Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bears and LB Brian Urlacher to go sepeate ways.

MTC

I am thinking someone like the Vikings, who lost their MLB too. Then, they can get the offensive know how on the Packers from Greg Jennings and defensive know how from the Bears from Urlacher? Would be a good move for the Vikes, IMO, in the NFC North.

Leslie Frazier, I bet, would be interested.

For all the times we've laughed about wanting a player if it was for the right price, Urlacher could fill a depth issue at MLB and he would do it for cheap unless he kicks butt 1st year.

He's not fast enough to be a 4-3, but he could shoot gaps and stop the RB very well. Hey if he doesn't do well in training camp we can release him or drop him to the back of the depth chart.

I also think it's time to hang up the cleats. He had a really good career, but he isn't the player he once was

He isn't but for depth, it could work. He'd have to win any starting position in TC. What if he did? If he gets hurt later on, we have Pat and Conner.

Is this a good year to draft MLBs?

Wow! Though he would finish a Bear.

Urlacher to the Colts. I want an Urlacher jersey. haha

Jesus, 2 guys I always thought would finish their HOF NFL careers in 1 city with 1 franchise: Peyton Manning & Brian Urlacher... Surreal man surreal...I agree 100% FX...

He should retire

How many years has Brian been playing LB leading the "Monsters Of The Midway?" 13 years? That is a long time. Most LB's don't make it that far without their body breaking down from all those collisions. Brian has the field awareness & intelligence to still be effective IMO. He needs to go to a team when he mentor a young LBing corp & be rotated in on 3rd down. Jesus, I can't even envision him outside of a Bears uniform not playing on soldier Field anymore. He is the face of Soldier Field man...Darn man, this is 1 somber day for me man...

soldier-field.jpg

Brian+Urlacher+Detroit+Lions+v+Chicago+B

Well, Teo to Chicago now, Im 99.9 percent sure of that, as for who picks up Urlacher....Dont be surprised if you hear the Bills name pop up as a strong possibility.

Who is the DC in Buffalo? Mike Pettine...I could see that unfolding Gavin...Buffalo & Chicago...Both gritty, hardworking, blue collar cities...I could see Brian fitting there like a glove...No idea what their LB situation looks like though.

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coaches/pettine_mike/e12cda9a-e668-46c6-b900-2ce41cfc8d8e

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/19018474-419/brian-urlacher-expected-dis-from-bears-says-hell-play-in-2013.html

This is the bloody business side of the NFL that I bleeping detest & deplore: 

"They talked about me being a great leader, a great locker room guy, but their offer didn’t live up to that."

Translation: We love as a mentor & team motivator, but we just don't want you on the field. Like the classic relationship dump line: "It's not you; It's me baby." In reality, it's you & the front office is looking for any reason to cut your caboose. So much for front office loyalty...

I am thinking someone like the Vikings, who lost their MLB too. Then, they can get the offensive know how on the Packers from Greg Jennings and defensive know how from the Bears from Urlacher? Would be a good move for the Vikes, IMO, in the NFC North.

Leslie Frazier, I bet, would be interested.

Brian Urlacher in purple! Sorry Chad, you make a good argument, but #54 in a lavender uniform, I just can't wrap my head around that one. To go from Monsters of the Midway to the Mall of America is like a monumental drop off...Cough syrup purple pigmentation doesn't exactly evoke NFL toughness & intimidation to me...

Actavis_prometh_Purple_Cough_Syrup.jpg

Hey MIColtsFan, just out of curiosity, since we are friends, what's your take on Brian's departure from the "Windy City?" Are you more disappointed or really angry? I'm curious. What's the fan reaction in that great sports town considering your close ties to that beloved city?

Chicago has the best deep dish pizza ever IMO! 

Bristol_Farms_Chicago_Deep_Dish_meat_piz

for me its simple:

1.Urlacher is 34

2.Urlacher made over 9 mill this year playing 12 games and had 68 tackles 

3.Chicago has the 20th pick in the draft 

Teo to Chicago, to me the writing is on the wall, I can also see him going to Baltimore now since they lost Lewis AND Ellerbe, WOW what an offseason for them!

for me its simple:

1.Urlacher is 34

2.Urlacher made over 9 mill this year playing 12 games and had 68 tackles

3.Chicago has the 20th pick in the draft

Teo to Chicago, to me the writing is on the wall, I can also see him going to Baltimore now since they lost Lewis AND Ellerbe, WOW what an offseason for them!

Yeah, you make perfect sense Gavin. My problem is that I get attached to certain key NFL athletes across the league & I have a couple of days where I need to come to terms with the move. I'll be okay in a week or so Gavin. haha:thmup:

In the meantime, 1 last Chicago song by country star Merle Haggard called "Chicago Wind"...

Yup, I never seen a SB team like Baltimore with such an exodus of athletic talent before. It's almost like starting over from scratch for Ozzie & John. Not an easy undertaking my friend. ;)

His injuries will dampen his play and I think he may have trouble getting more that what the Bears offered. But in either case #54 you were amazing to watch in the never neding tradition of tough guy Bears defense. You hled up the tradition like the champion you are. The best of life awaits you.