Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where is Laron Landry?

BProland85

what is it with you and random videos and pictures. you have to eat more bandwidth than anyone else by far

You don't have to click on them, duh.

I happen to like reading southwest's posts and his videos.

I'm an acquired taste jvan. People either read my commentary, laugh at my humor, or they think I'm more than slightly off balance, but then again there is a fine line between brilliance & insanity too. If you are really that appalled by my behavior, patterns, & idiosyncrasies feel free to put me on your ignore list, as lollygager mentioned, no one forcing you to read, let alone like or believe anything that I write or post.

Not everyone appreciates dark sarcasm jvan. Thankfully, most of my friends do. So sorry to have disturbed you, perplexed you, & ruffled your feathers jvan. BTW, if Nadine & the IT staff felt that I was using excessive amounts of bandwidth & memory that they were uncomfortable with, I would have notified of their concern over it. Thus far, the IT staff seems to be fine with how I navigate, post, communicate, & use the forum. Have I been suspended or issued warning points before? Yes. However, I deserved whatever punishment I received & I have learned to be more polite in my interactions with other bloggers on this site. I also have a good working relationship with all the moderators on here.

My stepmother has a personal phrase that she tends to say frequently & yes even I need to be reminded of it from time to time. What I am about to say is not intended as a personal attack against any specific individual in particular, it's more reminiscent of the saying "don't sweat the small stuff & try not to make mountains out of molehills."

"Get back to me when you have a real problem. Thank you." Have a nice day.

This topic is a two-sided coin really.  What if he had attended the voluntary OTA and somehow injured himself?  Pretty sure then we would be having a reverse conversation in a "Why was LaRon at OTAs?" forum topic.

He is a vet that probably knows by now if he can come in better shape working out by himself or with the team.  And as for building chemisty at least he is in communication with Bethea every day (source: one of Bethea's latest interviews).  He could have just locked himself in the weight room with no communication at all.

This topic is a two-sided coin really.  What if he had attended the voluntary OTA and somehow injured himself?  Pretty sure then we would be having a reverse conversation in a "Why was LaRon at OTAs?" forum topic.

He is a vet that probably knows by now if he can come in better shape working out by himself or with the team.  And as for building chemisty at least he is in communication with Bethea every day (source: one of Bethea's latest interviews).  He could have just locked himself in the weight room with no communication at all.

I'm pretty sure you'd be wrong about that.

Reggie has never played in this offense

contrast? neither reggie nor landry know the 2013 playbook..

Okay, yes every offseason new formations & schemes get inserted on both sides of the ball. No argument there. I will concede that valid point gentlemen. However, until LeRon Landry signed a contract to join our INDY organization during the free agency period, he was not handed a Colts playbook correct? And therefore, Mr. Landry has zero knowledge of the schemes we typically like to run correct?  

Yes, we do have a new special teams coach in Tom McMahon and Pep Hamilton is our new OC, but a sluggo route will always a sluggo route no matter who is calling the plays from the sideline & Reggie Wayne could do that play in his sleep. Will there be a learning curve for both Wayne & Landry? Sure there will be, but Wayne will have a much shorter learning curve than Landry IMO. 

I don't think voluntary stuff involves the play book too much, if at all, I mean you'd think anything that specific would be mandatory. I think these voluntary work outs are just concentrating on basic position drills and workouts.

Another person with too much at stake. Are you serious?

If you think it's okay for a brand new player, on a brand new defense that doesn't know his playbook to not participate at all with his new team during the offseason, then you, my friend, are the one who needs medication. Almost every other player has been here for at least one team activity. Whether it be minicamp or ota's. but not Landry... And that's ok? Oh, yeah, he's in Florida "laroning" which is totally great, but he has no idea about the playbook or anything. And that is NOT okay.

Okay, yes every offseason new formations & schemes get inserted on both sides of the ball. No argument there. I will concede that valid point gentlemen. However, until LeRon Landry signed a contract to join our INDY organization during the free agency period, he was not handed a Colts playbook correct? And therefore, Mr. Landry has zero knowledge of the schemes we typically like to run correct?

Yes, we do have a new special teams coach in Tom McMahon and Pep Hamilton is our new OC, but a sluggo route will always a sluggo route no matter who is calling the plays from the sideline & Reggie Wayne could do that play in his sleep. Will there be a learning curve for both Wayne & Landry? Sure there will be, but Wayne will have a much shorter learning curve than Landry IMO.

i would guess he has a playbook. he played in a similar defence in new york

If you think it's okay for a brand new player, on a brand new defense that doesn't know his playbook to not participate at all with his new team during the offseason, then you, my friend, are the one who needs medication. Almost every other player has been here for at least one team activity. Whether it be minicamp or ota's. but not Landry... And that's ok? Oh, yeah, he's in Florida "laroning" which is totally great, but he has no idea about the playbook or anything. And that is NOT okay.

I'm sure he has a playbook

I don't think voluntary stuff involves the play book too much, if at all, I mean you'd think anything that specific would be mandatory. I think these voluntary work outs are just concentrating on basic position drills and workouts.

Not to be rude but I've seen interviews with the rookies and new players talking about how it's like going back to school, specifically learning the new playbook and terminology

ok, if you put it that way, i really don't have a clue what exact drills are going on in voluntary camps..

but if a same guy says it's an absolute necessity to participate in ota-s (to learn a new playbook) one year and doesn't show up the next year in ota-s (when also a new offensive system is being installed)....      :thinking:       :dunno:

I'm pretty sure you'd be wrong about that.

Just curious to why you think that?

Is it that you don't think someone out there on the forum would ask why he attended? They may not use that exact statement (you got me there) yet I do believe there is a pretty good possibility that someone lives at the intersection of over-reactor to injuries and thinks the safety position doesn't have enough depth? 

Believe there to be someone currently on the over-reactor to injuries street (see "Greg Toler In a Walking Boot" topic).

Side note: I'm not saying that one should be started, just feel that one very well could be started (hopefully we never find that out either way).  Just saying that stranger things have happened on this forum.

Where ever he's at and whatever he's doing. Hopefully it's the same thing he did last offseason. Helped keep him injury free and I'm ok with that. Still plenty of time to come in and bond with the team. Not like he is a rookie. It's the same way edge was in the offseason. It's also not like he's on a one year contract.

Where ever he's at and whatever he's doing. Hopefully it's the same thing he did last offseason. Helped keep him injury free and I'm ok with that. Still plenty of time to come in and bond with the team. Not like he is a rookie. It's the same way edge was in the offseason. It's also not like he's on a one year contract.

http://instagram.com/p/ZoQXn7GkTC/

http://instagram.com/p/ZiuNQaGkYp/

Just curious to why you think that?

Is it that you don't think someone out there on the forum would ask why he attended? They may not use that exact statement (you got me there) yet I do believe there is a pretty good possibility that someone lives at the intersection of over-reactor to injuries and thinks the safety position doesn't have enough depth? 

Believe there to be someone currently on the over-reactor to injuries street (see "Greg Toler In a Walking Boot" topic).

Side note: I'm not saying that one should be started, just feel that one very well could be started (hopefully we never find that out either way).  Just saying that stranger things have happened on this forum.

I see your point from a semantics-POV.

My point was: If anyone would question the decision of a player (whom the coaches and the medical staff deemed eligible for training), to attend an official team training, based on fear of a non-existent injury, he or she is a/an >insert whatever word you deem appropriate for intellectually-challenged individuals<,

Not to be rude but I've seen interviews with the rookies and new players talking about how it's like going back to school, specifically learning the new playbook and terminology

If you say so, I believe it, I was trying to use logic but it doesn't always get you the right answers. Maybe they just go over it again later when it's mandatory? I still believe most of what they do at voluntary workouts are position drills though.