Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anquan Boldin traded to the 49ers.

Dustin

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49ers acquired WR Anquan Boldin from the Ravens in exchange for a sixth-round draft pick.

The Ravens were on the verge of releasing Boldin, so GM Ozzie Newsome did well to get a pick back for a receiver entering his age-33 season and still clearing all of his $6 million base salary off of the books. Boldin adds another physical possession receiver to Colin Kaepernick's arsenal, though we'd expect Boldin to take a bit of a backseat to Crabtree and Vernon Davis in 2013. As great as Boldin was in the playoffs, he does not create separation. To fully capitalize on Kaepernick's arm, the 49ers either need A.J. Jenkins to step up as a vertical stretcher, or they'll need to find one someplace else.

49ers acquired WR Anquan Boldin from the Ravens in exchange for a sixth-round draft pick.

The Ravens were on the verge of releasing Boldin, so GM Ozzie Newsome did well to get a pick back for a receiver entering his age-33 season and still clearing all of his $6 million base salary off of the books. Boldin adds another physical possession receiver to Colin Kaepernick's arsenal, though we'd expect Boldin to take a bit of a backseat to Crabtree and Vernon Davis in 2013. As great as Boldin was in the playoffs, he does not create separation. To fully capitalize on Kaepernick's arm, the 49ers either need A.J. Jenkins to step up as a vertical stretcher, or they'll need to find one someplace else.

i still think AJ will turn some heads this year if given the oportunity..he was just waaaaaaaaay "over"drafted

I sincerely hope that Mike Wallace does NOT like the West Coast. Could you imagine that?

Jesus.

6th rounder?

Now even the Patriots are going to hate the 49ers. :)

My God, we are going to have our hands full with the Seahawks/49ers next year. Just be glad Seattle is coming to Indy.

Wow. 6th round pick. Good for the niners

11 mill  year...or 10...Miami...

traded for a price that’s about the equivalent of the dollar values hanging from the discount bargain bins at your local Kwik-E-Mart.

http://blogs.thescore.com/nfl/2013/03/11/ravens-trade-boldin-to-the-49ers-for-a-sixth-round-pick/

i still think AJ will turn some heads this year if given the oportunity..he was just waaaaaaaaay "over"drafted

As an Illini fan, I can tell you that the talent with AJ is most definitely there. He had a few areas of his game to clean up, with regards to route running; however, overdrafted or not he was and is a 1st round pure talent. I assure you that we will be hearing about him for a while. He just needed a little reeducation after surviving Illinois' horrifically amateur offense...

Thats really not that big of a steal IMO...

The reported Harvin trade however does seem like a steal for the Vikings. A 1st, a mid, and a late?? Thats a great job by the Vikings.

But as for Boldin....His trade seems legit. His original trade was Boldin/5th for a 3rd/4th....That was 3 seasons ago. Boldin is 33, has taken severe punishment, and costs over $6 a year....Win/Win for both teams IMO. Ravens get something for a player they were cutting, SF gets a proven player for next to nothing.

John Harbaugh must have wanted to give Jim a gift for beating his butt in the big one.

Maybe now Jim can start talking to John again. lol.

Lol I was thinking the same thing. " I'm sorry bro, here's a gift for your misfortune!"

Some much for Boldin retiring if he can't play for the Ravens eh? I'm sure Anquan is filing his NFL papers right now as we speak.  haha

Flacco is really gonna miss Boldin in November & December. He has Flacco's security blanket. All you safety nets are disappearing fast. Not so cool eh Joe?...

Some much for Boldin retiring if he can't play for the Ravens eh? I'm sure Anquan is filing his NFL papers right now as we speak.  haha

Flacco is really gonna miss Boldin in November & December. He has Flacco's security blanket. All you safety nets are disappearing fast. Not so cool eh Joe?...

which is why i am saying the ravens to go at most 8-8 this season lol. when you start losing high end players and you sign a good QB to a over rated salary you end up cap strapped and cant sign your other good players.