Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tim Tebow

chadedward

OK I will admit I like the guy but that's not my point. I think it's crazy how he had one of the hottest selling jerseys with the Broncos then Jets now it's marked down to $29.97. From $109.99 to $29.97. 

Sure he probably won't be there next year but that still kind of blows my mind...just a little.

They probably produced a zillion of them. If he isn't on the team (which for all intents and purposes he is not) than why would anyone buy them? It has nothing to do with his popularity. I'm sure that all the "Tebow-heads" are anxiously waiting to find out the next jersey that they need to buy. In that respect the league would probably be happy if he switched teams every other week.

Hey, what do teams do with numerous jerseys that a franchise can't move or sell? Do they donate them to homeless shelters or ship them overseas to poor African children in remote villages like already made SB losing Championship t-shirts?

Haven't the homeless & poor African children suffered enough already? Just Kidding!!!

I will concede that Rex Ryan & the Jets mislead Tim Tebow & they were not truthful in giving Tebow a fair shot at competing for the starting QB job in the Big Apple.

Hey, what do teams do with numerous jerseys that a franchise can't move or sell? Do they donate them to homeless shelters or ship them overseas to poor African children in remote villages like already made SB losing Championship t-shirts?

Haven't the homeless & poor African children suffered enough already? Just Kidding!!!

I will concede that Rex Ryan & the Jets mislead Tim Tebow & they were not truthful in giving Tebow a fair shot at competing for the starting QB job in the Big Apple.

I believe it was their Owner, or GM at the time that forced Tebow onto Rex.

So can't really fault him in that whole train wreck because he never wanted anything to do with Timmy.

So can't really fault him in that whole train wreck because he never wanted anything to do with Timmy.

Yeah, I think you are right on that one House. You kind have to follow the advice of the head honcho who signs your paycheck. No argument there. "He who owns the gold makes the rules." I know all about that.

Yeah, I think you are right on that one House. You kind have to follow the advice of the head honcho who signs your paycheck. No argument there. "He who owns the gold makes the rules." I know all about that.

Yep. And that's not to say Rex is absolved for how he mismanaged the situation he was in, but I'm sure Tebow was not any part of his offseason plans.

:lol: Are you referring to a sympathetic figure in English Literature there as in "Tiny Tim" from Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" House? Is Tebow the 21st Century NFL version of "Tiny Tim?"

"God bless us everyone." lmao Tebow's strong religious beliefs tie in well with this literary example actually. Right on point.

Is Jets owner Woody Johnson "Scrooge" then? Bah humbug? Just Kidding buddy! I couldn't resist that joke. :funny:

:lol: Are you referring to a sympathetic figure in American Literature there as in "Tiny Tim" from Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" House? Is Tebow the 21st Century NFL version of "Tiny Tim?"

"God bless us everyone." lmao

Is Jets owner Woody Johnson "Scrooge" then? Bah humbug? Just Kidding buddy! I couldn't resist that joke. :funny:

Lol my guess is he will soon be like "Oliver Twist"

Meekly telling an NFL team "Please sir, I want some more."

Tim was misled, otherwise he would have gone to Jags for sure. I heard the Jags owner wanted him but Tim chose the Jets. Tim should have gone for home cooking, would have served him well. Gabbert fails, Tim starts, Henne wasn't going to challenge his popularity and he would have gotten a better chance with Jags than with Jets, IMO.

Lol my guess is he will soon be like "Oliver Twist"

Meekly telling an NFL team "Please sir, I want some more."

Shoot, I ran out of likes already! Bummer...5 thumbs up for your brilliant literary retort House... :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:...No, I said retort not tart...Just Kidding! A clever comeback not a "lady of the evening" wink, wink!

We all know Tebow isn't a great throwing qb...but I actually think the Jets would have won more games with him last year after Holmes went down than with Sanchez. They should have just sold out and done what Denver did. Play field position football and run it down teams throats. They had a decent defense. Tebow wouldn't be any worse than several qbs we saw start last year. His offense could have worked with MJD in Jac or with that running game in KC much better than Quinn or Cassell. I just think he could get better if a team committed to him all through training camp and a season..but at this point...with all the bulk he put on to play FB for the Jets last year....he is done now.

The only way for Tebow to be successful is to have a great O-line, great running game, great receivers, and a great defense.

If you had all of that then any half-way decent QB could get you to the playoffs. You wouldn't need an inaccurate, elongated throwing motion, distraction QB to put you over the top. You be winning games 16-15 and would be lucky to reach .500.