Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacksonville QB News

dw49

Not really news but an early assessment  and maybe premature. But just my opinion that this guy has shone about zero signs of being their answer at QB. I give credit to Cinn and SD , who moved quickly at admitting their mistakes and quickly moving on. Jack can't keep talking about how young Gabbert is and how they need to be patient with him. 

From Roto World...

The Associated Press' Mark Long called Wednesday's OTAs session the "worst day of quarterback play I've witnessed at Jaguars practice in years."

Long's assessment comes one day after he observed Blaine Gabbert "(continuing) to struggle with short passes." In Gabbert's defense, the Jags are installing a new system, but the fact that he still can't even light up practice more than two years after being the No. 10 overall pick is a troubling sign. We'd suspect the Jags pull the plug on the Gabbert experiment early this season, with an eye toward finding his "successor" in the 2014 draft.

bridgewater welcome to the jags

Yup.  I didn't like Gabbert coming out of college and I'm surprised the Jags didn't go after someone to try and salvage the season.  Though maybe they will try to tank and rebuild.  Vince Young is still out there and he can definitely win.  They do have options.  But the fact that they haven't made any moves at QB yet says something

Yup.  I didn't like Gabbert coming out of college and I'm surprised the Jags didn't go after someone to try and salvage the season.  Though maybe they will try to tank and rebuild.  Vince Young is still out there and he can definitely win.  They do have options.  But the fact that they haven't made any moves at QB yet says something

Did you forget they signed Chad Henne last year or do you think Young would be a better prospect ? Not that I think he is their answer at QB , but I think he's a much better option than a guy like Young . By option , I mean until they can draft the QB of the future.

Did you forget they signed Chad Henne last year or do you think Young would be a better prospect ? Not that I think he is their answer at QB , but I think he's a much better option than a guy like Young . By option , I mean until they can draft the QB of the future.

I think Vince is a better QB than Henne

I agree. . . Tim Tebow is better then Gabbert and they won't sign him either.  On top of that they had a chance at Smith at the top of the 2nd and they could have gotten Barkley in the 4th and traded that spot away so the Eagles could get him.  They did everything they could to make sure not to get a competent QB this year.

They are throwing the season to get the #1 pick, that is all there is to it.  

I sort of think the Raiders might be doing that too.  

As a Louisville fan I hate Bridgewater to the Jags. Still colts are number one. Will root against the Jags but cheer on Teddy.

Well I certainly hope that the Jags continue to build around Blaine Gabbert.  Their organization should just continue to be the joke of the NFL.  

I don't think it is fair to say the Jaguars are tanking the season just because they didn't draft one of those average and possibly horrible NFL QBs. They already have one of those. Maybe their HC just believes in Henne. They will be able to make moves next year with higher rated QBs in the Draft or FA if things don't work out as planned this year.