Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UKColt's Mock

Assuming we don't sign DHB.

Indy trades back to the top of the 2nd. Picking up an extra 3rd rounder.

2. Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech - I love everything I hear about him, He gets a lot of comparisons to Reggie Wayne. Not elite speed, but very serviceable, excellent hands, accomplished route runner. Has no 1 potential.

3. David Amerson CB NC State - Ball hawking corner with good size and the speed to play man to man with NFL receivers.

3. Travis Frederick G Wisconsin - Powerful run blocker with the Wisconsin pedigree, who could start form day 1 over McGlyn.

4. Chase Thomas OLB Stanford - Slighltly optimistic here. Thomas can provide an edge pass rush across from Mathis.

6. Aaron Mellette WR Elon - Strong possession receiver, adds depth and much needed size.

7. Quanterius Smith OLB Western Kentucky - High motor pass rusher, high production at rush linebacker from a smaller school. Adds depth and offers us a get out plan if Jerry Hughes still doesn't pan out.

7. Jordan Kovacs S Michigan - Love this kid. Hard hitting safety with a knack for making big plays. Excellent tackler. Defensive captain, and team MVP for Michigan last season.

Any thoughts?

Go easy on me.

Still dont like WR at 24. Would rather get an OLB because no G will make it too us worthy of a 1st.If not a OLB a pass rusher or CB.Just my opinion still do not know why everyone thinks WR in 1st.Question for all how many years did we try to win it all by putting all our eggs (pun intended Happy Easter)in 1 basket.Pags and Grigs are working both sides of the ball alot better than we have in years. Again I am more eager to watch Def this year than Off.I understand everyones depth concerns but i really like Whalen. and for that big receiver Fleener will do alot better this year he was a little banged up.Plus he knows Peps Off.We have a new FB who is huge and can catch also so Off is looking better than last already with improved O-Line another year under rookies belts.I think 24 will be a Def player unless something or alot of people draft very very very weird and a great player falls to us.We will probably Opt for trading our 1st anyways for additional picks.

Rather not touch Chase Thomas, He isn't an elite pass rusher that you can hinge your hopes on getting to the QB from what I see, Which means I'd rather stay at 24 and draft Alex Okafor or Cornellius Carradine or trade down into the 2nd and draft Brandon Jenkins(picking up that extra 3rd) OR draft Travis Long at the bottom of the 4th, Not opposed to the Amerson pick at all because I love his size and believe he can be taught to play Man but would almost draft Tharold Simon before him with that extra 3rd round pick, In other words

1.Okafor or Carradine OR trade down to 2nd

2.Brandon Jenkins

3.Travis Frederick

3.Tharold Simon

4.Aaron Mellette

6.Brandan Bishop

7.Joe Vellano

Assuming we don't sign DHB.

Indy trades back to the top of the 2nd. Picking up an extra 3rd rounder.

2. Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech - I love everything I hear about him, He gets a lot of comparisons to Reggie Wayne. Not elite speed, but very serviceable, excellent hands, accomplished route runner. Has no 1 potential.

3. David Amerson CB NC State - Ball hawking corner with good size and the speed to play man to man with NFL receivers.

3. Travis Frederick G Wisconsin - Powerful run blocker with the Wisconsin pedigree, who could start form day 1 over McGlyn.

4. Chase Thomas OLB Stanford - Slighltly optimistic here. Thomas can provide an edge pass rush across from Mathis.

6. Aaron Mellette WR Elon - Strong possession receiver, adds depth and much needed size.

7. Quanterius Smith OLB Western Kentucky - High motor pass rusher, high production at rush linebacker from a smaller school. Adds depth and offers us a get out plan if Jerry Hughes still doesn't pan out.

7. Jordan Kovacs S Michigan - Love this kid. Hard hitting safety with a knack for making big plays. Excellent tackler. Defensive captain, and team MVP for Michigan last season.

Any thoughts?

Go easy on me.

Nice job....

The comments here are correct about Amerson....   he's a zone corner,  not man to man....

Not sure he has the physical gifts to make the switch...   haven't seen anyone yet that thinks he can (except Gavin)

Perhaps someone like Slay,  the other corner from Mississippi State....   that might be a possibility...

Otherwise,  all in all....    good job...