Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hopefully This Helps An OG Slide To #24

I know its only one signing but the Bears inked Jags OG Ebon Britton yesterday...and along with OGs Matt Slauson, James Brown and Gabe Carimi, who is being moved inside to guard...will scratch the Bears from drafting Cooper or Warmck should they reach the 20th pick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/16/bears-sign-eben-britton/

There are other teams who may take the two premier OGs before we have a shot at them...but at least this diminishes the chances of the Bears being one of them.

thanks this might help

are the Bears going to play with an unbalanced line with four Starting caliber Gs for 2 spots

Good question....but I doubt they go OG at #20 now.

San Diego, Carolina, Pittsburgh and Dallas remain though in that 10-20 range so I'm still crossing my fingers.

Good question....but I doubt they go OG at #20 now.

San Diego, Carolina, Pittsburgh and Dallas remain though in that 10-20 range so I'm still crossing my fingers.

Beyond the top 10, San Diego, Miami, St. Louis, Dallas, NYG, are the most credible threats to draft Cooper/Warmack.  Both have to make it past the Giants at 19, because you can't see the Rams passing on them twice, and I can't see the Giants passing on either.  I don't see Carolina and Pittsburgh drafting Oline in the first. We need the Rams to draft someone besides Vaccaro (Patterson/Austin?) so that the Cowboys take him.  Then we need to hope a pass rusher falls that the Giants like (Werner fits).  If those events occur, then I like our chances.  

Bills GM Buddy Nix hinted that he won't take a guard with the No. 8 overall pick.

Buffalo lost both Andy Levitre and top backup Chad Rinehart in free agency, leaving them with Colin Brown and Kraig Urbik as starters. But Nix claims that guard is not a need. "Not at all. Not at all. I know people have said we’re taking one of those top two guards. Our roster in house is better than I think we get credit for especially offensive line. We're pretty deep there. We've got six guards and we think a couple of them can play."

Some people had them linked here too

I think if STL drafts their S then they have to go WR if they don't then they are just dumb they have to get Bradford some weapons or they won't go anywhere they didn't get who they wanted last year cause they traded back too far so they better use there brain and draft WR

Beyond the top 10, San Diego, Miami, St. Louis, Dallas, NYG, are the most credible threats to draft Cooper/Warmack.  Both have to make it past the Giants at 19, because you can't see the Rams passing on them twice, and I can't see the Giants passing on either.  I don't see Carolina and Pittsburgh drafting Oline in the first. We need the Rams to draft someone besides Vaccaro (Patterson/Austin?) so that the Cowboys take him.  Then we need to hope a pass rusher falls that the Giants like (Werner fits).  If those events occur, then I like our chances.  

Exactly...hopefully one domino at a time falls in our favor. And I don't completely trust the Titans either...even with the Levitre signing.

Of course a big help would be if Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, and WRs Austin and Patterson can all weasel their way into the Top 20.

Warmack and/or Cooper remain long shots but maybe a surprise or two....or three :)....will help them slide.

Exactly...hopefully one domino at a time falls in our favor. And I don't completely trust the Titans either...even with the Levitre signing.

Of course a big help would be if Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, and WRs Austin and Patterson can all weasel their way into the Top 20.

Warmack and/or Cooper remain long shots but maybe a surprise or two....or three :)....will help them slide.

It is a wildcard draft....gonna sit back and enjoy it next week.  Call me a blind fan, but there is nothing Grigson can do in this draft that I won't like because there are too many scenarios that might prove to work out great if given a chance.  Besides, I like to be happy - more people should give it a chance!

I think they will go somewhere between 14-24 the main problem is once one is taken the other becomes that much more valuable because they are the clear top two guards in the draft I think Cooper will go first because he is the popular hot name but for my money warmack is the best guard in the draft

I think they will go somewhere between 14-24 the main problem is once one is taken the other becomes that much more valuable because they are the clear top two guards in the draft I think Cooper will go first because he is the popular hot name but for my money warmack is the best guard in the draft

Well reasoned.  I'll counter that if the guards go early, Warmack will go first because a team looking for a difference maker worthy of an early draft pick and finding it in an OG is looking to make a big hole for someone to run through.  

IMO Cardinals take Warmack and if the Bills pass on Cooper then have the Chargers taking Cooper. Besides we might be better off taking either center Schwenke former RG or Jones later left guard with better achievements at guard than the one year at center.

Am starting to think trading back with the Bills is our best optionand take WR (Hopkins) with their 2nd unless Patterson falls to us at 24.

IMO Cardinals take Warmack and if the Bills pass on Cooper then have the Chargers taking Cooper. Besides we might be better off taking either center Schwenke former RG or Jones later left guard with better achievements at guard than the one year at center.

Am starting to think trading back with the Bills is our best optionand take WR (Hopkins) with their 2nd unless Patterson falls to us at 24.

Schwenke and jones would be nice, they have versatility on the line. We don't need a center because aq Shipley has the most potential on the team I think, given the chance to keep playing he will get better and better

Schwenke and jones would be nice, they have versatility on the line. We don't need a center because aq Shipley has the most potential on the team I think, given the chance to keep playing he will get better and better

Shipley as we have discussed is stronger than Schwenke......as you say both Jones and Schwenke have played a lot of guard...I like the versatility as well....

AND BEFORE anyone says it....who cares if Shipley has short arms??????  Saturday was the dough boy!  Satele....trade him/cut him...cut your only mistakes Grigs...you can make a mistake once in awhile...just admit it and move on!  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:

Schwenke benched more than Jones and ran faster in the 40. Also have noticed Jones drop from #1 to #3 post injury. Both players were nationally recognized as top guards before moving to center this past year. Just an option to keep in mind and would give us another player(s) we could move to center if needed due to injuries or poor play.

If I understood point system for trades IMO our best trade might be to trade our #24 to the Bills for their second and third round picks plus their 6th round either this year or next. Depending on whom the Panthers take with their second round pick we may be leveraged to take Schwenke in early third using the Bills spot. Will assume Packers take Frederick in round 2.

I don't know, I just have a feeling Cooper falls to us.  

He'd be an attractive prospect if he's still on the board.  Our 2 weakest points on the field at this point are Guard and Center and everyone seems to think he could play both.

I hope you're right, Cooper's a great prospect. If he's there when we pick, I don't even want us to play around with the full time allotment. Draft him ASAP, be psyched, and hope the 3rd rounder works out just as well. :rock:

i want to trade up for cooper/warmack, give a pick for next year

I love your "top 3 picks" avatar!!!!  Welcome to the forum......Oh to have Cooper.....:)  I bet this guy has his eyes open.....for trade backs/ups....BPAs...lets go Colts!!!   :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

Colts-new-GM-Grigson-vows-to-right-ship-

I love your "top 3 picks" avatar!!!!  Welcome to the forum......Oh to have Cooper..... :)  I bet this guy has his eyes open.....for trade backs/ups....BPAs...lets go Colts!!!   :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

Colts-new-GM-Grigson-vows-to-right-ship-

thanks man and in grigson we trust!!!