Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Aaron Dobson guy is interesting if he is there for our round 3 pick, Colts were at his Pro Day

4.4 at Pro Day at 6'3", 210 and 4.3 in official Marshall University testing a year ago

http://www.herdzone.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/031313aaa.html

The teams attending were Arizona, Baltimore, Buffalo, Carolina, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Green Bay, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Miami, Minnesota, New England, New York Giants, New York Jets, Oakland, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Diego and San Francisco.

Hmmm....now I doubt if he will be there for our round 3 pick

Dobson is one of the guy's I said the Colts should look to draft if we didn't get a WR in the 1st rd.. I think he has late 1st rd. talent but playing at Marshall against lower level competition has dropped his draft stock. He's no Randy Moss, but he's pretty good.

If we trade down and get a top of 2nd and top of 3rd pick, I can definitely see it happening, IMO.

Yeah but someone is gonna fall to us Jarvis Jones,Werner,Trufant all 1st round grades. Were really solid at WR with Wayne,DHB,T.Y,Brazil,Kelley and Fleener and Allen. Luck threw for 4,300 yards last year with a bad o-line and we've upgraded in free agency. Offense isn't the problem it's the defense we need more defensive play makers guys who can force turnovers.

Dobson will likely be there in the 3rd round.  He's the 15th overall WR in this year's draft according to Walterfootball and his production is middle of the pack to slighly better at best:679 yards with three touchdowns on 57 receptions in 2012, but only had one 100-yard receiving game.  I would rather see us go WR in round 1 because I think we can find an OG and OLB in the following rounds.

Mellette has talent, but I have some questions about him after watching his performance against North Carolina. Seemed like he dropped everything in sight, played a bit scared, and just a not good performance overall.

• 2 weeks later...

Mellette

Dan Buckner

Emory Blake

Tyrone Goard(to a lesser extent)

Cory Fuller

Conner Vernon

Chris Harper

Are all on my radar for the 4th or later if we go wr

Doesn't Stanford have yet another Whalen to take in the 7th round of FA?     :funny:

Seems like they have one every year!?!       :lol:

(Sorry,  feeling a little slap-happy tonight!)

I dont get it  :scratch:

I was just being silly.

Stanford had WR Ryan Whalen come to the NFL in 2011...

And they had WR Griff Whalen come to the NFL in 2012...

I was kidding about the idea that they're putting an WR Whalen into the NFL in 2013....

Just a bad joke that I was enjoying........

I was just being silly.

I was kidding about the idea that they're putting an WR Whalen into the NFL in 2013....

I was just being silly.

oh  :thmup:  :funny:  :spit:

I don't think will draft a WR more needs OG,OLB,CB,S.  

In my opinion, we should draft a WR if it's someone we really like in a late pick. I dont know whether safety or wide receiver is a bigger need. i was thinking taking a safety in next years draft after seeing bethea, landry, and lefeged this year.