Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dolphins TE Dustin Keller done for season.

MTC

Native Hoosier and played at Purdue and this sounds like a nasty injury I didn't see it but I heard it was pretty nasty looking.  I am not sure if I've ever seen a more nasty knee injury that Flipper Anderson suffered against the Jets during the 95 season but from I heard this was like that one and that one pretty much ended Flipper's career.  I hope that's not the case for this guy.

Sounds horrific - poor guy. I always thought that he had potential but had the misfortune of never playing with an actual QB.

Ironic and sad timing - hopefully he'll be OK.

Agree...I thought he could break out a bit if Tannehill made a jump.

Still haven't seen the video. But it sounds like for all purposes the only thing holding together his upper leg, and lower leg is skin? That's just crazy to think of.

Yep, that was pretty much the case. Every major ligament was torn and the kneecap dislocated to the point of causing nerve damage. 

This isn't your typical "see you next year" ACL tear. Keller's career, unfortunately, is finished.

Yep, that was pretty much the case. Every major ligament was torn and the kneecap dislocated to the point of causing nerve damage. 

This isn't your typical "see you next year" ACL tear. Keller's career, unfortunately, is finished.

Isn't it very similar to Lattimore's injury...minus the supposed nerve damage?

Isn't it very similar to Lattimore's injury...minus the supposed nerve damage?

Similar...but if you can believe it, Keller's is worse.

Also, from a business standpoint, he's a middle of the road vet playing on a one year deal (on a much higher price tag- over $4 mil if I recall) as opposed to a rookie that a team can stash and allow to heal cheaply. Whereas a team can wait and take a gamble on a rookie like Lattimore, players in Keller's position (kinda like Marlin Jackson) are typically left alone as damaged goods. 

Similar...but if you can believe it, Keller's is worse.

Also, from a business standpoint, he's a middle of the road vet playing on a one year deal (on a much higher price tag- over $4 mil if I recall) as opposed to a rookie that a team can stash and allow to heal cheaply. Whereas a team can wait and take a gamble on a rookie like Lattimore, players in Keller's position (kinda like Marlin Jackson) are typically left alone as damaged goods.

Man, that's too bad. Well at least he's still young enough for a career change.

Man, that's too bad. Well at least he's still young enough for a career change.

True dat. Fortunately, Keller's a bright dude. He partnered with his uncle to buy a few McAlister's Delis right out of college since he knew the shelf life of an NFL player wasn't long. 

Plus, he's a foodie, so what's not to root for? 

I also just noticed Lattimore's been placed on IR for this year so his recovery will trend closer to 2 years, if he can bounce back. Just to put the timetable in perspective.