Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coltsguy510 Mock Draft

Trade 1st to San Francisco for their early 2nd, late 3rd, and late 4th.

2. DE Datone Jones: Jones has good intangibles, is very quick and has active hands. He had great production at the 5-tech spot with 62 tackles, 19 TFL's and 6.5 sacks. He is a leader and puts a lot of time into the weight room and studying tape. I would love for him to be a part of the organization to become a replacement for Redding and maybe develop into a Justin Smith type player.

NO way you get that much for our 1st. 

Agreed....

But I do think we can get the 2/3/5....   and I'd be happy with that....   that would fill that need we have since we don't have a 5....

Those 3 for our 1 would work for me.    Hope it works for Indy/SF too....

But hey....   I'd be thrilled to be wrong and to get a 2/3/4....   I just don't see that happening for picks listed....

Trade 1st to San Francisco for their early 2nd, late 3rd, and late 4th.

2. DE Datone Jones: Jones has good intangibles, is very quick and has active hands. He had great production at the 5-tech spot with 62 tackles, 19 TFL's and 6.5 sacks. He is a leader and puts a lot of time into the weight room and studying tape. I would love for him to be a part of the organization to become a replacement for Redding and maybe develop into a Justin Smith type player.

3a. CB/S/KR Tyrann Mathieu: Mathieu is simply a playmaker. He is all over the field and causes turnovers everywhere. He has made many mistakes in the past, but I think he is sincere in the fact that he wants to get better and stay out of trouble. I would love having a player like him on the field and that's why he's worth the risk.

3b. C/OG Barrett Jones: Jones is simply a player you want to represent your team. He is one of the most high character and smart players in this draft. He has very good technique and can read blitzes better than anyone. His leadership at the position is unparalleled in the draft. I see Luck and Jones forming a Manning and Saturday-like bond as they play with each other.

4a. OG Brian Winters: Winters is one of the most underrated players in the draft. He is an all around blocker, solid in both pass and run blocking. Was a wrestler in high school, so he knows how to use his hands to gain an advantage. He is also a very good pulling guard. He would be the finishing piece for our offensive line.

4b. CB Logan Ryan: Ryan is a strong physical corner that is made for a press scheme. He will come up and jam the receiver and is great in run support. He could be a #2 corner for us, but he will probably be the #3 corner.

6. WR Aaron Mellette: Mellette is a good route runner with strong hands. He would be a good replacement for Collie. He has good size at 6-3, 220 pounds. Has never had any serious injuries to be concerned about.

7a. SS Ray Ray Armstrong: Armstrong is a very hard hitter, who has amazing talent, but has fallen off the radar due to off the field issues. I would love to get him, due to him being so talented. He has great size for the position and good speed. He has the potential to maybe start for us one day.

7b. K Dustin Hopkins: Future replacement for Vinatieri. Could be a future All Pro.

Roster:

QB: Luck, Hasselbeck

RB: Ballard, Brown, Carter

FB: Havili

WR: Wayne, Hilton, Mellette, DHB, Brazill

TE: Fleener, Allen, Saunders

LT: Castanzo, Sowell

LG: Thomas, Reitz

C: Jones, Satele, Shipley

RG: Winters, Ijalana, McGlynn

RT: Cherilus, Sowell

DE: RJF, Moala, Nevis

NT: Franklin, Chapman

DE: Redding, Jones, Guy, Mathews

ILB: Freeman, Conner, Angerer

OLB: Mathis, Hughes

OLB: Walden, Sidbury

NB: Butler, Mathieu

CB: Davis, Toler, Ryan

FS: Bethea, Armstrong, Mathieu

SS: Landry, Lefeged, Mathieu

P: McAfee

K: AV, Hopkins

PR: Hilton

KR: Mathieu

PS:

Gordy

1.Dont like the Datone Jones pick, we need a pass rusher and there is just to many to many very good to great ones to pass up to trade down to just add depth on D Line, is he good? of course but he would just be depth for a while in Indy, Rather keep the 1st round pick and draft a pass rusher or Cooper if available or Rhodes

3.Not touching Mathieu, 5'9" 186lbs of nickel corner, we dont need one of those. we need another starter, if Cooper is gone Winters, Long, Jones or Frederick is our man 

4.D.J Hayden because I doubt Winters sniffs the bottom of the 4th, Although Hayden may not either in which case Aaron Mellete or Travis Long, Hayden has the potential to compete for #1 and push Vontae or at the very least solidifies our #2 spot

6.Cory Fuller or Conner Vernon or Baker Steinkuhler

7.Joe Vellano

7.Brandan Bishop

Even though I like the mock and would be very happy if this really did happen, I would rather spend our second on any number of pass rushing OLB's, and I also believe it might be too good to be true.

Daone Jones is a great pass rusher at the DE spot and would create even more mayhem for opposing offenses.

Dont think we will get 3 picks for 1 pick, if you trade down a few spots, and we get a SF late first round pick, they will probably give one 4th rounder, maybe one 3rd rounder.  I don't think you get a 3 and 4, or a 3 and 5, out of them.