Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Drake Nevis?

With the addition of Hughes, our defensive line rotation is starting to look a little crowded. I love the motor and passion Nevis has, but he may be a better fit on a 4-3 team. Since he has been injured the last couple of years I am not sure if we could get more than a 2014 5th or 6th rounder, but it might be worth inquiring if there are any interested teams out there.

You know, I think a lot of us are scratching our heads at the unusual amount of D-line acquisitions in free agency and the draft. Obviously we can't carry 10 D-linemen on the 53 man roster........but it makes me wonder what is the plan, is it a pile em' high and sort it out.....or are we going forward running a true hybrid D, which could include up to 5 different D-line player types and we simply now have a couple bodies for each position and want to whittle it down that way?

No matter the thinking, and it will be fun to watch what unfolds and what the thinking is during OTA's, mini- and training camp......in one way, I am kind of glad to see it, we have endured over a decade of dirth at D-line quality....if volume is how you flip that script....I am turning to page two to see how the story goes.

With the addition of Hughes, our defensive line rotation is starting to look a little crowded. I love the motor and passion Nevis has, but he may be a better fit on a 4-3 team. Since he has been injured the last couple of years I am not sure if we could get more than a 2014 5th or 6th rounder, but it might be worth inquiring if there are any interested teams out there.

I'd still trade him to Dallas. They've switched to a Tampa 2 and he's perfect for it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Chad wasnt going to be the franchise savior but we should have started him over Jacoby when he was hurt and played awful
    • If there’s one certainty about the WR corps after this camp, it’s that the new guy doesn’t skip leg day!
    • I don't know how I missed this thread. Matt Ryan won a League MVP and beat Rodgers for the NFC Championship, Foles played fantastic in a SB and beat Tom Brady to get a Ring. Am I missing something about the 'Great' Chad Kelly?
    • I think bringing in competition at QB3 is very valid   We have another vet QB coming in to back up QB1    I’m hoping we can get a future QB2 from the draft or UDFA (maybe this year)    
    • They were making lucky 3's all night. Divincenzo was shooting like Larry Bird. You know what I say, 1 lucky 3 (by them and they had several), deserves another (by us). If we get Game 4 we will win the series because our depth will continue to wear them down. Haliburton outplayed Brunson last night scoring 35, Brunson is getting tired, and they only go 7 deep and OG is out for the series it looks like, we go 10 deep. I don't see Divincenzo shooting like that again either.   As long as the REFS call it fairly, we have a chance. When Nembhard made that 3, Doris Burke sounded like she was hating life. She said in a low voice "so the tide is turning". Everyone outside of INDY wants NY to win because they are a big market, it is comical.    Pacers have now won 15 straight at home and are 4-0 in the Playoffs. What did everyone expect, that NY was just going waltz in here and take our lunch money. Not happening on our turf.
  • Members

• MB-ColtsFan

MB-ColtsFan 2,663

• chad72

chad72 18,335

• 2006Coltsbestever

2006Coltsbestever 41,637

• Archer

Archer 1,784

• PeterBowman

PeterBowman 1,764

• PRnum1