Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cliff Avril Going to Seahawks

Meh. I wanted him, but once we picked up Waldon and Sidbury he became unneeded. Sounds like they wanted an OLB that could stop the run and drop into coverage, which is what Waldon can do. Avril and Kruger couldn't. I'd take Waldon over Kruger any day anyways. Avril would have been questionable as well. 

Meh. I wanted him, but once we picked up Waldon and Sidbury he became unneeded. Sounds like they wanted an OLB that could stop the run and drop into coverage, which is what Waldon can do. Avril and Kruger couldn't. I'd take Waldon over Kruger any day anyways. Avril would have been questionable as well.

1. Sidbury is an ILB, right?

2. Walden hardly makes the position no longer a need.

3. Walden over Kruger and Avril? :facepalm:

I know many are backing what we have done the last 2 days.. But I'm still shocked. I like Toler and Thomas. But I've seen a lot of concern with Cherilus knee and not sold on Walden like many seem to be. Expected more to say the least

I know many are backing what we have done the last 2 days.. But I'm still shocked. I like Toler and Thomas. But I've seen a lot of concern with Cherilus knee and not sold on Walden like many seem to be. Expected more to say the least

I'd say Walden is a stop gap and will not be starting in 3 years. 

Maybe it just goes to show that Avril wasn't highly thought of by the people that actually know what they are doing.

I agree with that. I now believe mgmt didn't view him as a viable 3-4 fit. I do like that Mathis is moving to the Rush LB and Walden will set the edge. I think Mathis will excel in that position.

Yes. I have made it no secret that I think Kruger is completely terrible. Like I said, I wanted Avril. Never once in my previous post did I say I preferred Waldon over Avril. We couldn't prove Avril would work in our system.

Secondly, No idea what Sidbury is. I just know he wasn't even in a 4-3, so it is questionable what he will be changing to.

Third, Grigson said he signed these people to compete for the starting position. Why would he be willing to pay 16m if he was going to bring in someone else as well? It's not a need anymore as far as free agency goes. Draft, sure. Get Damontre Moore. The pass rushers in this FA weren't worth the cash they wanted. We have Hughes and Waldon as a backup plan if anything.