Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bucs willing to give up a 1st round pick for Revis; Jets want "a lot more".

Dustin

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/08/bucs-willing-to-give-a-2013-first-rounder-for-revis-jets-want-a-lot-more/

Multiple sources with knowledge of the situation tell PFT that the Buccaneers are willing to send the 13th overall pick in the 2013 draft to the Jets for Revis.  The Jets, however, want “a lot more” than this year’s first-round pick, we’re told.

He is a locker room cancer anyways, it's all about the $$$ all the time with him..It seems like every year he is holding out or complaining...I really wish they would have ste a max player salary like the NBA did to get this under control...No way a CB is worth 15 Million which is what the max really should be and that should be reserved for elite QB's...I can see the owners locking out again, look at the Packers paying 25Million to rodgers and 13 Million to Mathews, that is way to much for 2 players..

He is a locker room cancer anyways, it's all about the $$$ all the time with him..It seems like every year he is holding out or complaining...I really wish they would have ste a max player salary like the NBA did to get this under control...No way a CB is worth 15 Million which is what the max really should be and that should be reserved for elite QB's...I can see the owners locking out again, look at the Packers paying 25Million to rodgers and 13 Million to Mathews, that is way to much for 2 players..

He's only held out once.

he is always threatening to and unhappy it seems like.

Meh, there's never been complaint about being a team distraction though. Dude just wants to get a long-term contract. I think calling him a locker room cancer is a little harsh. TO is a locker room cancer. Revis is a quiet, hard-working guy who just wants to get paid like the best DB in the league.

And the Packers only have themselves to blame for that.  Hopefully the union never agrees to cap the salaries because its not the players job to protect the owners and GMs for themselves.  If a team is dumb enough to pay a corner 15 million that is their own fault. A player should get as much as he can as often as he can.

I would hold out for more if I was the Jets to.  What Revis allows a defense to do is not really replicated by most corners.  There are maybe 2-3 corners that shuts down half the field like Revis does.  It opens up the defense to do so much with the number one WR shut down.

The Jets want more, but pretty much everyone knows they will have to take the best offer they can get. Otherwise, Revis plays out his last year and walks next season for a compensatory pick.

The Bucs have some leverage. So do the Jets, but... the odds of Revis playing in green-and-white next year are slim.