Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keenan Allen vs Deandre Hopkins

Deandre Hopkins plays similar to Torrey Smith but also has  4.4 and  the route running ability of Reggie Wayne. Keenan Allen is great as well plays a lot like Boldin but just doesn't have the speed to consistently beat you over the top. Hopkins has everything u would want in a #1 WR.

I really like Keenan Allen. I think that he has great hands and runs very good routes. As with everyone else, my only concern, aside from his knee, is his speed. Does he have the speed to play the "outside" in the NFL? We have the slot position well covered in my opinion and the next receiver that we draft should be someone that can take over after Wayne hangs them up.

Does anyone know Wayne's 40 time? How does he match up compared to Keenan Allen?

I really like Keenan Allen. I think that he has great hands and runs very good routes. As with everyone else, my only concern, aside from his knee, is his speed. Does he have the speed to play the "outside" in the NFL? We have the slot position well covered in my opinion and the next receiver that we draft should be someone that can take over after Wayne hangs them up.

Does anyone know Wayne's 40 time? How does he match up compared to Keenan Allen?

Wayne ran a 4.45 at combine, Keenan Allen been hurt so he doesn't have a official 40 time right now, have to judge his speed off game tape

I like Keenan Allen a bit better, Speed and hands are there for both of them, but i see that Allen can beat press coverage, he's really agressive going after the ball when it's high or in the middle of the field. he was double cover almost every game you see and still got great numbers, playing with that QB also.

That's not a knock on Hopkins, he's really good too, he will be a solid WR in the league, but a lot of his tape is screens and verticals, Allen's route running is more polish at this moment IMO

I like both receivers very much.....

But, not enough to stop me from wanting to trade down.

I like what we can get picking up a 2/3/5 in a trade down more than I like what we can get staying at 24 with the pick.

Just a preference.     Then again,  that could change depending on who falls to 24.....

I like both receivers very much.....

But, not enough to stop me from wanting to trade down.

I like what we can get picking up a 2/3/5 in a trade down more than I like what we can get staying at 24 with the pick.

Just a preference. Then again, that could change depending on who falls to 24.....

What player is worth another team trading back into the first round for around #24, that's the question. Whatever player that's going to be at the bottom of the 1st there is a very similar player be available in the 2nd. I don't see a team trading back into the 1st and give up a 2/3/5 for a guy like Trufant/Hopkins/Fluker or somebody like that when you could just keep your pick and just get a Robert woods, Dallas Thomas or somebody like that in the 2nd, they are just as good and you keep your picks.

For us finding a team to trade with is the hard part because I don't see not one player at the bottom of the first round that is worth giving up a 2/3/5 for I just don't.

What player is worth another team trading back into the first round for around #24, that's the question. Whatever player that's going to be at the bottom of the 1st there is a very similar player be available in the 2nd. I don't see a team trading back into the 1st and give up a 2/3/5 for a guy like Trufant/Hopkins/Fluker or somebody like that when you could just keep your pick and just get a Robert woods, Dallas Thomas or somebody like that in the 2nd, they are just as good and you keep your picks.

For us finding a team to trade with is the hard part because I don't see not one player at the bottom of the first round that is worth giving up a 2/3/5 for I just don't.

That's your view. But it's hard to know how teams value players. And the player might be a QB that a team picking near the top of the 2nd round doesn't want to chance that the player won't fall to them there. Whether it's Matt Barkley or EJ Manuel or Mike Glennon -- pick one. Some team may want to do it.

Look, if there is no team, then there is no trade. And then we'll stay put and make the trade.

But, it's not like there isn't precedent for it. A few years ago, Denver traded up with Baltimore to take Tebow. Denver moved up about 17 spots (roughly a half-round) and paid a 2/3/4 for it. That's why I'm hoping for a 2/3/5. Another poster recently posted a link to some draft website that has a value chart, and he pegged our worth of the 24th pick at 2/3/5. Works for me!

Another possibility is a deal with San Francisco. They've got 31 and 34 I think. Maybe San Fran wants to move up to take someone higher. And they've got 14 picks with which to trade. We did the TY Hilton deal with them last year, so at least we have some trade history with them. That would be good too....

Just thinking out loud.......

The QB needy teams don't pick too far from us after #24 they can just sit back and wait for a Barkley, Glennon. I doubt one of the playoff teams last year are going to draft a QB in the first round then the top of the 2nd are the QB needy teams there is no point for them to trade up and give up all those picks. There isn't a player worth trading back in the 1st round for, you have a whole lot of wishful thinking

The QB needy teams don't pick too far from us after #24 they can just sit back and wait for a Barkley, Glennon. I doubt one of the playoff teams last year are going to draft a QB in the first round then the top of the 2nd are the QB needy teams there is no point for them to trade up and give up all those picks. There isn't a player worth trading back in the 1st round for, you have a whole lot of wishful thinking

One....  I'm just offering examples.

Two....  it doesn't have to be a quarterback.

Three....   all it takes is to have a team concerned enough that if they don't trade up,  the player they want won't fall to them because another team will take them.

I've been following this almost twice as long as you've been alive....   I've got a little more going for me than just wishful thinking.  Doesn't mean it will happen.    It may not.    But my view is not based only on hope and a prayer...

One.... I'm just offering examples.

Two.... it doesn't have to be a quarterback.

Three.... all it takes is to have a team concerned enough that if they don't trade up, the player they want won't fall to them because another team will take them.

I've been following this almost twice as long as you've been alive.... I've got a little more going for me than just wishful thinking. Doesn't mean it will happen. It may not. But my view is not based only on hope and a prayer...

Might want to begin your "our father" prayer now because there is no player at the bottom of this 1st round worth a 2/3/5 for. I'm just being realistic for you because you obviously aren't when it comes to trading back, there simply is going to be that player at the bottom worth all that

Might want to begin your "our father" prayer now because there is no player at the bottom of this 1st round worth a 2/3/5 for. I'm just being realistic for you because you obviously aren't when it comes to trading back, there simply is going to be that player at the bottom worth all that

Thanks....

This coming from the Colts fan who publicly said he follows the draft for the first round and pretty much doesn't care or pay much attention beyond that....

Your point is noted...    

And, again,  I'm not predicting a trade down.   I'm only hoping for one....

So....

"Our draft father, who are in the Colts Draft War Room....   Hallowed be thy Name" (Grigson)....     How's that?!?    :thmup:

One other thought that should stand alone.....

Your view is based on your view.   And you seem to think this is a Universal View shared by everyone.   You keep thinking all 32 teams see the same thing.   That all 32 teams share information and have every player ranked the same way.     And, that's not the case.    All 32 teams see things in 32 different ways.    And that's why trades are made.    Teams want to make sure they get the guy they want.   That's why the Colts traded up last year from the top of the 3rd to the bottom of the 4th to get TY Hilton.    Teams trade to make sure they get they guy they want.

Thanks....

This coming from the Colts fan who publicly said he follows the draft for the first round and pretty much doesn't care or pay much attention beyond that....

Your point is noted...

And, again, I'm not predicting a trade down. I'm only hoping for one....

So....

"Our draft father, who are in the Colts Draft War Room.... Hallowed be thy Name" (Grigson).... How's that?!? :thmup:

I never said that in my life, must have me confused with somebody else. I always sit and watch the entire draft because I study a whole lot of players and also players I played with I watch and see if the would get drafted (Alvester Alexander was my HS teammate) i played against Andrew Luck, Kniles Davis and other in HS, followed Jacquizz Rodgers when he took Lamar Consolidated to the Texas 4a state title) Christine Michael, Cyrus Gray. i follow a whole lot of players.So don't go and state false claims about me and insult my knowledge of the draft. But nice try though.

I never said that in my life, must have me confused with somebody else. I always sit and watch the entire draft because I study a whole lot of players and also players I played with I watch and see if the would get drafted. So don't go and state false claims about me and insult my knowledge of the draft. But nice try though.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and I apologize....   I wasn't trying to lie about you....

But I'm pretty sure I saw you make a comment about who you wanted in the first round, followed by an "idc" in all the other rounds....      Frankly, I was stunned to see that from HtownColt because it didn't strike me as something you'd say....

But that's what I remember seeing...

Your the fans of the Texas Longhorns and TCU Horned Frogs,  right?   Or am I confusing you with someone else??

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and I apologize.... I wasn't trying to lie about you....

But I'm pretty sure I saw you make a comment about who you wanted in the first round, followed by an "idc" in all the other rounds.... Frankly, I was stunned to see that from HtownColt because it didn't strike me as something you'd say....

But that's what I remember seeing...

Your the fans of the Texas Longhorns and TCU Horned Frogs, right? Or am I confusing you with someone else??

I said IDC about who we pick in the 7th round because people were talking about drafting a kicker in the 7th. I watch the whole draft faithfully.

That TKnight85 with his TCU and UT.

I like A&M when it comes to Texas college teams and Texas State because I used to play for them but now I'm just a senior getting ready to graduate in May

To tell you the truth I don't research and watch too much at the 1st round players. I focus on players in rounds 2-5 so I get a good feel of everybody in the draft and because these rounds can make or break a draft and I try and be updated on those kind of players. Because the experts like Mel Kiper and Mayock Mcshay are going to breakdown 1st round players for me.

That's how I found out about Brandon Williams from Missouri Southern a long time ago before anybody even mentioned him in the media

I said IDC about who we pick in the 7th round because people were talking about drafting a kicker in the 7th. I watch the whole draft faithfully.

That TKnight85 with his TCU and UT.

I like A&M when it comes to Texas college teams and Texas State because I used to play for them but now I'm just a senior getting ready to graduate in May

To tell you the truth I don't research and watch too much at the 1st round players. I focus on players in rounds 2-5 so I get a good feel of everybody in the draft and because these rounds can make or break a draft and I try and be updated on those kind of players. Because the experts like Mel Kiper and Mayock Mcshay are going to breakdown 1st round players for me.

That's how I found out about Brandon Williams from Missouri Southern a long time ago before anybody even mentioned him in the media

You know something?    I may have confused you with TKnight.    You're right.    My bad.

I was not trying to give you a hard time.    Apologies!

If you're the guy who found Brandon Williams, then I hope you noticed I've commented on you here on this board...

That was a great find before anyone else.    He'll likely go in the 2nd round...   props!

Being a UCLA fan and seeing Allen every year, the guy is way talented. But I don't see where you can go wrong, Hopkins reminds me of Roddy White the way he attacks the ball and Allen reminds me of Jimmy Smith back from the Jags days.

"attacks the ball" <---- so impressive

I vote for Justin Hunter. He has as much potential as any WR this year and has a great combination of speed, size, and leaping ability.

Just for fun go to YouTube and watch highlights of the three Tennessee WRs Patterson, Hunter and Rogers. Then let me know which one you think is most impressive. If you already have...my bad.

Also, check out Hopkins' vs Allens' and let me know who you think is more impressive.

Just for fun go to YouTube and watch highlights of the three Tennessee WRs Patterson, Hunter and Rogers. Then let me know which one you think is most impressive. If you already have...my bad.

Also, check out Hopkins' vs Allens' and let me know who you think is more impressive.

I've watched highlights on all of those WRs you mentioned and Hunter I still believe has the highest upside if he stays healthy and regains his prior ACL form. He has the best combination of speed, size, and leaping ability of all of them. Plus he was an all world long and high jumper which is a great asset to have as a WR. I believe he is less raw than Patterson as well. With Wayne helping him a bit on his route running, he could become a stud.