Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I would be happy with:

After looking at this draft and reading the passionate thoughts on the topic, and looking what I think is important (not that my opinion matters.......)

Number one priority.....

We need a RG from this draft

This MAY come from our spot in round 3

I believe one strategy may be to package picks to try to get back into the 2nd round with later picks

And getting a guard there. ( keeping our current 1st) OR...... Trading around to get two seconds

So my thought is this

Get a starting guard.....

Then

I would be happy with ANY of the following

Hopkins OR Keenan Allen, OR Jesse Williams, OR Dante Jones, OR Jarvis Jones, OR, Xavier, or Justin Hunter, and for our resident argument starter...... Yes even Lacy.(if we were to somehow get 2 2nd rounders)

There is a legitimate case to be made for each of these players

My life will not end if we were not get my choices...... This is a game and this is an opinion board......

It don't matter so much!

Well have a great day Colts fans...... Enjoy the family......

We could get 2 decent players with 2 2nd round picks

Warford and possibly 1/4 of the list I mentioned COULD be available

I think Warford is Exactly what we need, just not a round 1 pick

Winters may also be a possibility

I have trouble seeing Grigson as fixated on RG as the pivot point of his draft strategy as we are.  I think he is going to do his Christmas shopping with an eye toward the notion that Brandon Moore is still on the market if his board doesn't fall the way he wants it to.  I suspect Moore is reluctant to take less than starter money before the draft for the same reason.

I have trouble seeing Grigson as fixated on RG as the pivot point of his draft strategy as we are.  I think he is going to do his Christmas shopping with an eye toward the notion that Brandon Moore is still on the market if his board doesn't fall the way he wants it to.  I suspect Moore is reluctant to take less than starter money before the draft for the same reason.

I wouldn't say fixated but it still does need to be addressed, Im not as high on Warford as some are so if Cooper was gone and Warford was there as a fringe 1st round pick I'd pass on him and draft any of the following over him:

Damontre Moore

Bjoern Werner

Jarvis Jones

Jesse Williams

Cornellius Carradine

Datone Jones

Jamar Taylor (violent press Corner, loose hips but sometimes will drop picks that he should get)

Cordarelle Patterson

Or I would trade down if by wild chance all of those players are off the board 

Then again if Cooper is there I dont think we can or should pass that up but any one of those players I'd be happy with

(out of those that I think will realistically be there)

I would love to just pull the trigger on Brandon Moore..... Then we are fully BPA.......

Or........ Trade some of our picks to improve next years team

We're fully BPA as is.  I'd be shocked if Grigson doesn't expect to exit the draft with a starter on the interior of the O line in the 3rd or 4th rd. No reason to put another stop gap on the roster until you know what you need after the draft.  I also think that between Reitz, Anderson, Ijalana, Link and maybe even Sowell, that he likes the potential for a player to emerge at RG from the current roster.  B. Moore comes into the picture after all that, just like Freeney will for teams that don't get the pass rusher they hope to. Notice that McGlynn is not listed.  I'd be surprised if he makes the team as silly as that may seem.  McGlynn isn't expensive but he costs too much for relative value and that only has one typical outcome in the NFL.  

I don't know about Margus......

If you think about it......1/4 of his pro career is already gone.

AND ......... He is a bit of a raw project type player........

He may be hitting his stride by age 29 or 30...,,...

Too many factors

Patterson, Jones OLB, Jones DE, Lacy RB (1st)

Swearinger FS, Bostic OLB, Rogers WR, Schwenke C/G (3rd)

Bell RB, Gillislee RB, Winters G, Pugh G, Bailey G or Kruger DE (4th)

Armstead OT (6th)

Hansen C (7th)

Nealy DE (7th)

*McCalebb RB

*Ray Ray Armstrong FS/SpecTeams

*Juscyzck FB/Spec Teams

You might even have to give up a 1 and a 3....

And I don't think I'd be happy with that.....

On the points scale,  a 1 and a 4 doesn't quite cut it....

I guess it depends on which chart you're looking at. The scenario for 2 #2s usually is suggested as a trade with Miami or SF. With Miami it would be for the #42 and #54 (for #24 and #121). 740 + 52 vs. 480 + 360 (792 vs. 820). I'd rather see the #24 for a high-mid #2 and high-mid #3.

If at least two of the QB's gone by pick 24 then maybe the Colts can....

Trade pick 24 value = 740 to Philly for picks for picks 35(2) & 67(3) value = 805, Philly might pay the 65 point premium for the guy(QB) they want?

Trade pick 35 value = 550 to Buffalo for picks 41(2) & 105(4) value = 574, Maybe that gets them Nassib?

So the Colts would end up with picks

105, 121

X

230, 254

This scenario is on the far fetched side but it would get the Colts two picks that the Colts gave up for Vontae and TY, the trade off being they have to drop down 17 spots before they even get going.