Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post Draft Odds to win Super Bowl 2014

bayone

The Denver Broncos were co-favorites to win the 2013-14 Super Bowl before the 2013 NFL Draft. Now there's a new Number One, standing alone.

The Broncos' Super Bowl odds have dropped

Oddsmakers have been consistent about which two teams they think will appear in Super Bowl XLVIII on February 2, 2014. They just now have a favorite to win it.

The San Francisco 49ers and Denver Broncos will duke it out for the 2013 NFL season's championship in New York this winter, if Vegas has it right. The 49ers are their current favorites, with 6/1 odds to win it all. The Broncos are second, with 15/2 odds to win their third Super Bowl in franchise history. These odds are according toBovada.lv.

What's interesting is that the odds for the 49ers have increased, while the odds for the Broncos have slipped slightly. Less than a week after free agency, the 49ers and Broncos were co-favorites to win Super Bowl XLVIII, with 7/1 odds. So what brought about the change?

In our opinion, it probably doesn't have anything to do with the draft

. It has to do withElvis Dumervil.

These are the first odds Bovada has released since Dumervil's departure later in March.

So while they're called the "post-draft odds", it really isn't the draft that had anything to with the change.

It was a fax machine.

Explain that one to bettors.

Full NFL odds below:  use link for all teams

Odds to win Super Bowl XLVIII

San Francisco 49ers 6/1

Denver Broncos 15/2

New England Patriots 8/1

Seattle Seahawks 9/1

Atlanta Falcons 12/1

Various teams then

Indianapolis Colts 35/1

(( to me SHOULD BE HIGHER  when look at list and teams ahead of them ))

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/5/1/4288518/broncos-super-bowl-odds-have-dropped

Let San Fran get all the media love & distractions that accompany the SB favorites title. It always works out better to be under the radar anyway. I don't trust the Falcons. They haven't shown me toughness & intestinal fortitude yet. The AFC SB candidate will come down to either NE or Denver just like clockwork. The Colts need to win their division first. 

Actually, I'd love to see a Seattle vs Denver SB actually. That would be fascinating. Russell Wilson's elusive mobility vs Peyton Manning robot brain that slices apart secondary's with surgical precision. 

Either that or a Packers Vs Patriots SB. Now, that GB acquired 2 solid RBs in Eddie Lacey & Jonathan Franklin that changes everything in my book. Protect Aaron Rodgers & let the touchdown bullets fly...

I wanna how well well WR Danny Amendola fits in New England's new scheme too. Let's rock-n-roll baby! Yeah!  :rock:

Makes sense. The 49ers look like they'll be even better in '13 and the Broncos will be a solid team and have a favorable schedule.

Let San Fran get all the media love & distractions that accompany the SB favorites title. It always works out better to be under the radar anyway. I don't trust the Falcons. They haven't shown me toughness & intestinal fortitude yet. The AFC SB candidate will come down to either NE or Denver just like clockwork. The Colts need to win their division first. 

Actually, I'd love to see a Seattle vs Denver SB actually. That would be fascinating. Russell Wilson's elusive mobility vs Peyton Manning robot brain that slices apart secondary's with surgical precision. 

to me this is basically even, 1 person spent a buck more on Broncos etc 

As writer noted I agree the Doom Loss is a big issue in odds changing

To be honest, I would give a running team with a QB that can pass like the 49ers, Seahawks, and Redskins higher odds in the NFC once they get to the SB in the outdoor weather of NYJ over a dome team like the Falcons or Saints.

If, for some reason, a dome team like the Falcons or Saints team makes it to the SB, the outdoor AFC team, whether it is Pats, Broncos, Steelers, or Ravens should be favored, IMO. If I am an AFC team fan, that is what I root for to represent the NFC. :)

IMO, never bet on teams with QBs aged 35+ to win it all......it's not impossible but history does not favor it either unless the team likely has a dominant run game and/or defense IMO.

I also read that the average age of the 13 Super Bowl winning QBs before this recent 2013 Super Bowl was 27.8 years too.

Don't forget how tough it is for the Super Bowl LOSER to get back to the big one too.....

Then again I am not sure I could ever count out Jim Harbaugh's boys.....and he probably still thinks the refs cost them too and they really won it. :)

The league will be full of some postseason surprises again next year anyway, as usual.