Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jarworski On RG3

dw49

Just ran across it and figured I'd post it. No denying that these two guys will always be compared so I figured I'd pass it along.

ESPN's Ron Jaworski expressed concern about Robert Griffin III's passing mechanics after watching RG3 warm up ahead of last Monday's preseason game.

Jaws is the premier QB evaluator in the media. "I was watching him throw the football — there were a few clips — and I was concerned in the weight transfer," said Jaworski. "I didn’t see the clean mechanics I’ve seen in the past. I’m not there every day, I’m not a doctor, but he just looks a little different right now. It’s pregame, it was warmup, people can discount that. I’m just saying from my eye, I didn’t see the clean drops, the weight transfer, stay on that back foot, snap the hips." Jaworski "really (doesn't) know what to expect" from Griffin in 2013.

Aug 23 - 2:18 P

Griffin will always be compared to Jaworski?

Sorry about that. I did notice that I messed up the topic title. I went in to edit or make mention in the topic post but was too late. I meant to say that Luck and RG 3 would always be compared and thus RG3 stuff might be of interest to some Colt fans. 

Sorry about that. I did notice that I messed up the topic title. I went in to edit or make mention in the topic post but was too late. I meant to say that Luck and RG 3 would always be compared and thus RG3 stuff might be of interest to some Colt fans.

I know, I was just joking

I heard Jaws say those comments on the Mike and Mike show. Very interesting that he's a difference in RGs weight transfer. I wish he went into more detail on how that will effect his throws in terms of accuracy or velocity or even possible reinjury if he is compensating somehow.

http://deadspin.com/how-espn-manufactures-a-story-colin-kaepernick-edition-1185400028

this is another reason I don't put much stock in most of the national media; have to view all of this through a filtered lens.

As for the OP, plenty of other people close to that team saying Griff looks fine.

Why was that article acting like it was delivering earth shattering news lol. That's how plenty of media outlets, especially those catering specific political parties, operate.

http://deadspin.com/how-espn-manufactures-a-story-colin-kaepernick-edition-1185400028

this is another reason I don't put much stock in most of the national media; have to view all of this through a filtered lens.

As for the OP, plenty of other people close to that team saying Griff looks fine.

Not sure if OP means me. If it does , hopefully no one reads what I posted to mean that I think there is something wrong with RG3. Some people think RJ is a pretty good judge of QB's and I know there is the RG# - Luck comparison , so I posted it. Nothing more nothing less . 

Jaworski mentioned the same kind of news in the preseason a few years back regarding Peyton.  He said he looked different and that his mechanics were off.  That was before the public knew about the degree with which his neck was bothering him.  Jaws is pretty good at things like that because he eats and sleeps it. 

Why was that article acting like it was delivering earth shattering news lol. That's how plenty of media outlets, especially those catering specific political parties, operate.

yeah it may not be earth-shattering to some, but there are others who swallow whatever they read without giving it a second thought. I haven't read any of the articles put up on ESPN or NFL.com, but I can pretty much assume how the general masses represented by the comments sections on those websites are responding. :) If someone didn't hear all of the caveats to his statement, they're going to assume he's right and its cut and dry.

The article linked is just meant to further illustrate how filtered our information can get. And who knows...not saying Jaws in wrong, but I wouldn't accept anything blindly. Jaws' opinion does hold some weight compared to a lot of the national figures, but while he may eat and sleep this stuff, he's been wrong plenty - like anyone else.

Not sure if OP means me. If it does , hopefully no one reads what I posted to mean that I think there is something wrong with RG3. Some people think RJ is a pretty good judge of QB's and I know there is the RG# - Luck comparison , so I posted it. Nothing more nothing less .

nah nothing towards you, I'm just playing the other side of the coin since I don't think anyone else here would on this topic ;)

and let me clarify too - I'm basically saying that there may or may not be any real change in his mechanics, and if there is, it may or may not be because of the knee. There's the rust factor, getting used to a brace, and the fact that he was doing warmups for a preseason game that he wasn't going to play in. Lots of things to consider before automatically assuming that his knee is screwing things up.

nah nothing towards you, I'm just playing the other side of the coin since I don't think anyone else here would on this topic ;)

I just posted as I know some here like to discuss RG3 for the obvious reasons. I'm no expert , while RJ could be considered one but my take would be "so what ?" It's pretty much established that RG's recovery has gone great and it might be that he's just favoring that knee a bit and it's effecting his weight transfer. Like I said , I don't know dog poop about this but I would think when the knee is 100% , his mechanics will return. That's assuming RJ is right to begin with. 

I just posted as I know some here like to discuss RG3 for the obvious reasons. I'm no expert , while RJ could be considered one but my take would be "so what ?" It's pretty much established that RG's recovery has gone great and it might be that he's just favoring that knee a bit and it's effecting his weight transfer. Like I said , I don't know dog poop about this but I would think when the knee is 100% , his mechanics will return. That's assuming RJ is right to begin with.

oh I know...its all good man :) I'm just tossing out the possibility that it may not be the knee at all...and may in fact be nothing.