Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff George or Matt Schaub?

jshipp23

I forgot more about football than you will ever know...I put some stuff on here just to hear the Madden video game football experts like you cry and act like you actually know something..Some stuff is serious some is strictly entertainment....You should put up a thread or provide some insight so we can see your expert football acumen. If a thread doesn't interest me I don't bother to go on it....You should try that.

Lolz....awwww the guy that trys to flex on the internet is mad. Good job on using dictionary.com to look up acumen though.

But he has 500 posts and he joined March 31!! LOL

Internet gangstaS....lmao...I don't need a dictionary and I don't need to look up stats on my iphone and cross-reference everyone's post like some...I go by what I think and actually form my own opinion instead of just parroting what Kiper or Mcshay say..Thought you were gonna use the ignore application??? Yes, I choose not to hide behind an avatar like some as they eat their hot pockets when it's not their turn playing pokemon or dungeons and dragons with their expert friends..Glad you were so concerned with me that you had to investigate when I joined and how many posts I've made....

Internet gangstaS.... lmao...I don't need a dictionary and I don't need to look up stats on my iphone and cross-reference everyone's post like some...I go by what I think and actually form my own opinion instead of just parroting what Kiper or Mcshay say..Thought you were gonna use the ignore application??? Yes, I choose not to hide behind an avatar like some as they eat their hot pockets when it's not their turn playing pokemon or dungeons and dragons with their expert friends..Glad you were so concerned with me that you had to investigate when I joined and how many posts I've made....

I went to your profile to see if I could find the ignore button so I could stop having to skim over your 500 garbage posts.

Quality > Quantity. Google that.

Hot pockets are delicious btw. Now you may scurry back to your Magic the Gathering game lolz.

I went to your profile to see if I could find the ignore button so I could stop having to skim over your 500 garbage posts.

Quality > Quantity. Google that.

Hot pockets are delicious btw. Now you may scurry back to your Magic the Gathering game lolz.

I'm done wasting my time on posts like these..It was entertaining for awhile and now it's aggravating..Unless you want to debate football or have something of value to say just do yourself a favor and don't waste your time.

• 2 months later...

I'm talking there early days in Indy and the transition here, and I'm not saying he was great or lived up to the hype at all, but he did have 4 or 5 good years and if they were both rookies I'd still take George that is how highly I think of Matt Schaub..Akili Smith, Tim Couch, JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf never had 1 good year and were much bigger busts...George actually hung around for 13 NFL seasons as well, so you really can't say he was a complete bust..He was a bust here of course much like Donald Brown is today..

Tim Couch wasn't a bust at all, at least not in the normal use of the word.  He had 4 very good seasons with an expansion team, actually taking them to the playoffs in their 4th year, but was sidetracked due to a string of devastating injuries.  His career was ruined because he was chosen 1st by an expansion team that didn't invest in an offensive line to protect their franchise QB.  Couch was sacked 117 times in his first 3 seasons (an amazing 10.9% of the times he dropped back to pass), and they ended up getting him seriously injured (3 separate times).  First, he had a broken thumb and missed half of his 2nd year.  Then he had a broken leg in the final regular season game of the season that he led them to the playoffs (a season that included 5 comeback wins in the final 2 minutes).  Third, he had a rotator cuff injury that he was never able to recover from.  Few quarterbacks ever come back from a serious rotator cuff injury, and Couch was no different.  He had multiple surgeries to try and make it work, but he just never could get his arm strength back where it was prior to the injury.  He was well on his way to being a solid NFL starter for over a decade until his injury, and would probably still be playing today had it not happened.  Sorry for the rant, but I just had to defend my bro Tim.  He is somehow lumped in with Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, and JaMarcus Russell in many people's minds, but nothing could be further from the truth.  He was an extremely smart, talented, and hard working QB who had the bad luck of a devastating injury.  That is a far cry from those other QB's who were flops from day 1 and never did anything on the pro level.  Couch took an expansion team to the playoffs in only 4 seasons.  That might be an NFL record, but I'm not sure of that.

lmao...If you can't tell when I'm serious or not that's your fault...I'm 10 steps ahead of you jvan...If you don't get the fact that I put up stuff that is gonna get a backlash and then defend it for my entertainment than I'm sorry your so oblivious..When I'm serious about something I'm serious..Sometimes I want to debate to just debate and I put up a thread and debate it knowing the numbers won't be in my favor...I don't simply just go yeah nice post or good point or say something no one cares about...The only reason I even recognize you is you try to insult me which goes to your intellect, if not for that I wouldn't remember a single point or thing you had to say....Now some people actually do have football knowledge and I respect their points and actually learn or see things in a different light even if I don't agree...Just keep reading and hiding in the shadows behind your avatar unless you have something of substance to say...

Um, no it would be your fault.  It's your responsibility in written communication to convey your intent, whether serious or joking.  If you are misunderstood then chances are it's your own fault, unless you post something like:

"Andrew Luck threw too many interceptions, he sucks!   /just kidding"

In that case, if someone still takes you seriously then it's their fault.  If you posted the same comment without the "/just kidding" then it's your own fault.  ;)

If you HAD to pick 1 as a ROOKIE to start you franchise with who would it be???

Jeff George. Great arm. Then I would try to surround him with very good receivers and linemen. I would like to have seen him play for a really good team.

Career stats JEFF GEORGE-27,602 YARDS, 154 TD-113 INT....MATT SCHAUB-21,944 YARDS, 120 TD-70 INT...Pretty close if you ask me, and the point is if you took either as a rookie now and had the coaches and team in place...George sucked here I fully admit, but we were a trainwreck as a franchise back then. We had a few decent seasons with Tobin as the GM, but it really didn't turn around till we brought Polian in and drafted Peyton. I think a lot of great talents get wasted when they end up in bad poorly run franchises. That is almost just as important as talent.

And Schaub played in the passing era and for much better teams.

lmao...If you can't tell when I'm serious or not that's your fault...I'm 10 steps ahead of you jvan...If you don't get the fact that I put up stuff that is gonna get a backlash and then defend it for my entertainment than I'm sorry your so oblivious..When I'm serious about something I'm serious..Sometimes I want to debate to just debate and I put up a thread and debate it knowing the numbers won't be in my favor...I don't simply just go yeah nice post or good point or say something no one cares about...The only reason I even recognize you is you try to insult me which goes to your intellect, if not for that I wouldn't remember a single point or thing you had to say....Now some people actually do have football knowledge and I respect their points and actually learn or see things in a different light even if I don't agree...Just keep reading and hiding in the shadows behind your avatar unless you have something of substance to say...

So from what I'm gathering you are basically saying that you are Skip bayless behind that avatar? That's what I'm gathering at least.

Jeff George allll day! Still the best arm I have seen, and with a different environment and better coaching who knows what would have happened..

Only problem was,his head was much much bigger than his arm :thmup: Imo he was uncoachable .Not at all meant as a slam on you just saying what I see.

Tim Couch wasn't a bust at all, at least not in the normal use of the word.  He had 4 very good seasons with an expansion team, actually taking them to the playoffs in their 4th year, but was sidetracked due to a string of devastating injuries.  His career was ruined because he was chosen 1st by an expansion team that didn't invest in an offensive line to protect their franchise QB.  Couch was sacked 117 times in his first 3 seasons (an amazing 10.9% of the times he dropped back to pass), and they ended up getting him seriously injured (3 separate times).  First, he had a broken thumb and missed half of his 2nd year.  Then he had a broken leg in the final regular season game of the season that he led them to the playoffs (a season that included 5 comeback wins in the final 2 minutes).  Third, he had a rotator cuff injury that he was never able to recover from.  Few quarterbacks ever come back from a serious rotator cuff injury, and Couch was no different.  He had multiple surgeries to try and make it work, but he just never could get his arm strength back where it was prior to the injury.  He was well on his way to being a solid NFL starter for over a decade until his injury, and would probably still be playing today had it not happened.  Sorry for the rant, but I just had to defend my bro Tim.  He is somehow lumped in with Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, and JaMarcus Russell in many people's minds, but nothing could be further from the truth.  He was an extremely smart, talented, and hard working QB who had the bad luck of a devastating injury.  That is a far cry from those other QB's who were flops from day 1 and never did anything on the pro level.  Couch took an expansion team to the playoffs in only 4 seasons.  That might be an NFL record, but I'm not sure of that.

What's with the large print? Do you think we all have bad eyesight?