Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dallas has only 16 players graded as 1st round talent

Iron Colt

Polian said 15 guys graded out as first round talent to him and McShay said he had 18 that graded out to that so I don't think Dallas is far off. This is a weak first round which is going to make trading back for a team like the Colts possibly difficult. With that this draft is deeper than drafts in recent memory once you get past round one.

No but he was 22 on their board.

IC..

They may have overthought things.....THEY determined that there were only 16 first rounders in a 32-round draft?

What's a true first rounder..Its an arbitrary designation. Who cares what's a late 1st or early 2nd...??

Everyone says the guy THEY picked was a steal..

Everybody is a genius ...Remember Denver took Tebow....in the 1st round

Dallas drafted a guy NO ONE thought was a first round player..

IC..

They may have overthought things.....THEY determined that there were only 16 first rounders in a 32-round draft?

What's a true first rounder..Its an arbitrary designation. Who cares what's a late 1st or early 2nd...??

Dallas drafted a guy NO ONE thought was a first round player..

none of the draft pundits... but its impossible to know where GM's had him rated

IC..

Dallas drafted a guy NO ONE thought was a first round player..

Of course it's arbitrary....  but that's what scouts do. 

Just saying the top-32 players are all first round players doesn't make sense.    Because maybe they're not.

Not every draft has 32 legitimate first round players.     Just as some drafts might have 35-40 first round players.

You care if someone is a late one or an early two because maybe it's in your interest to trade back and acquire more picks than to take the player earlier than is warranted or needed.     That's how good teams stay good in the draft.

No NCF..sorry

If there are 32 first round picks..then there are 32 first round players..no more..no less

The quality of those 32 changes every year and you can certainly trade for future picks with the thought that the next season's draft is better..But that's not what Dallas did...They took a lesser quality player ans simply CALLED HIM one of the top 32

If you talk yoursefl into overlooking the top 32 players...I think you are outsmarting yourself...

You can fool yourself and team do it every year.  I would suggest that Dallas did Thursday

Frederick to Dallas wasn't a bad pick. It wasn't the home run that Star to Carolina was, but as far as screwy picks go, I don't think that pick is near the top for me. Reminds me a lot of the Zeitler pick for the Bengals where they got punished for it at the time, but he turned out to be good. For power schemes, he's ideal, and he was my #2 G/C (Cooper was my #1).