Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good Boyett Story.... (Post Incident)....

NewColtsFan

Props to Phil Wilson for doing a story on Boyett since the embarrassing incident took place.

He explains Boyett's life and offers some context on what happened....

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130903/SPORTS/309030071/1058/SPORTS03

I like Boyett.    Really,  really like him as a player.    Like him as a person.   Yes,  despite his terribly foolish and embarrassing mistake.    From the Wilson story,  his behavior is the opposite of the kid Wilson has dealt with...

I'd like to see Boyett earn his way back on to the Colts roster next year.   The Colts invested a draft pick and a signing bonus and I'd like to see them get some return on their investment.   And I'd like to see the young man clean up his life.

So...

I hope he gets into a rehab program.   And for 60 days, not 30.

I hope he continues his work out program and gets his knees 100%.

I hope he keeps the Colts informed on his progress once a month (at least) to let them know how he's doing...

And I hope he turns down an offer to join another franchise so he can re-join the Colts next off-season as a free agent.

Don't get me wrong.....   I think the chances of this happening are incredibly small...  somewhere between  1 and 2 percent,  (and that may be overstating it!)...

But I like stories with happy endings,  even if this one is unrealistic....

Earn the trust of the team and the franchise.   Work his way back.   Get his life turned around.    I think that would be another nice story for Phil Wilson to write about in about 6 months......

I'm confused.....still not seeing a story on Boyett's life. Link to the story you refer to in your first post?

I had trouble with it as well.  If the link below doesn't work, then just scroll to the bottom of the article that opens and check the links listed under "You might be interested in"

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130903/SPORTS03/309030049/Fired-Colt-John-Boyett-deserves-punishment-some-understanding?odyssey=obinsite

bring him back..if they can let Joe L. stay on tht team y not boyett?? plus he's a heck of a football player...and we running short at safety now...i like him

It's all about him being somewhat expendable. Boyett is a 6th round rook, who was not playing this season and is questionable if he'll play next season.

Lefeged has proven himself a competent backup, a great special teaser and last year he was a ST captain.

I can see why they kept him around.

It's all about him being somewhat expendable. Boyett is a 6th round rook, who was not playing this season and is questionable if he'll play next season.

Lefeged has proven himself a competent backup, a great special teaser and last year he was a ST captain.

I can see why they kept him around.

I don't think it is about that at all. He did not count against the roster quota and was on a very affordable contract. It was about the organization's name being associated with disorderly behavior and someone using their name in an attempt to afford himself a pedestal above the law.

I don't think it is about that at all. He did not count against the roster quota and was on a very affordable contract. It was about the organization's name being associated with disorderly behavior and someone using their name in an attempt to afford himself a pedestal above the law.

yeah, that "i'm a colt player!" line was probably what got him cut, but i believe the colts acted rashly (they cut him in less than 24 hours).. like you said, he didn't count against 53, has a cheap contract and what about the second chances?? brazill got it, lefedge got it.. in fact, brazill got his 3rd chance :)