Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anquan Boldin traded to the 49ers.

Dustin

He also said he would retire if not a Raven.....I think I would go out there and bust a ____ and try and get a couple of more rings...and enjoy the game while I can.  I sure know I miss playing football, and I would have done it for free..........

If only to have gotten a chance to hit Aaron Rodgers when he has that ____-eatin grin on his face  :spit:

9246785-large.jpg

:bored:

I'll let it slide this time around.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to take the high road on that one Jules...Brent, didn't mean anything serious by it. Trust me...He's just sarcastic like me that's all...

highroad.jpg

I have been known for some sarcasm too at times. ;)

I love me some Brent though. No problem here.

Brent, that response is so vintage you man. Jules, is not gonna be happy about you offering to throw around Mr. Rogers like a chew toy for your dog Que. Just Kidding!!!

Play nice Brent...Both you & Jules are well respected friends of mine...Don't make me pull over, stop the car, & settle this...HA! HA! That's the voice of my father speaking to my sister & I when we ticked him off...Ah, what glorious memories Not!

Jules and I have never had an issue...and I am a kinder/gentler linebacker these days :)

The Colts didn't ask Manning to take a paycut. The Colts had to (for a long time) think whether they wanted to keep him or let him go. The move didn't come out of nowhere and a lot of the fans where expecting the move. 

The Boldin move came out of nowhere and blindsided him. He even said "He was shocked." Now was Manning shocked? Maybe, but I'm telling you, with all the media and talk, it's hard to not think about life without the Colts. 

Sure, they got a 6th rounder for Boldin, but as I said, with the money they had, they could have worked around his contract. They could have asked him for a small paycut for 750K or 1M. Asking a guy to dump 1/3 of his contract is ridiculous, and 99% of players won't do it. It's too bad for him. 

I think it will bite them back. He was a real good security blanket for Flacco, and now he's gone. They'll need to find someone soon.

They did ask Boldin for a pay cut for about 4 million, but Anquan wouldn't take it based on principle. Very understandable, but the Ravens did try. I think that outside Indianapolis, everyone was horrified how Manning was treated by Irsay. Irsay owes all of his success to Manning, and I do think it shocked many people outside of Indy. That being said, with a bad neck, and Luck available, you can see why Irsay did what he did. Ozzie is doing the same thing with the Ravens and paying players for future performance, not past performance. It's a tough deal, but thats how it has to go in the salary cap era. Ozzie is looking for the Ravens to be competitive for years to come, not just trying to repeat in 2013. I agree Ozzie has to get someone, because Tandon Doss is not the answer. In the short term it will bite them, but you have to look long term. They will only resign Reed and McKinnie if the price is right.

They are essentially trading Boldin 6' 1 220 for Tandon Doss of IU.6' 2 210..I think Blood mentioned this earlier in the thread.

Doss was exceptional at IU....is an athlete...and has a great vertical.  As Blood said, "Ozzie is pretty good at the next man up" philosophy.  You never know, they may be going after Bardens of the Giants too>>>> Who knows?  I would not mind having that big boy!!!

Doss is no boldin, I'm sorry

I wonder when the Ravens make it back to the playoffs. Joe Flacco, enjoy your pay. Ravens, enjoy your Joe Flacco because that's about all you got left.

We could do this back in the day with Peyton Manning, because he's freaking Peyton Manning.

Everyone else look for heavy criticism next season going Joe Flacco's direction.( Ravens front office too)

Did not say he is....so nothing to be sorry about.  I mentioned what Ozzies outlook is and I like Bardens.....

And no Doss is not old like Boldin....Boldin flat out got the shaft...I love the guy!

Yeah, no more bail out catches from boldin. But I see what you're saying, I just don't agree with what Ozzie is doing.