Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New CBA rules to blame for rampant injuries?

amfootball

http://thelandryhat.com/2013/07/31/quick-out-cba-rules-causing-more-injuries/

Found this article which details exactly how coaches can run practices and compares it to the older eras. I really think the fact that these guys are not worked as hard as high school players is to blame for the injuries ...

& it was all designed for player safety too ( LOL )

The US marines, Special ops etc all go through rigorous training to be ready for the real thing

Then again there are those that would say compared to yesteryear, today' s football aint the real thing so why should training be

Found this article which details exactly how coaches can run practices and compares it to the older eras. I really think the fact that these guys are not worked as hard as high school players is to blame for the injuries ...

I dont think there are more injuries now than there have been in  past years.

..we just now  have 78 people tweeting live from all camps and we hear about every sprained ankle...

.....When we had 2-a-day practices, THAT was blamed for injuries...

I think one thing is certain: There is no way to prevent serious injuries

..we just now  have 78 people tweeting live from all camps and we hear about every sprained ankle...

I am not sure we have had this many season ending injuries before but I will have to look it up. Of course another reason in addition to the CBA is the rampant roid use which puts added stress on ligaments and muscles causing them to tear ...

It is like almost everything in this media world now.  It is just so much easier to get information that it appears that things are worse now compared to the past, but in reality it is probably just about the same be it war, football injuries, and other world events.

It does seem that there is more, but I bet if you look at the numbers overall we are probably about in line.  It is just everyone and their mother has  a twitter account and it is just easy to get access to information.

It is like almost everything in this media world now.  It is just so much easier to get information that it appears that things are worse now compared to the past, but in reality it is probably just about the same be it war, football injuries, and other world events.

It does seem that there is more, but I bet if you look at the numbers overall we are probably about in line.  It is just everyone and their mother has  a twitter account and it is just easy to get access to information.

all i know is , 

PRO FOOTBALL: Severe injuries rose every season from 2009-12

• By Howard Fendrich Associated Press
  • Posted July 31, 2013 at 6:35 p.m.

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2013/jul/31/severe-injuries-rose-every-season-from-2009-12/

My Point

but even though the rising trend, & of course it just may seem like its media reporting this year serious season ending injuries or surgical intervention ones with rehab even if back latter just seem to happen to frequently, whether its CBA or coincidence dont know, but have feeling many of these players just not in shape as before when injuries occur with easier practices, and game rules designed to protect

reminds me of a great Ditka quote "We didn't have "turf toe" when I played football"....get out there!!!!!!!!!!!

I think a good part of the difference is that every little tweak is an injury now, where many "injured" players were still playing back in the day. It's a different time, with different rules, insurance, liability, etc...changes everything. I am often surprised by some of the injuries that I would think proper training and plyometrics would prevent.

reminds me of a great Ditka quote "We didn't have "turf toe" when I played football"....get out there!!!!!!!!!!!

I think a good part of the difference is that every little tweak is an injury now, where many "injured" players were still playing back in the day. It's a different time, with different rules, insurance, liability, etc...changes everything. I am often surprised by some of the injuries that I would think proper training and plyometrics would prevent.

I will never forget and have said this before Unitas head basically taken off, Doesnt come off field, John Mackey stuffs mud up nose to try and stop bleeding but the blood continues  dripping down uncontested , Unitas didnt miss 1 play, just stayed in & drove length of field for TD

Was like u make me bleed , I will make u bleed where it counts , on the scoreboard

that would never of been allowed today

It does seem like a high number of serious (season-ending) injuries this year. But then again, the part that could just be coincidence is that a lot of these guys have been high-profile players, and that's why we've heard about it. Maybe it's just perception, I don't know. I'm sure if it keeps up some writer for NFL.com or ESPN will do the research.