Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots offer fans trade

T Y Goodbye

Wow, judgmental much?

Please point to the evidence that Hernandez posed such a problem prior to his arrest. He had been a model citizen as a Patriot, by all accounts. Heck, Deion Branch came out yesterday and said how much he loved the guy, and Branch is a stand-up guy.

But apparently you and others somehow knew about Hernandez's situation more so than the Patriots. Impressive... maybe you should contact other NFL teams and offer your services.

By the way, the CBA itself has language in it which protects the Patriots from Hernandez's contract.

Ya it does....   but NE failed to include it... 

Ya it does....   but NE failed to include it... 

There's a separate clause in the CBA that applies to all contracts. I would think the CBA's provisions would supersede the provisions in the individual contract,  unless that CBA provision is explicitly waived in the individual contract.

According to Clayton the Patriots will get to keep about 2m or so..  and they are stuck with re remainder.

http://www.1070thefan.com/podcast/Episodes.aspx?PID=2160

Honestly I cannot believe NE gave this * any money. 

there is a workout bonus, thought was only around 1 million but may be 2 that isnt associated with that clause Pats left out and that is what they are allowed to get back

According to Clayton the Patriots will get to keep about 2m or so..  and they are stuck with re remainder.

http://www.1070thefan.com/podcast/Episodes.aspx?PID=2160

Honestly I cannot believe NE gave this * any money. 

there is a workout bonus, thought was only around 1 million but may be 2 that isnt associated with that clause Pats left out and that is what they are allowed to get back

I just don't think that this issue is anywhere close to being finally resolved. There are actually two separate issues, one involving the Patriots recouping money already paid, and another involving them getting cap consideration due to contract breach. There will be a bunch of back and forth between the league, the Patriots, the NFLPA, and Hernandez's legal team. 

It also rings hollow to criticize the Patriots for the Hernandez contract when we have the benefit of hindsight. Unless you were critical of the extension at the time, it's hard to pay any mind to anyone's disbelief at this point. 

I just don't think that this issue is anywhere close to being finally resolved. There are actually two separate issues, one involving the Patriots recouping money already paid, and another involving them getting cap consideration due to contract breach. There will be a bunch of back and forth between the league, the Patriots, the NFLPA, and Hernandez's legal team. 

It also rings hollow to criticize the Patriots for the Hernandez contract when we have the benefit of hindsight. Unless you were critical of the extension at the time, it's hard to pay any mind to anyone's disbelief at this point. 

Oh totally agree, u can site contracts and the saying that like rules contracts can be broken

I only know what I read and each media outlet may use own contract they have available and not entire issue iif that makes sense

The final word wont be know untill much litigation for sure

& yes at the time locking up both TE's seemed like a great move to me

For 1 to predict this level of violence even if new the past issues , which I didnt, 

well this to me is  unexpected and sets a new precedent for crimes, dont remember all the ray lewis details but this seems to go far beyond anything the NFL has witnessed that I know of 

Oh totally agree, u can site contracts and the saying that like rules contracts can be broken

I only know what I read and each media outlet may use own contract they have available and not entire issue iif that makes sense

The final word wont be know untill much litigation for sure

& yes at the time locking up both TE's seemed like a great move to me

For 1 to predict this level of violence even if new the past issues , which I didnt, 

well this to me is  unexpected and sets a new precedent for crimes, dont remember all the ray lewis details but this seems to go far beyond anything the NFL has witnessed that I know of 

The world was a bigger place back when Ray Lewis was in trouble. News didn't travel as fast, the media and entertainment business wasn't as entrenched as it is now, and so on. There's actually an article on SI.com questioning whether it's even possible for Hernandez to receive a fair trial at this point, given how the media covers news and how people tend to make their minds up beforehand.

But as more reports come out, it seems like Aaron Hernandez is in a lot more trouble than Ray Lewis was.

Those 3 years the Patriots got for there fourth round pick  - resulted in a double murder in july 2012 - a shooting in Florida & another murder june 2013  .

LUCKY  for who the victims ?  or Patriot fans .   So you would trade lifes for a steal in the draft ?   The Patriots made 2 questionable picks that netted them 2 TE's no one can forsee the future but looking back at Gronks health & Hernandezs character flaws it would seem the organization failed considering Hernandez spent half his time as a Patriot involved in murder .

I would say IMO  the 3 years resulted in 3 bodies was not worth a fourth or any round pick ..

ok 3 Bodies? he was being looked at for the drive by shooting that took place in feb. and that seems way to well planned out after seeing the Lloyd murder to be Hernandez.

Also you apparently don't know or didn't bother to look up to see where Hernandez is from.. he is from CT. so even if he went UNDRAFTED he be in this area  and if he did kill anyone (I believe innocent till proven guilty in a court of law) those people still been killed by the phycopath anyways or 3 other poor people in a different state. A killer is a killer no matter where he lives.. So someone would have been killed by AH if he did this hanous crime.

The world was a bigger place back when Ray Lewis was in trouble. News didn't travel as fast, the media and entertainment business wasn't as entrenched as it is now, and so on. There's actually an article on SI.com questioning whether it's even possible for Hernandez to receive a fair trial at this point, given how the media covers news and how people tend to make their minds up beforehand.

But as more reports come out, it seems like Aaron Hernandez is in a lot more trouble than Ray Lewis was.

Getting a fair trial , well with the way the media ran with this, with his Jersey selling for much on Ebay, who doesnt know about it & who at this point doesnt have a preconceived notion of guilt or innocence or at least swaying one way heavily

A Jury of his peers, who are his peers, other NFL players, others in a nice rich suburban neighborhood like where he lived now, or those he hung out with, supposedly not his teammates but the gang back in Connecticut who live by the code of the streets

Different than u and me I'm sure but yet the peers he supposedly hung with, What a case

He'll get off. Some of the most incriminating evidence is on CCTV footage. That will get destroyed before the trial. You know....the way it happens up in New England.....

I hope you jest because His trial isn't even the biggest trial up here right now... a killer of only 3 potential people PFFT.... we got a guy on trial for 19(?) right now.

ok 3 Bodies? he was being looked at for the drive by shooting that took place in feb. and that seems way to well planned out after seeing the Lloyd murder to be Hernandez.

Also you apparently don't know or didn't bother to look up to see where Hernandez is from.. he is from CT. so even if he went UNDRAFTED he be in this area  and if he did kill anyone (I believe innocent till proven guilty in a court of law) those people still been killed by the phycopath anyways or 3 other poor people in a different state. A killer is a killer no matter where he lives.. So someone would have been killed by AH if he did this hanous crime.

Geez I hadn't thought of it that way. Maybe being a professional football player actually prevented this guy from being involved in even MORE dark and scary crap.

I'm not so much disappointed that they drafted him - they took a chance on a guy with a questionable past. It happens all the time and sometimes teams win that gamble and sometimes they lose. I don't know that ANYONE knew just HOW questionable his past was though. Pretty sure no one really did.

I am, however, a little let down that they extended his deal last year and threw a bunch of money at him when it was obvious that he had some issues (Matt Light story, the incident with Welker in Hernandez's rookie year, etc). That's looking like a really poor decision at this point.

To their credit, the Patriots cut him instead of waiting for Goodell to suspend him, which would have given some cap relief. The Falcons didn't technically cut Vick until he got out of prison for that very reason.

Geez I hadn't thought of it that way. Maybe being a professional football player actually prevented this guy from being involved in even MORE dark and scary crap.

I'm not so much disappointed that they drafted him - they took a chance on a guy with a questionable past. It happens all the time and sometimes teams win that gamble and sometimes they lose. I don't know that ANYONE knew just HOW questionable his past was though. Pretty sure no one really did.

I am, however, a little let down that they extended his deal last year and threw a bunch of money at him when it was obvious that he had some issues (Matt Light story, the incident with Welker in Hernandez's rookie year, etc). That's looking like a really poor decision at this point.

To their credit, the Patriots cut him instead of waiting for Goodell to suspend him, which would have given some cap relief. The Falcons didn't technically cut Vick until he got out of prison for that very reason.

20/20 hine site with the extension, he just had a baby girl was getting engaged and by all appearances seemed to be towing the line. AH IF guilty would have gone off wether it was here or San Diego... violence like this isn't contained.

I am more concerned with all the FL events that APPEAR to have been covered up and are just NOW coming to light. (Bar incident, his apparent knowledge of or involvment in a double homicide when he was 17 in FL.) whats going on down in FL?

They are going to have to definitely move it out of that area.  I do not see how AH can have a fair trial in that area at all, but given the media over saturation of this and this countries obsession with football I do not know if they will really find a group of 12 to be impartial with this. The media eats this juicy trials up like OJ or the Zimmerman case and they really turn the media attention into a huge farce and make a spectacle of a very serious thing.

What kills me is we have Iraq teetering on civil war, we are still stuck in Afghanistan, Egypt elected government is being over thrown by its military, Syria is in chaos and we might get involved, but yet here is the media just drooling over Zimmerman and Hernandez. The media in this country just drives me insane with what they choose to cover.

They are going to have to definitely move it out of that area.  I do not see how AH can have a fair trial in that area at all, but given the media over saturation of this and this countries obsession with football I do not know if they will really find a group of 12 to be impartial with this. The media eats this juicy trials up like OJ or the Zimmerman case and they really turn the media attention into a huge farce and make a spectacle of a very serious thing.

What kills me is we have Iraq teetering on civil war, we are still stuck in Afghanistan, Egypt elected government is being over thrown by its military, Syria is in chaos and we might get involved, but yet here is the media just drooling over Zimmerman and Hernandez. The media in this country just drives me insane with what they choose to cover.

If the media is not covering these issues then how do you know about them? ;)