Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Going to the Manning bowl, anyone ever visit Giants stadium?

antipatriot

I have been many times to Giants stadium. It is only a four hour ride from me. The fans are insane as you might suspect in NY. I always went when they played the Redskins because a friend of mind had seasons tickets and used to give me that game every year. I would wear a Redskins shirt and get chided quite a bit. It was all in good fun. A lot depends where you sit. I was with the season ticket holders so they were somewhat sane but higher up the stadium were the guys that liked to drink and pick fights. The parking was reasonable and we never waited getting in and out.

You are only about a half hour from Manhattan so I would recommend going there after the game if you want to get something to eat and go out. Lots of great resturants and sports bars in Times Square.

I am going to the Manning bowl this weekend just wondering if any of you have ever worn your colors in that stadium and how the Giants fans are?

Any comments are welcome.

I'm going there as well for the first time on Sunday. My neighbor (an eagles fan) and uncle (a Philadelphia cop) have both told me that Giant fans are worse than eagles fans.....well, I was at the eagles v. colts game in 2010 and the eagles fans could not have been any worse to us colt fans that were there......so it should be interesting :thmup:

I'm going there as well for the first time on Sunday. My neighbor (an eagles fan) and uncle (a Philadelphia cop) have both told me that Giant fans are worse than eagles fans.....well, I was at the eagles v. colts game in 2010 and the eagles fans could not have been any worse to us colt fans that were there......so it should be interesting :thmup:

Giants fans are nowhere close to Eagles fans. IMO Eagles fans are the worse. When we played them in the SB in 2005, I remember they outnumbered Pats fans 3:1 and out drank Pats fans 10:1. Very obnoxious and rude.

I never had any issues with Giants fans other then some friendly ribbing. The stadium is very nice and like I said, you are close to Manhattan which is the best part if you want to go out after.

I am going to the Manning bowl this weekend just wondering if any of you have ever worn your colors in that stadium and how the Giants fans are?

Any comments are welcome.

a lot of time if you wear a colts home jersey it goes un-noticed because they look so similar to the giants jerseys, Especially if the back says Manning.

FWIW if you have ever been to Lucas Oil Stadium you will find that Metlife is severely lacking in comparison.

I went to the Colts Giants preseason game this year, and for ribbing, not much a lot of the fans there respect Andrew Luck so it was ok, I was sitting right behind the colts bench, and towards the 4th quarter when most giants fans had left, a lot of colts fans came down to my section and were actually acting worse than the giants fans with ribbing and taunting.

never been

Sorry I can't help

Then why reply, to boost your post count?  Who cares?

If all 10,000 plus members responded just to say that they had nothing to say - as you often do - this site would expire.

--------------------------------

I'm pretty sure that all fan bases have their fair share of troublemakers, but if reputation means anything I wouldn't worry too much about Giants fans. I can't remember the last time I read or heard about a problem here.

And even if there was, there would be a high probability that it would involve Cowboys, Redskins or Eagles fans who came looking for trouble, and found it. I can't imagine why anyone would care about someone coming to see Peyton. Just don't act like a jerk.

I have been many times to Giants stadium. It is only a four hour ride from me. The fans are insane as you might suspect in NY. I always went when they played the Redskins because a friend of mind had seasons tickets and used to give me that game every year. I would wear a Redskins shirt and get chided quite a bit. It was all in good fun. A lot depends where you sit. I was with the season ticket holders so they were somewhat sane but higher up the stadium were the guys that liked to drink and pick fights. The parking was reasonable and we never waited getting in and out.

You are only about a half hour from Manhattan so I would recommend going there after the game if you want to get something to eat and go out. Lots of great resturants and sports bars in Times Square.

Now u did it , the worse thing possible

reminded me of home, whenever I would go to a concert at the Garden  ( that was a minimum of usually 12 dead concerts in Sept  & other concerts  throught year , , even after moving to Detroit area as went back to visit parents 3 -4 times a year for month at a time and once was always sept for Jewish holiday's  when they played the end of summer tour or beginning fall, whatever )) or free concert   at band shell  of whomever in central park and would go from southern brooklyn by bicycle to central park , anyway whenever,  at times square I'd stop by at this great falafel place  to munchie out , the back  door led to a brothel and was really strange  as all the cops eating here would just sit as Ladies  would go  in & out with men named John , but the falafels were some of best  in city,. 1 of top 3 places I' liked

But know u were talking more like Tavern on the green in central park, Loved that place, le cirque, all the many greats and if 1 is into steak ,  peter leugers steakhouse in  Brooklyn is the greatest  (( briklyn is the original , & its part of Brooklyn near manhattan , Long +Island one came later ))  and nationally many places sell there steak sauce it's sooooo gooood   try some here ...   http://www.peterluger.com/petlugsauc.cfm

zagat.gif51.gif

Peter Luger Steak House

178 Broadway (Driggs Ave.), Brooklyn 718-387-7400

The "undisputed" steakhouse "champeen" for "eons", this Williamsburg meat lover's "Valhalla" is "duty famous" for "magnificent", "perfectly aged" porterhouses and "top-flight" sides that devotees "measure others against"; it's "mad-busy all the time" despite the "notoriously" "gnarly" waiters and "throwback" German "barroom" setting, not to mention a "cash or house account" -only policy that requires "raiding the ATM" before making the "pilgrimage."

http://www.peterluger.com/zagat.cfm

Havent eaten  there , & for that matter meat in years save few times for some special restaurants & occasions near me with special friends  ,   but thats rare I have time to do that , but my friends that travel there still tell me its the best as I remember it

I MISS HOME AND AM TOO DISABLED TO VIST --- Thankfully  brought MOM here once Pop passed , but still have cousin thats  basically  like brother there , grew up together and his parents died before he turned 20

no friends left in city  but last time I went they all drove in  to meet me  From Mass & Jersey & other areas and we'd have a ball , esp as one had a 3500  like square foot hotel room sitting there for his free corporate use in same building  that housed Le cirgue or maybe aaround the corner, forgot if we had to go oiutside to eat --- eat at le cirque , see a concert , sleep in the suite ,  trip around the city a few days  , hang at the suite  using the jacuzzi etc  that was living 

Now u did it , the worse thing possible

reminded me of home, whenever I would go to a concert at the Garden  ( that was a minimum of usually 12 dead concerts in Sept  & other concerts  throught year , , even after moving to Detroit area as went back to visit parents 3 -4 times a year for month at a time and once was always sept for Jewish holiday's  when they played the end of summer tour or beginning fall, whatever )) or free concert   at band shell  of whomever in central park and would go from southern brooklyn by bicycle to central park , anyway whenever,  at times square I'd stop by at this great falafel place  to munchie out , the back  door led to a brothel and was really strange  as all the cops eating here would just sit as Ladies  would go  in & out with men named John , but the falafels were some of best  in city,. 1 of top 3 places I' liked

But know u were talking more like Tavern on the green in central park, Loved that place, le cirque, all the many greats and if 1 is into steak ,  peter leugers steakhouse in  Brooklyn is the greatest  (( briklyn is the original , & its part of Brooklyn near manhattan , Long +Island one came later ))  and nationally many places sell there steak sauce it's sooooo gooood   try some here ...   http://www.peterluger.com/petlugsauc.cfm

zagat.gif51.gif

Peter Luger Steak House

178 Broadway (Driggs Ave.), Brooklyn 718-387-7400

The "undisputed" steakhouse "champeen" for "eons", this Williamsburg meat lover's "Valhalla" is "duty famous" for "magnificent", "perfectly aged" porterhouses and "top-flight" sides that devotees "measure others against"; it's "mad-busy all the time" despite the "notoriously" "gnarly" waiters and "throwback" German "barroom" setting, not to mention a "cash or house account" -only policy that requires "raiding the ATM" before making the "pilgrimage."

http://www.peterluger.com/zagat.cfm

Havent eaten  there , & for that matter meat in years save few times for some special restaurants & occasions near me with special friends  ,   but thats rare I have time to do that , but my friends that travel there still tell me its the best as I remember it

I MISS HOME AND AM TOO DISABLED TO VIST --- Thankfully  brought MOM here once Pop passed , but still have cousin thats  basically  like brother there , grew up together and his parents died before he turned 20

no friends left in city  but last time I went they all drove in  to meet me  From Mass & Jersey & other areas and we'd have a ball , esp as one had a 3500  like square foot hotel room sitting there for his free corporate use in same building  that housed Le cirgue or maybe aaround the corner, forgot if we had to go oiutside to eat --- eat at le cirque , see a concert , sleep in the suite ,  trip around the city a few days  , hang at the suite  using the jacuzzi etc  that was living 

NY is a specialy place. I used to go every year for the US Open tennis tournament and the Giants/Redskins game. This was before I had my kids.

The resturants are just fantastic. I have been up and down the East side and the West side. My favorites are the Italian/seafood places where you can sit outside. Love Central Park as well.

I went when they first opened the All Star Cafe in Times Square. It was so great. Three levels of sports entertainment, big screens everywhere, athletes eating in there. All the items on the menu were named after sports stars. One was Andre Agassi's alfredo pasta. Another was Jeter's sliders. lol. It was a good time. :)

NY is a specialy place. I used to go every year for the US Open tennis tournament and the Giants/Redskins game. This was before I had my kids.

The resturants are just fantastic. I have been up and down the East side and the West side. My favorites are the Italian/seafood places where you can sit outside. Love Central Park as well.

I went when they first opened the All Star Cafe in Times Square. It was so great. Three levels of sports entertainment, big screens everywhere, athletes eating in there. All the items on the menu were named after sports stars. One was Andre Agassi's alfredo pasta. Another was Jeter's sliders. lol. It was a good time. :)

If the US open is still held in  ( and something tells me it isnt but really dont know )  Flushing NY nearby to Mets Stadium, u can ,if still there see a giant world globe thats see through save for the land masses, it was one of the last remnants of the 1964 worlds fair I attended, still remember buying an oyster guaranteed to have a pearl in it for a buck and it did, tiniest thing u ever saw though, sure was seeded with it or to start it

anyway another great memory of the Fair  was a stage / auditorium that revolved  and was still there   for a # of years after the worlds fair  till moved and saw Led Zeppelin there a day after seeing them in the Bronx and just before the 2nd album came out, WE all heard the Lemon song  ( & Others from said album ) the day before so no one else could understand how my friends and i could sing along on that and few others knowing some of the words others had yet to hear

Think, this just conjecture, the last time in NY , as u speak of seafood , I went to the water club restaurant along the east river, cant remember if it was a regular building or a ship , had eaten there before but memory fails me

To many good restaurants to name , or remember

If the US open is still held in  ( and something tells me it isnt but really dont know )  Flushing NY nearby to Mets Stadium, u can ,if still there see a giant world globe thats see through save for the land masses, it was one of the last remnants of the 1964 worlds fair I attended, still remember buying an oyster guaranteed to have a pearl in it for a buck and it did, tiniest thing u ever saw though, sure was seeded with it or to start it

anyway another great memory of the Fair  was a stage / auditorium that revolved  and was still there   for a # of years after the worlds fair  till moved and saw Led Zeppelin there a day after seeing them in the Bronx and just before the 2nd album came out, WE all heard the Lemon song  ( & Others from said album ) the day before so no one else could understand how my friends and i could sing along on that and few others knowing some of the words others had yet to hear

Think, this just conjecture, the last time in NY , as u speak of seafood , I went to the water club restaurant along the east river, cant remember if it was a regular building or a ship , had eaten there before but memory fails me

To many good restaurants to name , or remember

Yes, I believe the US Open is still at Flushing but I have not gone in years. It was a great view you are right. If you were at the top of the landing you could see over into Mets stadium across the street which was pretty cool. Mets were always losing. Nothing has changed. lol.

I have many a photo with that giant globe and the $50 US Open t-shirt I used to buy from the vendors which was the biggest rip off but I had to have it to commerate each year.

Funny story - one year the Bills were playing the Giants on opening Sunday night when it used to be on Labor Day weekend. I went right from the US Open to Giants stadium and scored tickets cheap from a scalper which never happens. I can't remember the year but Jim Kelly was up there in years but he still mounted a crazy comeback after being down by a few scores. For all the QB debates we have up here, Kelly was one of my favs. It was amazing to see him play live and just run that offense like a symphony. As bad as life is for Bills fans at least they had him.

Yes, I believe the US Open is still at Flushing but I have not gone in years. It was a great view you are right. If you were at the top of the landing you could see over into Mets stadium across the street which was pretty cool. Mets were always losing. Nothing has changed. lol.

I have many a photo with that giant globe and the $50 US Open t-shirt I used to buy from the vendors which was the biggest rip off but I had to have it to commerate each year.

Funny story - one year the Bills were playing the Giants on opening Sunday night when it used to be on Labor Day weekend. I went right from the US Open to Giants stadium and scored tickets cheap from a scalper which never happens. I can't remember the year but Jim Kelly was up there in years but he still mounted a crazy comeback after being down by a few scores. For all the QB debates we have up here, Kelly was one of my favs. It was amazing to see him play live and just run that offense like a symphony. As bad as life is for Bills fans at least they had him.

JIm Kelly 4 straight SB's, if he won 2 them all would talk differently about his  so called legacy pending ones point of view on rings and qbs, / vs teams & rings

Finally a day without Drs and waiting for    Microsoft  level 2 tech to call ,. take over computer & try  to  find out why 3 of latest updates say installed  successfully but every day says auto notice to install them again & 1st tech and hp cant getr rid of it or know why, also , supposed fix didnt work nor system restore etc , is to call between now and 11 and Eastern and no i idea how long will ta=ke, other day & night  night  between HP & microsoft, took over my compuyter for 4 hrs at least

If the US open is still held in  ( and something tells me it isnt but really dont know )  Flushing NY nearby to Mets Stadium, u can ,if still there see a giant world globe

Still there. With a 22,000 seat stadium, I don't think it's going anywhere. I think they are planning on adding a roof.

5713376169_f582d416d3_z.jpg