Holiday back there for punts/kickoffs. He seems to have solved his fumbling issues since leaving the Texans/his first couple games in Denver.

Just has to be a high scoring game..

..so many injured defenders...and big plays receivers

True if the Giants D that are qustionable play PRince &  Rolle

then only outs are offense and not skill playes , Pugh did quite well at RT last week and listed ahead of Diel, maybe due to injury, dont know

LT David Diehl                        out

TE Adrien Robinson              out   currently 4th on depth cahrt but maybe thats due to  injury

OK welker drops ballsa so far in this came as u say , Many costly  Denver penalties robberd an fumble and Giants score, and maning opening great drive and ball fumbles near goal line, & no thrown TDs,, 1 looked like it bit J thoimass fell on same play he scored on  Vs Balt , another penalties for first down backed against end zone wiped it out then 3 &* out etc, Oh well, , lets see what happens in second half 

Slloppy playing , cant pressure Giants , to long in pocket 

maybe be back MNonday iif am free , maybe not  usual weks 2 days of Docs 

had great  Jewish holiday & traditional dinner last night, BYE thats what is important , same for 60 years