Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dustin's Mock Draft 3.0 + Roster

Trade pick 1 (24) to San Francisco for 2(34) and 3(74)

2- Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss

3- Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennesse Tech

3- Barrett Jones, OG/C/OT, Alabama

4- Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford

5- Chris Faulk, OT, LSU

7- Ray Ray Armstrong, S, Miami

7- BPA

Roster: 

QB: Luck, Hasselbeck

RB: Ballard, Taylor, Brown

WR: Wayne, Rogers, Hilton, DHB

TE: Fleener, Allen

LT: Castanzo, Faulk

LG: Thomas (I think this is the guard spot Thomas will play. Could be wrong), Reitz

C: Satele, Shipley

RG: Jones, McGlynn

RT: Cherilus, Faulk

DE: RJF, Moala

NT: Franklin, Chapman

DE: Redding, Guy

ILB: Freeman, Conner

OLB: Mathis, Collins

OLB: Walden, Sidbury

CB: Davis, Toler

FS: Bethea, Armstrong

SS: Landry, Lefeged

P: McAfee

K: AV

PR: Hilton

KR: ?

1.Jonathan Cooper or best pass rusher available or Xavier Rhodes (one big name will drop, Im hoping Damontre Moore or Bjoern Werner)

3.Travis Frederick(I dont think he makes it to the bottom of the 3rd) or Brian Winters or Jaime Collins

4.D.J. Hayden or Kwame Geathers (I am not  thrilled with Mckinney) or Aaron Mellete or Travis Long

6.Emory Blake 

7.Robert Lester or Brandan Bishop

7.Joe Vellano

1.Jonathan Cooper or best pass rusher available or Xavier Rhodes (one big name will drop, Im hoping Damontre Moore or Bjoern Werner)

3.Travis Frederick(I dont think he makes it to the bottom of the 3rd) or Brian Winters or Jaime Collins

4.D.J. Hayden or Kwame Geathers (I am not  thrilled with Mckinney) or Aaron Mellete or Travis Long

6.Emory Blake 

7.Robert Lester or Brandan Bishop

7.Joe Vellano

I usually love your picks Gavin, and for the most part I like this mock, however Emory has some problems that I just don't want in anywhere near the colts locker room. Otherwise a good mock! especially Joe in the 7th, he could be a beast!

I usually love your picks Gavin, and for the most part I like this mock, however Emory has some problems that I just don't want in anywhere near the colts locker room. Otherwise a good mock! especially Joe in the 7th, he could be a beast!

Ah, wasn't aware he had problems in the locker room

Killer Mock, Dustin... Scheme fits and some real talent...

I think Rogers has the potential to be that future #1 that we need...

Taylor would be familiar with the terminology on Offense and can catch the ball out of the backfield..

Collins would fill that rush OLB need and hopefully be the guy to take over for Mathis in a couple seasons

Jones has great leadership qualities, but I'd think they'd be best put to use at C... If we are looking for a pure G, I might look elsewhere, but it would depend on who is available... I'd love a guy like Jones on the roster in some capacity. He's a guy that seems to fit the culture the F.O. is trying to build around here...

What is funny, though... (not to take anything away from your mock, which is great) is that since we have filled so many huge holes on the roster through FA,.. everybody's mocks are looking better...

its almost all gravy until we actually see the team in action and can gauge chemistry, talent , and injury issues to assess needs for 2014.....

crazy how we are taking a leap of faith again this season with regard to personnel decisions.... had last year not worked out so well, many more of us might be livid about not getting Jake Long or Mike Wallace... Parity... its what makes football soooooo much more interesting than basketball and baseball (at the pro level)

Trade pick 1 (24) to San Francisco for 2(34) and 3(74)

2- Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss

3- Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennesse Tech

3- Barrett Jones, OG/C/OT, Alabama

4- Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford

5- Chris Faulk, OT, LSU

7- Ray Ray Armstrong, S, Miami

7- BPA

Roster: 

QB: Luck, Hasselbeck

RB: Ballard, Taylor, Brown

WR: Wayne, Rogers, Hilton, DHB

TE: Fleener, Allen

LT: Castanzo, Faulk

LG: Thomas (I think this is the guard spot Thomas will play. Could be wrong), Reitz

C: Satele, Shipley

RG: Jones, McGlynn

RT: Cherilus, Faulk

DE: RJF, Moala

NT: Franklin, Chapman

DE: Redding, Guy

ILB: Freeman, Conner

OLB: Mathis, Collins

OLB: Walden, Sidbury

CB: Davis, Toler

FS: Bethea, Armstrong

SS: Landry, Lefeged

P: McAfee

K: AV

PR: Hilton

KR: ?

I don't see SF making that trade, who do they need that they wouldn't get in the second? A corner maybe.

I like your picks though. Particularly, Barrett Jones and Jamie Collins. I think we might have to take Barrett in the second though. I think he could go.

I would bottle this mock....and if it was not Sunday I believe I would take it to the bank for safe keeping :)

Above, I actually like Frederick better than Jones as well.  I liked Frederick at 336 more than 312 for US.  If he or the team that drafts him wants him at center....312 works.  Like that extra 24 lbs at guard.   :thmup:

I don't like the idea of trading back at all were basically taking a player that is less talented then the guy we can get in the 1st round. Our 1st pick should be a player that has the potential to be great for a decade players like Jarvis Jones,Werner,Rhodes,or Moore. Collins is a good player but just doesn't have the potential or upside of those guys.