Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Erik Walden

danlhart87

I'm with you I actually really like Walden I think he will be real good for us plus he looks like a beast lol

I like him too, and I think we will find out if we over-paid.  I think he is under-rated as a pass rusher.  He had 3 sacks in a game he replaced Matthews if I am not mistaken....I have slept since then :)

Grigson appears to have done a good job protecting the Colts in the 1st/2nd year of contracts if some of our 'unknown commodities' fail.  

I think what I like about Walden is he has a great motor.  Looking forward to Pags firing the boy up.  6'2" 250....I want my eye test on him....not hearsay.  Don't you wish we had Grigson's film to study?  :)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like him too, and I think we will find out if we over-paid.  I think he is under-rated as a pass rusher.  He had 3 sacks in a game he replaced Matthews if I am not mistaken....I have slept since then :)

Grigson appears to have done a good job protecting the Colts in the 1st/2nd year of contracts if some of our 'unknown commodities' fail.  

I think what I like about Walden is he has a great motor.  Looking forward to Pags firing the boy up.  6'2" 250....I want my eye test on him....not hearsay.  Don't you wish we had Grigson's film to study?   :)

3 sacks in one game?!? That's how many he had on the season.

Is Kruger better? I don't know, given the limit if opportunity Walden had at GB, and given the limit of anything resembling decent play from Kruger. But let's go with your premise, as if it actually has legs, anyway.

Kruger is going to average twice as much salary as Walden. Can you show any way that he is guaranteed to provide twice as much value through production on the field? I surely do not.

I'd rather have Walden, and the opportunity to fill other hole(s).

Im not even really sure how to respond to this post, Its that far off in my opinion(which means very little I know), But Ill do my best., Kruger has played in 51 games in his career (starting 7....yes 7) and has 15.5 sacks, as many interceptions as Walden and has 13 more pass deflections, while Walden has played in 68 (starting 26)games and has only 9 sacks, Walden does have 154 tackles over that span but he should have that may starting 26 games and playing in 68 total

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 8, 2013 - personal argument/shots
Hidden by Nadine, April 8, 2013 - personal argument/shots

Oh really? And what would those sources be?

If the Redskins signed Walden to a 4yr $16 million deal we'd all be laughing at them. Instead it's "Oh well he's not overpaid he's a total steal!"

Reading is fundamental.

Go back through the thread. Several posters have already listed sources... even provided links.

Oh really? And what would those sources be?

If the Redskins signed Walden to a 4yr $16 million deal we'd all be laughing at them. Instead it's "Oh well he's not overpaid he's a total steal!"

I think I've asked you at least twice and you've yet to answer - if you know we've overpaid for him then how much should we have paid?

If you just don't like him as a player, I get that. But if you know his true value, let us in on it.

I think I've asked you at least twice and you've yet to answer - if you know we've overpaid for him then how much should we have paid?

If you just don't like him as a player, I get that. But if you know his true value, let us in on it.

I obviously don't know what other were offering. I wouldn't give him more than 2 million a year.

3 sacks in one game?!? That's how many he had on the season.

It was one game...he had 16 tackles and was defensive player of the week.  I will look for it.

I feel in the right scheme this does say something about him...

Of course, Cassius....'I get burned like molasses' Vaughn had 1 good game to and I fry him with regularity....

As most of you know, I am an equal opportunity critic....I will tell ya if you play well or you suck like a Hoover!

Hoover_vacuum_ad_by_didism.jpg

Reading is fundamental.

Go back through the thread. Several posters have already listed sources... even provided links.

haha Yeah, I must be an *, not looking at other people's post for a "source" talked about in your post. Good job, man!

I like him too, and I think we will find out if we over-paid. I think he is under-rated as a pass rusher. He had 3 sacks in a game he replaced Matthews if I am not mistaken....I have slept since then :)

Grigson appears to have done a good job protecting the Colts in the 1st/2nd year of contracts if some of our 'unknown commodities' fail.

I think what I like about Walden is he has a great motor. Looking forward to Pags firing the boy up. 6'2" 250....I want my eye test on him....not hearsay. Don't you wish we had Grigson's film to study? :)

Yeah lol would love to watch it I also think Walden will surprise with his pass rush too if he does I think it's just a bonus haha

Im not even really sure how to respond to this post, Its that far off in my opinion(which means very little I know), But Ill do my best., Kruger has played in 51 games in his career (starting 7....yes 7) and has 15.5 sacks, as many interceptions as Walden and has 13 more pass deflections, while Walden has played in 68 (starting 26)games and has only 9 sacks, Walden does have 154 tackles over that span but he should have that may starting 26 games and playing in 68 total

. I suppose I'm wrong, but I was of the impression Kruger's role was as pass rusher, and Walden's was to set the edge. Shouldn't their stats be different by default?

haha Yeah, I must be an *, not looking at other people's post for a "source" talked about in your post. Good job, man!

You are a hoot. You ignore it when people have disputed your "facts", and chastise people for calling you out on it. Better than actually finding support for your case or acknowledging that you are wrong, I guess.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 8, 2013 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, April 8, 2013 - personal shot

You are a hoot. You ignore it when people have disputed your "facts", and chastise people for calling you out on it. Better than actually finding support for your case or acknowledging that you are wrong, I guess.

haha

Okay bud, sure.

You disputed my "facts" with none yourself. How about you find support for you own case, you hypocrite?

I like him too, and I think we will find out if we over-paid. I think he is under-rated as a pass rusher. He had 3 sacks in a game he replaced Matthews if I am not mistaken....I have slept since then :)

Grigson appears to have done a good job protecting the Colts in the 1st/2nd year of contracts if some of our 'unknown commodities' fail.

I think what I like about Walden is he has a great motor. Looking forward to Pags firing the boy up. 6'2" 250....I want my eye test on him....not hearsay. Don't you wish we had Grigson's film to study? :)

You are also correct he had 3 sacks and 16 tackles in a game against the Chicago Bears and was the NFC player of the week the game was January 2 2011

Correction it was only 2 sacks but yes was player of the week

I obviously don't know what other were offering. I wouldn't give him more than 2 million a year.

Fair enough. I don't know what others offered him either, or why Grigs thinks he's worth what he gave him.

However, if we paid him $2 or $4M and he stinks, we overpaid. By the same token, if he has a great year then we may have underpaid.

Point being, we won't know until he actually plays. I know you disagree, that's what these forums are for.

. I suppose I'm wrong, but I was of the impression Kruger's role was as pass rusher, and Walden's was to set the edge. Shouldn't their stats be different by default?

they played the same role at there former teams, both did there fair share of dropping back as well as pass rushing, I dont have an exact number on how much each of them rushed but safe to say it was the majority of snaps on both accounts.

haha

Okay bud, sure.

You disputed my "facts" with none yourself. How about you find support for you own case, you hypocrite?

I'm not worried about disputing your facts. I'm asking you to do what you called out another poster for... Show some logic and prove your assertions. All you are doing is bashing people who challenge you.

where'd ya get that number (I dont have any numbers like that0

PFF: 

His pass rushing was pitiful, turning his 369 pass rushes into just 23 quarterback disruptions, while blowing contain on a number of occasions in the run game. Packers fans are united in being the most happy about this move.

sure he is if your wanting less production, Kruger is by far the better player, I freely admit if Walden can give me 100 tackles and just double the amount of sacks he had last year(3) then I'll eat all kinds of crow, until then Im just happy that Grigson added that little stipulation about Waldens base salary(for 2014) being gauranteed not until the 5th day of the 2014 league year, Im rooting like heck for the guy but I feel we overpaid for a guy thats going to be in a rotation in terms of the actual contract itself and not the stipulation. I will say Walden does appear to be maybe a little bit stronger then Jerry in containment but thats splitting hairs at best, anyone could point to a play where either one held there containment assignment and declare one better then the other,

100 tackles?? You kidding me..Clay Mathews never sniffed 100 tackles, barely sniffed 50(54 tackles), Terrell Suggs barely sniffed 50 tackles in his career in a season, 100 tackles that's just crazy expectations for an OLB, now I can see your goal for him on sacks.

"Walden played 70 percent of the defensive snaps in 2012, appearing to wear down at the end of the season. He still finished with 26.5 pressures (combination of sacks, knockdowns and hurries), ranking second behind Clay Matthews for a second straight year. In 2011, he had the exact same total of 26.5. Last year"-CBS sports

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1615618/erik-walden

100 tackles?? You kidding me..Clay Mathews never sniffed 100 tackles, barely sniffed 50(54 tackles), Terrell Suggs barely sniffed 50 tackles in his career in a season, 100 tackles that's just crazy expectations for an OLB, now I can see your goal for him on sacks.

"Walden played 70 percent of the defensive snaps in 2012, appearing to wear down at the end of the season. He still finished with 26.5 pressures (combination of sacks, knockdowns and hurries), ranking second behind Clay Matthews for a second straight year. In 2011, he had the exact same total of 26.5. Last year"-CBS sports

CBS has him credited wit 41 tackles for loss in 2011 and 27 tackles for loss this year.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1615618/erik-walden

different position, Spencer had 95 tackles playing the role Walden/Hughes will be playing last year

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/14/signature-stat-snapshot-pass-rushing-productivity/

These are just the rankings. I don't have a premium membership for all of the raw numbers.

I'd also want to know what the definition of pressures if according to PFF, Do I have to have a Premium membership to get those stats...I cant find them

Apparentely my first number was career. He rushed 217 times last season.

That's because he was a terrible pass rusher. 

He was still second to Matthews on the Packers in pressures...not being the roaming spaz LB that Mattthews is.  

Numbers are numbers, and I trust our coaching staff to teach these guys...if they can do it with Lawrence Guy, Clifton Geathers, Kelvin Heard....and even Jerrell Freeman....these guys can teach.

I will judge these guys as Colts....not in the Packers....Bend and Bend some more  defense.  

different position, Spencer had 95 tackles playing the role Walden/Hughes will be playing last year

What did spencer have before that, he had 51 and 52 and 50 tackles the previous 3 years. No OLB gets 100 tackles you're setting him up to fail in your eyes with your expectations

He was still second to Matthews on the Packers in pressures...not being the roaming spaz LB that Mattthews is.

Numbers are numbers, and I trust our coaching staff to teach these guys...if they can do it with Lawrence Guy, Clifton Geathers, Kelvin Heard....and even Jerrell Freeman....these guys can teach.

I will judge these guys as Colts....not in the Packers....Bend and Bend some more defense.

Really 2nd in pressures to Matthews? That's not bad really