Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bill C's Game 1 Thoughts

Dark Superman

The offensive line looks better, it's early, they need to build chemistry but it will happen with experience. And wow, I never knew Donald Thomas was that HUGE

TY Hilton is still electric can't say enough about this kid.. He's a special player.

Donald Brown looks great when he's healthy.. I really hope he can stay healthy because he can be a huge asset to this team. I love his speed, explosiveness and his ability to catch the ball out of the back field, hope he makes the team.

The defensive line looks much improved. The tackles and and linebackers are really getting good penetration and getting to the ball carrier. Hickman was looking solid before going down.

Sowell seemed pretty active. Sheldon Price was used as target practice. Marshal Green as well.

Pat Mcafee is the man.

Griff Whalen continues to look solid.

Jerry Hughes still stinks.. I think even on one play Justice Cunnngham stood him up.

Where's Ben Ijalana? If anyone needs reps it's him.

Nice thoughts on game.  Here is my thoughts:

Josh Chapman did what we hoped he would do.  The guy simply can't be moved.  He ties up two blockers

The offense seemed to have slow developing plays.  Contrast to the Bills, who often did 3 step drops and fired.  Almost like Arians was still here :)

Secondary was shreaded

No pass rush other than Rayford on the one play.

TY is going to tear it up this year if he stays healthy

Connor looked good a LB.

Are you kidding? He was pushing olineman around a lot. He wasn't in very much but he pretty much abused the interior line

I'll have to rewatch it. He didn't get in until the 4th, right? I'll take your word that he did good. I thought Tavaseu looked pretty good.

Our backup DBs are horrible.

Fleener was very impressive separated well from LB's and safeties, he's due for a great year. TY was great as well with the amazing TD pass from Hassebeck. The run defense for each unit looked great, held contain and forced RB's to go up the middle.  Chandler Harnish was the most disappointing i know he's 3rd string but he looked like he wouldn't start on a SEC team, he shouldn't make the team. Price had a couple of bad plays but he had good recovery speed, with more time i think he can be good. Swanson had a TD created by the sack of Rayford but in coverage he wasn't good, looks like a zone CB and lacks recovery speed. Only one game and most of our starters didn't play but for the most part the first and second team played well, 3rd team wasn't good at all.

I stopped watching in the middle of the 2nd quarter so I didn't watch all of the negativity you guys are talking about. But from what I've heard, all of the poor play came from the 2nd or 3rd stringers. That's fine. It's just preseason. At least the starters looked good.

You also have to account for a lot of the defense being out.

What I don't understand is all of you are like "oh it's preseason who cares" and then you actually care about every single play lolz

I didn't understand playing Luck only half of the first quarter....    makes no sense to me.

Turns out there was at least one, if not two other drives for the Colts in that Q.

We have a new offense.   Feel free to let the first team play one whole quarter against another NFL team to get some sense of the new offense. 

What a concept!    :slaphead:        :facepalm:

I didn't understand playing Luck only half of the first quarter....    makes no sense to me.

Turns out there was at least one, if not two other drives for the Colts in that Q.

We have a new offense.   Feel free to let the first team play one whole quarter against another NFL team to get some sense of the new offense. 

What a concept!    :slaphead:        :facepalm:

Beating up on the Bills back up on defense doesn't help Luck develop.  He played about as long as the Bills played their starters on defense.  He'll get more work as the pre-season goes along but you get familiar with the offense in practice. 

The thing about Chapman I like is he never seems to go backwards.  He either stacks up the line or moves it backwards. I remember one play where he blasted two offensive lineman and then make the tackle on the RB.  It was late in 4th quarter.

On another play he collapsed the pocket and got his hands in the QBs face, unfortunately it still went for a completion.  It was a solid play none the less. 

I thought I would at least see some flashes of greatness from some of the 3rd string (guys who want to make the team).  All in all, it was kind of blah.  It looked like the same old special teams.  Some things never change.

It's good to know that when the season really does start, the first team won't disappoint (except for special teams).