Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time To Step It Up Drake Nevis

Andy

With Fili Moala likely out and Eric Foster mostly playing DE, it looks like our little 3rd round pick Drake Nevis, who's not that little, will probably be starting. With that being said, he needs to have a good game, to prove a point. Do you guys think he'll have a good game, I think he will.

Does that mean Matthews will play dt sunday?

Matthews is cut unless we resigned him and I missed which is possiable. I must have missed something about Foster playing end, I thought that is what Anderson and Brayton were signed for. I think you'll see a rotation of Foster, Nevis, and Johnson at the DT spot if Moala can't go. You MIGHT see them try Anderson at DT on passing downs just to give the others a break. I only guessing on the later with people saying when he was signed he could play a little DT.

With Fili Moala likely out and Eric Foster mostly playing DE, it looks like our little 3rd round pick Drake Nevis, who's not that little, will probably be starting. With that being said, he needs to have a good game, to prove a point. Do you guys think he'll have a good game, I think he will.

Who said eric foster will play DE? the colts have tyler brayton and jamal anderson... if anything he's gonna stay at DT and play on pass downs... I think nevis is gonna shine in this game, extensive playing time for him will only make him that much better of a DT

Who said eric foster will play DE? the colts have tyler brayton and jamal anderson... if anything he's gonna stay at DT and play on pass downs... I think nevis is gonna shine in this game, extensive playing time for him will only make him that much better of a DT

i think andy made a typo and he meant dt

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I saw him rotating in at DE, in place of Freeney I think. I don't think I saw him play DT last game.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I saw him rotating in at DE, in place of Freeney I think. I don't think I saw him play DT last game.

they are trying some different things he could have been at de,we might even see some 5-2 play in some situations caldwell sees belichick do this sometimes

Foster rotated at DT the entire game. With some of the defensive alignments and stunts (a few times Foster just getting pushed around) he ended up outside the tackle box a couple of seconds after the snap, so if you didn't see the initial alignment it would appear that Foster lined up on the outside.

Foster rotated at DT the entire game. With some of the defensive alignments and stunts (a few times Foster just getting pushed around) he ended up outside the tackle box a couple of seconds after the snap, so if you didn't see the initial alignment it would appear that Foster lined up on the outside.

Oh ok, good to know, thanks

He must be talking about Nevis because I've never seen Foster push anybody.

I have.... he'll push a teammate after they make a play. ;)

I'm just kidding. I like Foster okay, he will make a play or two per game because of his speed and quickness but the rest of the time he gets pushed around pretty regularly.

I have.... he'll push a teammate after they make a play. ;)

I'm just kidding. I like Foster okay, he will make a play or two per game because of his speed and quickness but the rest of the time he gets pushed around pretty regularly.

Agreed...Foster is really the last grossly undersized player from Dungy that we still have playing out of position, imo. I believe Foster has played DE in previous years, but so far not this year. In those instances he played well, though it may have seemed better than it was because I was comparing his play at DE vs. his play at DT. Or am I thinking of Dawson?

Personally I'd like to see a little more depth added at DT and either move Foster permanently to DE or let him go.

Agreed...Foster is really the last grossly undersized player from Dungy that we still have playing out of position, imo. I believe Foster has played DE in previous years, but so far not this year. In those instances he played well, though it may have seemed better than it was because I was comparing his play at DE vs. his play at DT. Or am I thinking of Dawson?

Personally I'd like to see a little more depth added at DT and either move Foster permanently to DE or let him go.

Im in 100% agreement with you. I have never understood what people liked about Foster. A while back I posted his career stats and they are, to say the least, PATHETIC! Complete waste of a roster spot IMO. I guess I could live with him playing a very limited role at DE, but beyond that, well, he may be able to help out an arena league team.

Drake Nevis isn't going to start..

Good prospect..but he's not starting

1070 radio said he was an osl in college in a 3-4 they should have reliable info

1070 radio is incorrect. He played with his hand on the ground.

Here is a piece by SB Nation on the TCU defense

He won the Ted Hendricks Award (Nations top DEFENSIVE END).

Many draft sites had Hughes projected as an OLB because they deemed him too small to play DE in the NFL, but that is why he was available at 31, he doesn't really have the lower body agility and hip flexibility to be an OLB.

1070 radio is incorrect. He played with his hand on the ground.

Here is a piece by SB Nation on the TCU defense

He won the Ted Hendricks Award (Nations top DEFENSIVE END).

Many draft sites had Hughes projected as an OLB because they deemed him too small to play DE in the NFL, but that is why he was available at 31, he doesn't really have the lower body agility and hip flexibility to be an OLB.

you might be right ,just going by what they said on the radio, they talk all the time that the colts are using him at the wrong position

1070 radio said he was an osl in college in a 3-4 they should have reliable info

Even if he did, playing OLB in a 3-4 is a very different scenario than playing OLB in our 4-3. As an OLB in a 3-4 he'd be used primarily to rush the passer. In our 4-3 he would be used much more in coverage.