Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Justin Anderson is a monster!

Iron Colt

It is often in the 3rd or 4th year a developed player is finally plugged in for a quality 8-10 year vet.

Check out how 5th rd DP Arthur Jones did replacing Cory Redding. Kruger for Jarrett Johnson.

A few young Colts that I thought showed some real promise.

Clifton Geathers

Lawrence Guy

Mario Harvey

Justin Hickman

I liked what little I've seen of Guy, I hope he makes the roster again this season. However everytime I hear his name I get this in my head:

They were talking about his weight during season asking why it ballooned to like 379,he blamed it on school work :funny: and eating to much fruit :lol: ,hes around I think 342 now

Wow, I didn't know that. Must be that chocolate fruit.

This was on the NFLChannel? I'm surprised anyone outside of Indy knows he exists!

Wow, I didn't know that. Must be that chocolate fruit.

This was on the NFLChannel? I'm surprised anyone outside of Indy knows he exists!

This was yesterday mourning,it was via the teleprompt behind them,he wasn't in the facility,id never heard of him before I seen thatbut it was live,asking him about pro day

They were talking about his weight during season asking why it ballooned to like 379,he blamed it on school work :funny: and eating to much fruit :lol: ,hes around I think 342 now

5,000 boxes of Fruit Loops.....with sweet BBQ sauce!!!

fruitloops.jpg

freds-red-bbq-sauce-lrg.jpg

Make your Mamma proud.....Anderson:  " I even put Mamma's BBQ sauce on my Fruit Loops...never can have enough sugar with my fruit."  There you have it...a true testimonial from a very large fella!!!   :jump:

5,000 boxes of Fruit Loops.....with sweet BBQ sauce!!!

fruitloops.jpg

freds-red-bbq-sauce-lrg.jpg

Make your Mamma proud.....Anderson:  " I even put Mamma's BBQ sauce on my Fruit Loops...never can have enough sugar with my fruit."  There you have it...a true testimonial from a very large fella!!!   :jump:

:banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  Have some bananas on them loops

My apologies have wrong kid,the one they interviewed just coming out this year

Ahh, that makes more sense. Anderson probably couldn't get an interview if his mother owned the NFL Channel.

I still have hopes for the kid, he was a good player pre injury.

Honestly, most 340 pound offensive linemen are no stronger than their 290-310 pound counterparts.  They may be harder to move in some respects but the extra size comes with some major downsides.  Very few players become more effective at their job when they get that big and it's likely in his best interest to drop 20+ pounds.

People get too hyped up about size sometimes.  Size by itself means virtually nothing.

I think people see guys like Leonard Davis or Ted Washington have dominant spells and want someone like that, or even Ngata. Of course, it's much easier to get to that weight than play like those guys.

I think people see guys like Leonard Davis or Ted Washington have dominant spells and want someone like that, or even Ngata. Of course, it's much easier to get to that weight than play like those guys.

The NFL has successfully imported the Samoan athletes into the sport....I think it's time for the Sumo wrestlers.  

The bigger guy may still be at a disadvantage if his weight is distributed differently than the smaller guy. I'll take a 6'2", 290 pound guard over a 6'6", 340 pound guard any day and twice on Sundays assuming all other things are equal. Why? The shorter guy (very likely) has a lower center of mass which helps tremendously in the battle for leverage that blocking entails. The bigger guy has more reach which is also helpful but in a far more situational manner because interior offensive linemen don't have to cover very much space like a tackle would.

Also if the strength is the same then the littler guy is going to be quicker in the open field than the bigger guy which is extremely advantageous when it comes to getting up to the second level of a defense and taking LBs or DBs out of the play. Keeping that extra 50 pounds in motion is taxing on athletic performance.

Yeah that's true also. Give me the short fire hydrant built guy. Quad and core strength is huge. That's the thing. There are so many variables. Just give me the better player! Heh, that sounds better.

The NFL has successfully imported the Samoan athletes into the sport....I think it's time for the Sumo wrestlers.  

Don't forget Tongans. Both Ngata and his cousin Moala are Tongan.

But I believe the Samoans have the largest ratio or NFL players to Samoan population in the world.