Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Special Teams

atapcl

Do we keep players on ST if they are not good position players?

Mario Harvey looks like he wont make it as a LB but he was one of the top SP players last year. Sergio Brown was one of the top gunners last year and Delano Howell has looked good at SS this preseason. Do we keep 5 safties to maintain a good ST. Donald Brown looks odd running down on STs. Rayford, Ashante Williams, Kerwyn Williams, Maurice Williams, and Reed look like they could contribute to STs.

I am not sure if getting David Reed is an indictment on Kerwynn Williams suggesting that Kerwynn William may not be our KR and be used more as an RB. Kerwynn Williams' speed has not been as extraordinary as when hyped during draft time.

Since they did not want to chance a WR talent like T.Y.Hilton on kick return duties, they got David Reed, I am thinking.

I am not sure if getting David Reed is an indictment on Kerwynn Williams suggesting that Kerwynn William may not be our KR and be used more as an RB. Kerwynn Williams' speed has not been as extraordinary as when hyped during draft time.

Since they did not want to chance a WR talent like T.Y.Hilton on kick return duties, they got David Reed, I am thinking.

I really don't think K Willy has ran at full speed yet. And if you look at him, he's alot more bulked up than he was in college.

I really don't think K Willy has ran at full speed yet. And if you look at him, he's alot more bulked up than he was in college.

Some guys bulk up without significant loss of speed, maybe his bulking up has had an effect on his speed.

Some guys bulk up without significant loss of speed, maybe his bulking up has had an effect on his speed.

I don't think it has. He flashed it on that cutback he had against the giants then scattered for a big gain. I think (and it's just a hunch/opinion) but I believe he's still settling in and getting use to the NFL speed of the game. And I believe once he does, the gates of speed will open

Somebody is watching Williams: http://blogs.colts.com/2013/08/23/kerwynn-williams-catching-the-eye-of-important-people/

I don't think it has. He flashed it on that cutback he had against the giants then scattered for a big gain. I think (and it's just a hunch/opinion) but I believe he's still settling in and getting use to the NFL speed of the game. And I believe once he does, the gates of speed will open

It seems like he is thinking about what he should be doing out there.  I think there will be a point when he gets it and can just play...

Do we keep players on ST if they are not good position players?

Mario Harvey looks like he wont make it as a LB but he was one of the top SP players last year. Sergio Brown was one of the top gunners last year and Delano Howell has looked good at SS this preseason. Do we keep 5 safties to maintain a good ST. Donald Brown looks odd running down on STs. Rayford, Ashante Williams, Kerwyn Williams, Maurice Williams, and Reed look like they could contribute to STs.

I really realllllly hope we keep Howell! He hasn't been big on the stats sheet and no one is really talking about him, but he is almost always the 1st or 2nd guy to make contact with the rb on no gain runs